Photo ID needed at the Polling Stations from 4th May this year

JohnfromUK

I had a note from local site that we have local council elections in May - and we will need to show photo ID to vote (in person at the polling station).  https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/voter/voter-id

I had not realised this was happening.  Apparently applies to local elections initially and general elections later in the year (October).  Link above has the details.

Therefore, if your area has local council elections in May and you intend to vote in person, remember your photo ID.

4 hours ago, discobob said:

I thought your Tin Foil image was pointed at me buddy and my comment on Postal Votes 

No just the sub text of rigged elections. Same as the mad 'mercan idea that DJT lost due to rigged voting, a certain member couldn't understand that if one side could do it then both (all) sides could. 

I've just read the info in the link regarding Photo ID and came across this which seems a little strange to me.

Showing ID as an anonymous elector

If you're registered to vote anonymously and want to vote in person, you'll need to apply for an Anonymous Elector's Document.

Find out more about registering to vote anonymously and how to vote anonymously

23 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

I've just read the info in the link regarding Photo ID and came across this which seems a little strange to me.

Showing ID as an anonymous elector

If you're registered to vote anonymously and want to vote in person, you'll need to apply for an Anonymous Elector's Document.

Find out more about registering to vote anonymously and how to vote anonymously

Quick look and all becomes apparent...

Screenshot_20230125_132339_Chrome.jpg.0bca1078978f8618ed8fad7188d8fc14.jpg

• 3 months later...

Cast my vote this morning - and quite correctly my photo ID was requested, and checked that it 'was me', so all seems good.

I noted that we only have 3 candidates, Conservative, Green and LibDem.  In the past it has always been a two horse race with LibDem always coming a plausible second and any others only getting a small handful of votes.