Housing "Refugees" / Economic Migrants - looking for a BETTER Life

TIGHTCHOKE

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Now your clutching at donkey straws. At the very least they voted for one of the rest of this shower. 🤣 Still we all make mistakes eh?

FYI i am a floating voter and have no allegience to any party. I was just pointing out that no Prime Minister is ever voted for by the general public.

And i fully expect you to be as critical when labour come into power and not try to blame anyone else when they fail just as much as the tories.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

FYI i am a floating voter and have no allegience to any party. I was just pointing out that no Prime Minister is ever voted for by the general public.

And i fully expect you to be as critical when labour come into power and not try to blame anyone else when they fail just as much as the tories.

For the avoidance of doubt I think it highly unlikely any party will be any better in a second term. All I hope for is that we avoid the pendulum going too far either way and to slow down our decline. Second and third terms or second pick PM's of any party are likely to be the worst choice for all. Not that I doubt Sunak but he is hamstrung by the rifts in the party and pandering to what he sees as a baying voter base. 

26 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

Just seen on 4News that a very large Barge is going to be used to house some of the Male migrants ,its going to be moored off the south coast !

Be a shame if it broke loose of it's moorings and drifted across to France.

53 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

One blade of grass is needed to start building an haystack !

It is a PR exercise nothing more, the French have taken the UK taxpayers £500 million Sunak gave them and hurt themselves laughing at his utter stupidity.  He would need 80 barges for the 2022 influx and they still cost a fortune, 2023 numbers already setting new records.

Edited by Weihrauch17

Question at lunch today 

How many people are there in the Uk right now?

I took a long trip through the east end of London today and couldn’t believe how many rabbit hutch block of flats had been thrown up on every square inch of available land.

I said over 70 million

Discuss 

7 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

He would need 80 barges for the 2022 influx and they still cost a fortune, 

OK so let's order 80 barges. No problem

Build them in British shipyards using British materials. Put some money back into the British economy. It's a win / win situation

Let's see who cracks first

11 minutes ago, Houseplant said:

While I have no issue with offshore housing (some might say detention), I suspect it's only going to delay entry to the UK rather than stop it, so not much of a deterrent. 

I disagree in part. It's going to stop them living the high life in hotels and working illegally. Which a lot of them do.

If it feels more like detention that can only make them realise that what they did was illegal and has consequences.

All this messing around when the solution is to tow anyone arriving illegally straight back to a French beach, yes the french will moan, the rest of the world will call us names but ultimately what can they do, go to war with us? It would stop the migrant problem in its tracks within a week at next to no cost. 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

OK so let's order 80 barges. No problem

Build them in British shipyards using British materials. Put some money back into the British economy. It's a win / win situation

Let's see who cracks first

How about we stop them coming instead!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

All this messing around when the solution is to tow anyone arriving illegally straight back to a French beach, yes the french will moan, the rest of the world will call us names but ultimately what can they do, go to war with us? It would stop the migrant problem in its tracks within a week at next to no cost. 

This, we have a Navy we don't use.

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I disagree in part. It's going to stop them living the high life in hotels and working illegally. Which a lot of them do.

If it feels more like detention that can only make them realise that what they did was illegal and has consequences.

You may be right, but like it or not, they are tough people and a few weeks, months or even years on a boat with bed and breakfast will be like water off a duck's back.

seen some pics of inside the barge.....looks very well appointed ...games rooms ...bar.....nice eating areas ........looks as if was for construction workers who are used to being looked after when working far away from home..........

i daresay people will say its inhumane.......................

i do dispair

10 hours ago, Mungler said:

Question at lunch today 

How many people are there in the Uk right now?

I took a long trip through the east end of London today and couldn’t believe how many rabbit hutch block of flats had been thrown up on every square inch of available land.

I said over 70 million

Discuss 

Definitely, the country will sink soon and the south east will go under first!

10 hours ago, Houseplant said:

You may be right, but like it or not, they are tough people and a few weeks, months or even years on a boat with bed and breakfast will be like water off a duck's back.

Yes but I don't recognise them from that profile. These are ambitious young men with enough motivation and get up and go to make the journeys that they did.

They want to be out there earning money not languishing on a barge no matter how comfortable that may be.

The fact that their lack of work permits and skills means they often depend on criminality or the black economy to earn that money is an unfortunate consequence

Keeping them on a boat means they are kept away from opportunity to earn money.

13 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Yes but I don't recognise them from that profile. These are ambitious young men with enough motivation and get up and go to make the journeys that they did.

They want to be out there earning money not languishing on a barge no matter how comfortable that may be.

The fact that their lack of work permits and skills means they often depend on criminality or the black economy to earn that money is an unfortunate consequence

Keeping them on a boat means they are kept away from opportunity to earn money.

So going by what you are saying , it will just encourage  more  to throw away  there passports and ID  and cross the channel  illegally.