Just seen this.

Scully

It’s always been about nothing more than revenue, always. 
The Newcastle clean air campaign featured on our regional news the other night, stating how much had been made in payments and fines…council actively pursuing those who have ignored the new rules for none payment of fines. 
I emailed said council a couple of years ago, as I was driving to Newcastle and back fairly often back then, asking if it was really all about clean air, owing to the fact that as long as I paid the fee for my pollution I was perfectly able to drive through. 
Am still awaiting a reply. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s always been about nothing more than revenue, always. 
The Newcastle clean air campaign featured on our regional news the other night, stating how much had been made in payments and fines…council actively pursuing those who have ignored the new rules for none payment of fines. 
I emailed said council a couple of years ago, as I was driving to Newcastle and back fairly often back then, asking if it was really all about clean air, owing to the fact that as long as I paid the fee for my pollution I was perfectly able to drive through. 
Am still awaiting a reply. 🙂

Just another tax.. You could always go by train :lookaround:...https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-64862263

Sounds like road fund licencing through a different door. To be fair as government income from 'green' cars reduces it has to be found in different ways, or perhaps we should all live tax free - including those able to afford to drive. But wait... why not let millions of cars into the capital so it becomes impossible to breath there.

That sounds like me being pro gov, but money to run - or ruin even - the country has to be found somewhere. how else would we be able to afford to house the gimmigrants, or fund Ukraine to deplete Russian armaments for us. :)

Edited by Dave-G

5 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Sounds like road fund licencing through a different door. To be fair as government income from 'green' cars reduces it has to be found in different ways, or perhaps we should all live tax free - including those able to afford to drive. But wait... why not let millions of cars into the capital so it becomes impossible to breath there.

That sounds like me being pro gov, but money to run - or ruin even - the country has to be found somewhere. how else would we be able to afford to house the gimmigrants, or fund Ukraine to deplete Russian armaments for us. 

That’s exactly what it is. Lost revenue has to be recouped somehow, I just wish they’d be honest about it. There again, there is an agenda. 

19 hours ago, Scully said:

That’s exactly what it is. Lost revenue has to be recouped somehow, I just wish they’d be honest about it. There again, there is an agenda. 

I thought the new 20 & 15 mins zone were far more reaching, here is one example ( just the 1st one that came up on a Google search ( I actually read the European directive some months ago )) but a word of caution please be sitting down and not operating machinery when you read it as it's going to be rolled out I'm led to believe 😅

15 minute city plans cause controversy – The Oxford Student

• 1 month later...

The Govt are actively playing mind games with us through the media on Nett Zero indoctrination, Soaps, cooking programmes, the BBC you name it.  Watched the last of Jamie Olivers £1 meals programmes and pushing not eating meat was evident through the entire programme, he made five dishes and the total meat content per person was one chicken thigh.  Read the House of Lords report on implementing Nett Zero, it is unbelievable with mind games on the scale of the Covid terrorism.  

On 16/04/2023 at 21:07, Weihrauch17 said:

The Govt are actively playing mind games with us through the media on Nett Zero indoctrination, Soaps, cooking programmes, the BBC you name it.  

aye - cashless society is heavily pushed in soaps - really obvious over acting to emphasise the act. Even subliminally, On Corrie last week one of the characters was reading a newspaper and the front page headline was about how successful cycle lanes were. Also, on Corrie, the amount of new model cars that are placed due to the in-program advertising they are allowed to do (ever seen the PP showing on screen at the start - Paid Promotion)

Don't watch Eastenders (or rather the wife doesn't) anymore - but I bet all the market traders have card machines.

On 16/04/2023 at 21:07, Weihrauch17 said:

on the scale of the Covid terrorism.

That was the proving ground for the "science" of manipulating peoples behaviour. That is why everything is accelerating with the implementation of all these draconian measures. It is not for our good though.

On 09/03/2023 at 11:40, mgsontour said:

I thought the new 20 & 15 mins zone were far more reaching, here is one example ( just the 1st one that came up on a Google search ( I actually read the European directive some months ago )) but a word of caution please be sitting down and not operating machinery when you read it as it's going to be rolled out I'm led to believe 😅

They are coming everywhere - every road camera in the country can be converted to enforce this - number plate pinged outside of your area - await your fine - how many fines can you afford to pay - can't pay, they will take your house (don't get me started on the other means that are coming for them to take your house)

I think that Wales may be the first country in the union that will introduce road user charging - the amount of "average speed camera" areas that are springing up here is unbelievable (and it is) with average speed areas including multiple change in speed limits within them. 

People are saying it will be offset by your road fund license not needing to be paid - how will that work as the whole country would need to go per mile charging at the same time, so it won't and you will have to pay this on top of your road fund license and also fuel duty etc.....

On 20/04/2023 at 09:17, discobob said:

aye - cashless society is heavily pushed in soaps - really obvious over acting to emphasise the act. Even subliminally, On Corrie last week one of the characters was reading a newspaper and the front page headline was about how successful cycle lanes were. Also, on Corrie, the amount of new model cars that are placed due to the in-program advertising they are allowed to do (ever seen the PP showing on screen at the start - Paid Promotion)

Don't watch Eastenders (or rather the wife doesn't) anymore - but I bet all the market traders have card machines.

That was the proving ground for the "science" of manipulating peoples behaviour. That is why everything is accelerating with the implementation of all these draconian measures. It is not for our good though.

They are coming everywhere - every road camera in the country can be converted to enforce this - number plate pinged outside of your area - await your fine - how many fines can you afford to pay - can't pay, they will take your house (don't get me started on the other means that are coming for them to take your house)

I think that Wales may be the first country in the union that will introduce road user charging - the amount of "average speed camera" areas that are springing up here is unbelievable (and it is) with average speed areas including multiple change in speed limits within them. 

People are saying it will be offset by your road fund license not needing to be paid - how will that work as the whole country would need to go per mile charging at the same time, so it won't and you will have to pay this on top of your road fund license and also fuel duty etc.....

3 episodes of Masterchef this week, the only meat seen was a bit of Chicken and some Squid, it is blatant!!

On 08/03/2023 at 10:50, Dave-G said:

That sounds like me being pro gov, but money to run - or ruin even - the country has to be found somewhere. how else would we be able to afford to house the gimmigrants, or fund Ukraine to deplete Russian armaments for us. 

^^^^ This and it seems to me that those that use it the most should pay the most. It would be good if they have some sort of multiplyer attached say 1/2 for ev's and double for large vehicles. It should also be possible to weight payments by location. I would imagine collecting it will be a nightmare. 

The muppets who say this is about air pollution need to be strapped to a polygraph and a cattle prod. A nice jolt every time they lie.

Electric cars pollute the air, as do ultra low emission cars. I presume Khan and Burnham et al have never heard of dust from tyres, brake discs, rubber belts etc.

It is nothing but money, money, money.

On 09/03/2023 at 11:40, mgsontour said:

If I was to walk 15 or 20 minutes from my house I'd still be on the farm.

Nearest CoOp is 40mins away  Dr's, get yer hiking boots out.

Thank goodness I no longer live in a city.