Salad Crisis

islandgun

i just get on  with it....what does annoy me is the supermarket...and their packaging policy.......

all i want is ONE SWEET PEPPER for a couple of stir frys.........oh yes ...they have green pepper's ONLY IN PACKS OF 5............who the bloody hell buys 5 green pepper's at one time ????

i dont..so i go without

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i just get on  with it....what does annoy me is the supermarket...and their packaging policy.......

all i want is ONE SWEET PEPPER for a couple of stir frys.........oh yes ...they have green pepper's ONLY IN PACKS OF 5............who the bloody hell buys 5 green pepper's at one time ????

Buy the five, wash them, slice them and bag and freeze in portions for the next few weeks!

24 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

What Shot size , choke and barrel length do I need to safely dispatch a cabbage ?case I need to go all hunter gatherer over this issue . Do red cartridges work better ?

As for lead picture will leave that until later

Agriv8

Ive just one word, Rim fire.... and dusk

29 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i dont..so i go without

Why don't you buy a stir and fry mix , ( M + S do a nice one ) use what you want and freeze the rest , all sorted and no need to go without :drinks:

43 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Why don't you buy a stir and fry mix , ( M + S do a nice one ) use what you want and freeze the rest , all sorted and no need to go without :drinks:

my freezer is stuffed..........

when i do a stir fry i like the vedge to be slightly eldente.....which dont happen whe using froze stuff

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

when i do a stir fry i like the vedge to be slightly eldente.....which dont happen whe using froze stuff

I knew there would be a logical answer , just seemed a simple solution , you know us ole Norfolk bois like to keep things simple :lol:

22 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Aldi do a selection of stir fry mixes in the veg section. Very good for solo cooking. I get 2 meals out of a pack of stir fry veg with added meat and sauces. 

Who needs salad in Winter. Its stew and dumplings weather still. 🤷‍♀️

19 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Aldi do a selection of stir fry mixes in the veg section. Very good for solo cooking. I get 2 meals out of a pack of stir fry veg with added meat and sauces. 

Who needs salad in Winter. Its stew and dumplings weather still. 🤷‍♀️

dont get out much now yvonne...so i have to make do with whats on my doorstep.....i have a lot of time to kill so i make my own sauce...i use alot of plum jam and soya sauce etc..........

30 minutes ago, ditchman said:

dont get out much now yvonne...so i have to make do with whats on my doorstep.....i have a lot of time to kill so i make my own sauce...i use alot of plum jam and soya sauce etc..........

I use soya sauce, with orange juice, ginger, star anise and garlic amongst other stuff. Dry sherry is a good substitue for Saki. Unbleached cornflour for thickening. I buy Hoisin sauce in bulk and freeze it in plastic tubs. It stays spoonable when frozen, but keeps better. I buy a chunk of ginger root, peel it and cut into thin slices then freeze.

I am lucky there is an Aldi on the edge of the village. Aldi do packs of bean sprouts too. 

You can also buy the green mung beans and sprout them on wet kitchen towel in a plastic tub in the airing cupboard. Rinse well to get rid of the green seed cases and use the sprouts as normal.