Derogatory comments in the sales section

general grievous

8 hours ago, peejay said:

what about these slime balls that pm a potential buyer to tell them not to buy something from you, when they  have shown an interest?

depends what they say. could be being a good samaritan could be sabotaging. really depends on whos selling, whats for sale and whats been said.

47 minutes ago, Scully said:

I assumed that would be the only way. 
There are some sad folk out there. 🙂

100% Always will be

I listed a gun and some helpful soul who had tried to previously sell a similar one posted good luck with that nobody will touch em! 🤡 

I must admit to often commenting on the private gun sales, but only making positive comments if I happen to have any knowledge or experience of the article for sale and wishing the seller good luck in selling it.

I just think that it`s bad form to make any derogatory or unhelpful remarks. These should be kept unsaid.

OB 

On 15/10/2023 at 10:28, button said:

I listed a gun and some helpful soul who had tried to previously sell a similar one posted good luck with that nobody will touch em! 🤡 

Not very helpful at all and totally unnecessary.

Just now, udderlyoffroad said:

Gonna go hard line here: I wish people would refrain from even positive posts. “Cracking gun” or “bargain for someone “ adds nothing to the discussion and invariably irks the seller.

Maybe so but it does keep bringing their advert to the top of the page.:)

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Gonna go hard line here: I wish people would refrain from even positive posts. “Cracking gun” or “bargain for someone “ adds nothing to the discussion and invariably irks the seller.

Totally disagree.

I think that positive remarks can only encourage a potential buyer, gives the seller a feel good factor and just do not understand how it `irks the seller`.