Andrew Bridgen MP

Walker570

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, oowee said:

Rightly so. Comparing the use of the vaccinne to the holocaust and baselessly arguing that covid vaccinnes seriously damage health has no place in responsible government. 

Not as bad as "Kill Granny" that was spouted by supporters of the vaccine and pumped out over all the communications channels....He (Bridgen) only likened it to the Holocaust 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Rightly so. Comparing the use of the vaccinne to the holocaust and baselessly arguing that covid vaccinnes seriously damage health has no place in responsible government. 

Looking on Youtube replies then you are very much in the minority.  "Responsible Government"????????  We the public don't have such on either side of the House today,

Well, responsible for the downfall of the United Kingdom, I suppose your correct.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

From what I`ve read,Mr Bridgen was quoting a cardiologist who made the remarks . Sounds like he`s being dragged down for exposing the truth ...as usual...

59 minutes ago, matone said:

From what I`ve read,Mr Bridgen was quoting a cardiologist who made the remarks . Sounds like he`s being dragged down for exposing the truth ...as usual...

This is what he posted, he claims to be quoting someone -

Posting a link to an article on vaccines earlier, he added: "As one consultant cardiologist said to me, this is the biggest crime against humanity since the Holocaust."

I think the consultant is alluding to the medical experimentation on Jews, and hinting that the vaccines were experimental.

I'm not trying to defend his actions nor do I agree with them, just pointing out that the media are on another witch hunt.

1 hour ago, matone said:

Was it corbyn re tweeting anti symetic posts that got him ousted? Same sort of rubbish here. Good to see the Tories standing upto be counted following Starmers lead. 

3 hours ago, oowee said:

But COVID vaccines do seriously damage health, from anaphylactic shock to myocarditis to aborted fetuses to "blood" clots etc etc

10 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I can think of very few examples, if any, where citing the holocaust is likely to win friends, but is almost certainly going to cause offence. 

I don't care who he was quoting, he should have chosen his quotes / words more wisely.

^^^^^ This. 

10 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I can think of very few examples, if any, where citing the holocaust is likely to win friends, but is almost certainly going to cause offence. 

I don't care who he was quoting, he should have chosen his quotes / words more wisely.

Maybe so, and I do agree it was at best a very poor choice of words, but to attempt to cancel him for raising and issue as important as the one he raised (whether it is correct or not) is simply not right, without freedom of speech, some of the world's most important issues could be brushed over, with the result being potentially millions of people injured or lives cut short. 

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Maybe so, and I do agree it was at best a very poor choice of words, but to attempt to cancel him for raising and issue as important as the one he raised (whether it is correct or not) is simply not right, without freedom of speech, some of the world's most important issues could be brushed over, with the result being potentially millions of people injured or lives cut short. 

This !

5 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

As an MP he is in a position of influence and authority. He is simply spouting his mouth without evidence. He has declined to provide evidence to support his case. 

Some of the public will loose confidence as a result of his utterings. No problem with freedom of speech but you can't have members of govt spouting off misleading and completely unfounded statements as though they are facts. 

Edited by oowee

15 minutes ago, oowee said:

As an MP he is in a position of influence and authority. He is simply spouting his mouth without evidence. He has declined to provide evidence to support his case. 

Some of the public will loose confidence as a result of his utterings. No problem with freedom of speech but you can't have members of govt spouting off misleading and completely unfounded statements as though they are facts. 

i thought that was mostly what governments did :lol:

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

Is it misleading and unfounded? And is he exposing a scandal being hidden from the public. Or is it as you suggest, simply spouting his mouth? 

The problem is without the freedom to express your views, especially as an MP, corruption can grow and issues can be whitewashed. 

I don't believe the average person is stupid and given all the information and time will come to the correct conclusion, suppressing information correct or otherwise makes our society a more dangerous place and opens the door to oppression and corruption. 

4 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

i thought that was mostly what governments did :lol:

Very true 😂😂😂

35 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Is it misleading and unfounded? And is he exposing a scandal being hidden from the public. Or is it as you suggest, simply spouting his mouth? 

