Pension triple lock under review !!!!

Jega

Here we go the pension triple lock is now under threat and  in the firing line ,apparently its too expensive .

IT IS NOT A BENEFIT ,GOT IT SUNAK AND Co ? These people have paid into the system all their working lives .

What about the thousand's of people who tragically never even survive long enough to claim THEIR pension ?

As usual not one mention of the millions spent on housing and keeping thousands of illegal immigrants who haven't paid in a penny .

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Jega said:

Here we go the pension triple lock is now under threat and  in the firing line ,apparently its too expensive .

IT IS NOT A BENEFIT ,GOT IT SUNAK AND Co ? These people have paid into the system all their working lives .

What about the thousand's of people who tragically never even survive long enough to claim THEIR pension ?

As usual not one mention of the millions spent on housing and keeping thousands of illegal immigrants who haven't paid in a penny .

do you know......i have never even realised that until you just pointed it out...........i wonder how much that ammounts to ????

16 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

I remeber many years. Ago pals in the factory I worked in reaching 65. , getting there pensions and dead within the first year.

Hi John ,like you mate and i'm sure many others on here  i have literally lost count of the number of workmates i have lost over my 50 years of working ,many of whom passed away either just passed their retirement age or as in a recent case just before he was due to retire (63) .

It is a Ponzi scheme. And the "stamp", the national insurance "contribution", long ago ceased to be that. It is taxation under another name just as the "road fund licence" or as now know vehicle excise duty isn't hypothecated for roads. Some still naively think it and national insurance are. They long ago ceased to be so.

Edited by enfieldspares

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

We need to reduce payments or life expectancy. Either that or increase output and profitability..... ooops sorry I forgot we voted against that. 

Do we really 

there are many people who worked hard and paid their dues for a lifetime in low paying jobs working for the promise of a pension there was no option to opt out for many and no money to pay into private pensions (which have been robbed blind) 

many governments have failed to invest into the support system of the ageing population that they knew was coming 

I find it appalling that someone can come to this country illegally and receive more a week than a old age pensioner that has contributed to the system for there entire life 

the problem is that there is a decreased number of people working in relation to the amount of pensioners even though the age of becoming a pensioner has been increased along with many years of no interest on savings coupled wit the last few years of massive inflation 

how can a government any government give its employees a pay rise and then not give the very people that the money came from for the previous 50 years a pension rise on the same level 

maybe although it would be very unfair there should be no old age pension to anyone who has a private pension 

It was clearly an unsustainable attempt to buy votes thats come back to bite all of us. The vast majority of the population take out more than they put in, The pension benefit just exacerbates the problem now we are all living longer. 

1 minute ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Says a man with a huge Civil Service Pension.  |**** off. 

I paid for it. 👍

28 minutes ago, oowee said:

It was clearly an unsustainable attempt to buy votes thats come back to bite all of us. The vast majority of the population take out more than they put in, The pension benefit just exacerbates the problem now we are all living longer. 

I paid for it. 👍

Along with the stoppages and national insurance payments 

that old age pensioners have 

Just one point if I may.  :cool1:

You lot do realise that you are actually talking about the STATE Pension, don't you?  :w00t:

NOT work based Pensions!  :no:

And to be BRUTALLY honest, if you have left things alone and are counting on your STATE Pension keeping you happy after your due date you REALLY should have planned better and put some money away!   :w00t:

10 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Says a man with a huge Civil Service Pension.  |**** off. 

I will add my vote to that.

Not the first time he has promoted that type of comment.

His opinion often shows the problem we have in this country with a certain section of the population who look after their own.

End of.

Hi folks as it is said in the telegraph today the triple lock state pension boost to be clawed back in stealth tax raid said roughly 1 in 7 that is paid out in higher state pensions will be clawed back .over 8 million pensioners currently pay income tax as the combined combined pensions exceed the personal tax allowance of £12570 pounds and of those 8 million 1 million pay the higher rate of 4;0%. So not all pensioners arm.e all living it up ATM at the present time.the personal allowance is set to be frozen till at least 2025/26 so any more pension rises in the future will drag more of us into the tax frame .cheers teddy

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just one point if I may.  

You lot do realise that you are actually talking about the STATE Pension, don't you?  

NOT work based Pensions!  

And to be BRUTALLY honest, if you have left things alone and are counting on your STATE Pension keeping you happy after your due date you REALLY should have planned better and put some money away!   

If you look at my post I am commenting on the state pension .

to be as brutal as you its of no business of your's how I fund my retirement . 

One other thing the pensioners pound supports a hell of a lot of local businesses  who in turn pay taxes. 

I am all for the state pension to be a fair payment (whatever that might be) but unfunded benefits payments such as we have are in no ones interest. Payments in must meet the payments out. 

Seems to me that going forward the scheme should be scrapped to be replaced by a basic welfare state support payment. The requirements and contributions around pension payments from employment could be increased.  The state burden of pension provision would be moved to the private sector. In this way payments would directly reflect contributions, the politics of pension payment would be removed. 

3 hours ago, scutt said:

If you look at my post I am commenting on the state pension .

to be as brutal as you its of no business of your's how I fund my retirement . 

One other thing the pensioners pound supports a hell of a lot of local businesses  who in turn pay taxes. 

You may well be, but a lot of the other posters were missing the point!

You lot didn’t “pay in”, your taxes paid for the (state) pensions of people who were retired whilst you were working.

Now you’re drawing a pension, the current generation of tax payers is meeting that cost. There is no state ‘pension fund’. 

Don’t be fooled by the fact that years of contributions determines entitlement amount.

Message ends.