Should there be a law...

ditchman

to prevent politicians lieing.............................

Stamer has just said he will make available 3/4 million dental appointments when he comes to power.........

a while ago i offered 10-15 dental practices £1500 pound cash to put me on their list ..so i could have teeth to eat with..........they all turned me down saying they were full......i was even turned down to go private....but to re-apply in 18mths time.....but they (the private ones) said they would be able to give me an "assesment" prior to applying.....it was 10 mins in duration and would cost me £168 quid..............

STARMER is full of **** and dosnt know what he is talking about and effectivly lies ...just to get into power.......

if politicians make these promises...and then blantently break those promises then that is fraud....and they should be held to acc'

24 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Is that why you eat so much gravy? you have nae teeef. 

you will ave no teef when i give you a bunch of 5's ...you gravy hating haggis fiddler:big_boss:

you just couldnt resist posting that you wretched man

ditchman, 100% agree with your OP, the NHS is broken,  Dentists virtually all gone 100% private, charging silly fees for treatment yet they most likely started the practices using NHS funding. This has not suddenly happened and has taken several years the government should have seen what was happing and put a stop to it.

GP’s and Dentists are destroying the NHS.

36 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

Dentistry is indeed in a dire state. But why (in the OP) do you blame the leader of the opposition ?

Starmer is just one example ....i can make several other examples.......sturgeon...cammeron...sunak....heath....johnson....may...

get the idea ?

I joined the RAF as a Trenchard Brat (google) which meant I was an expensive drain on the ration strength for 3 years and as a consequence had to sign on until the age of 30. If one wanted out beforehand one would have to pay.

Why not give potential dentists an option? Pay in full for their training as they go - plus a small profit to the NHS as on completion of their training they will have the opportunity to make a large profit in the private sector. Alternatively, pay nothing for their training but be required to work solely for the NHS for x number of years.

Sorted.

1 hour ago, rbrowning2 said:

ditchman, 100% agree with your OP, the NHS is broken,  Dentists virtually all gone 100% private, charging silly fees for treatment yet they most likely started the practices using NHS funding. This has not suddenly happened and has taken several years the government should have seen what was happing and put a stop to it.

Same plan of action by uk.gov to further introduce and spread  private practice for the use of the proles. Let the incumbent practitioners and medics of the NHS run the service down aided and abetted by the overseers who run the health boards.

Note : the members of the dental profession have always had an eye open for the main chance - I recall from college days half a century ago that the main topic of idle ,but earnest, conversation amongst dentistry students was the amount of money being made by family members and friends who had already qualified and then in practice.

Ditchman. "They are all the same" is a position but not really an argument for anything other than disassociating completely from politics.

To return to dentistry (the starting point), Labour have put forward plans for improving NHS provision and no doubt these will be developed at their conference. Whether these ideas will ever come to fruition or be tested in practice of course remains to be seen. My family and I live in West Norfolk and are all too aware of its status as a "dentistry desert".

38 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

Ditchman. "They are all the same" is a position but not really an argument for anything other than disassociating completely from politics.

To return to dentistry (the starting point), Labour have put forward plans for improving NHS provision and no doubt these will be developed at their conference. Whether these ideas will ever come to fruition or be tested in practice of course remains to be seen. My family and I live in West Norfolk and are all too aware of its status as a "dentistry desert".

you are quite right i am totally dissasociated from politics and voting...........manifestos are just lieing papers..............i will only vote again when i see a party that will try and keep its pledges............

and if you think starmer or sunak are going to make a difference to the dental desert ....you are deluded.............over my working life westminster have taken my money for health.......and now i need it...they cant be bothered to deliver............THAT IS THEFT in my book

If by law all politicians were made responsible for their actions it would soon prove impossible to  find one?

Part of the attraction of being one apart from the gold plated perks is the power trip and virtually unassailable position? 

Just returned from the Isle of Man where we were told there is no political attachment to the post held, they are voted in on an agenda and soon out if they don't deliver?

It's also possible to catch one exiting the buildings to voice dissatisfaction where necessary? They don't appear to cower away like ours?

wymberley, far too much common sense there?

31 minutes ago, old man said:

If by law all politicians were made responsible for their actions it would soon prove impossible to  find one?

Part of the attraction of being one apart from the gold plated perks is the power trip and virtually unassailable position? 

Just returned from the Isle of Man where we were told there is no political attachment to the post held, they are voted in on an agenda and soon out if they don't deliver?

It's also possible to catch one exiting the buildings to voice dissatisfaction where necessary? They don't appear to cower away like ours?

wymberley, far too much common sense there?

he is quite right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that senario has been mooted for a very long time......but as usual ..NAFF ALL HAS BEEN DONE:mad:

26 minutes ago, shaun4860 said:

Have you a dental training hospital near you?

Yes they are students but highly supervised.

We have one in Newcastle 

:shaun:

not as far as i know.............i have asked at the QE2 hostpital (kings lynn).....and they have never suggested it...

Surely a man of your talents would be able to make his own 🤔

cant be that hard to do surely 🙄

agree all politicians should be accountable for failing to deliver 

they should also be reminded weekly that they are elected by the people and they are there for the good of the people not to line their pockets 

7 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Surely a man of your talents would be able to make his own 🤔

cant be that hard to do surely 🙄

agree all politicians should be accountable for failing to deliver 

they should also be reminded weekly that they are elected by the people and they are there for the good of the people not to line their pockets 

and would they listen ?............they would turn their back and laugh