The problem is without the freedom to express your views, especially as an MP, corruption can grow and issues can be whitewashed. 

I don't believe the average person is stupid and given all the information and time will come to the correct conclusion, suppressing information correct or otherwise makes our society a more dangerous place and opens the door to oppression and corruption. 

Very true 😂😂😂

Yes it is misleading. He has not put forward anything substantive.

He can express his views, he can question but at the same time he has to reflect on the impact of his actions as a result of his position as a government representative. 

If he has a real concern put yhem forward for analysis. 

23 minutes ago, oowee said:

Yes it is misleading. He has not put forward anything substantive.

He can express his views, he can question but at the same time he has to reflect on the impact of his actions as a result of his position as a government representative. 

If he has a real concern put yhem forward for analysis. 

I'll agree it is an extraordinary claim that should be backed up with solid evidence, but silencing people, regardless how wacky their ideas are, can only lead to a closed and oppressive society. 

I believe people, especially MPs should be allowed to express whatever views they wish (without crossing the line and inciting violence obviously) and equally, people expressing outlandish views should be allowed to throughly challenge the evidence, which let's the public decide the truth. Denying the public that right by silencing people underestimates the publics intelligence and will leave the door open for corruption and oppression, it also spawns conspiracy theory's as people try to fill in the blanks themselves and never see the persons claim get tested, instead they see a martyr who's simply fallen on their sword. 

Edited by 12gauge82

53 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'll agree it is an extraordinary claim that should be backed up with solid evidence, but silencing people, regardless how wacky their ideas are, can only lead to a closed and oppressive society. 

I believe people, especially MPs should be allowed to express whatever views they wish (without crossing the line and inciting violence obviously) and equally, people expressing outlandish views should be allowed to throughly challenge the evidence, which let's the public decide the truth. Denying the public that right by silencing people underestimates the publics intelligence and will leave the door open for corruption and oppression, it also spawns conspiracy theory's as people try to fill in the blanks themselves and never see the persons claim get tested, instead they see a martyr who's simply fallen on their sword. 

Quite. Stifle alternative views and you’ve got censorship, or religion! 🙂

I have not seen where he was making the claim from. If it was in the house I understand parliamentary privilege allows free speech. I don't see anything wrong with that description apart from woke's who try to brush unpleasant history out of sight and memory.

Either way it looks to me like he's being slapped down - possibly in the hope it goes away before adding more weight to any in depth digging exposes corruption. It seems a lot of people made a lot of money out of Covid.

You cannot have a government saying we have this as a policy and the same government saying the policy is dangerous to your health. Its nothing to do with stifling free speech. What he was doing is likely to lead to deaths.

He is free to say what he likes (that is not discriminatory)  and provide his evidence on the topic of vacinations. He is not free to say what he likes without any evidence as the public will see his statement as coming from the government. He simply has a responsibility as a result of his position to be more circumspect. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

You cannot have a government saying we have this as a policy and the same government saying the policy is dangerous to your health. Its nothing to do with stifling free speech. What he was doing is likely to lead to deaths.

He is free to say what he likes (that is not discriminatory)  and provide his evidence on the topic of vacinations. He is not free to say what he likes without any evidence as the public will see his statement as coming from the government. He simply has a responsibility as a result of his position to be more circumspect. 

As sadly is any drug or vaccine? Never any free lunches?

He was free to say what he wanted, but comparing it to the holocaust is breathtakingly dumb. Despite him saying he was merely repeating what he had been told, it does not absolve him from responsibility. He made a controversial statement, but can't back it up and has paid the price for his lack of judgement. It isn't censorship, but merely cause and effect.

If he knew the uproar it would cause, he is stupid.

If he didn't know, he was stupid.

There is no third option.

6 hours ago, oowee said:

I would suggest if your honest held belief is that millions of peoples lives are being endangered by government policy and that information being suppressed, you'd have a morel duty to to speak out.