Drakeford resigns

welsh1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Poor Shot said:

His wife is dead and his son is a convicted sex offender so yes the statements are true. 

Mark Drakeford has caused untold misery to the people of Wales both directly and indirectly through the policies of him and his party. Untold amount of people passed away unnecessarily due to his inaction and **** poor performance during his tenure as health minister and as recently as 2023 he and his party orchestrated plans to shut down a large percentage of the rural economy in Wales through the gamebird licensing proposals. 

As someone who lives and works in Wales and is Welsh I feel that Drakeford deserves a good thrashing. He's held nothing but contempt for his subjects and I'm glad to see the back of him. He and the Welsh labor party are no more than parasites.  

Well said poor shot

Good riddance from me as well.  Having heard him speak (radio and tv) he appears to be completely disconnected from reality and live in an enclosed bubble world of his own. 

Completely incompetent, totally oblivious to the chaos, delays and difficulties he has caused the people of Wales and (apparently) unaware of there being a real world outside his little bubble of lefty utopia, and how disastrous he has been.

Apparently, like Corbyn, when the pressures of office build up, he retreats to a little self centred world by working on his allotment.  Utterly unfit for office and has done massive damage to Wales.

15 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Good riddance from me as well.  Having heard him speak (radio and tv) he appears to be completely disconnected from reality and live in an enclosed bubble world of his own. 

Completely incompetent, totally oblivious to the chaos, delays and difficulties he has caused the people of Wales and (apparently) unaware of there being a real world outside his little bubble of lefty utopia, and how disastrous he has been.

Apparently, like Corbyn, when the pressures of office build up, he retreats to a little self centred world by working on his allotment.  Utterly unfit for office and has done massive damage to Wales.

👍

2 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

He always said he wouldn't run for another term as for his wife dying that does deserve compassion as for his sons sins he is not responsible his son is a grown man 

myself personally am glad he is going and hope the NRW follow soon 

I have no issues with facts (as has been posted earlier) but do want to throw in that the son in prison is adopted....I also believe that the sins of the son or father do not flow either way.

I am also glad he has gone but I am concerned about what will replace him.....

On 13/12/2023 at 16:07, Wylye said:

I find your comments insensitive and lacking compassion for a fellow human being. It’s deeply offensive to criticise anyone in this manner.

I’m out of here

You won’t last long on many internet forums if you’re that easily upset or offended. 

The comments weren’t even bad and only slightly tongue in cheek. 

Was he not elected into office then? 

Lots of people like to criticise many forms of Government. Westminster, SNP, the Welsh jokers … yet why are we not fielding better candidates and them being elected? 

It seems like these lot are the best we can do. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Lots of people like to criticise many forms of Government. Westminster, SNP, the Welsh jokers … yet why are we not fielding better candidates and them being elected? 

It seems like these lot are the best we can do. 

Would you really want the job?

Best years of your life spent boot licking and climbing that greasy political pole. Selling your beliefs and values for a shot at the first minister role. The eyes of the nation on you at all times and decisions you make crucial to the countries position on the world stage. Your name forever carved into history for the right and wrong reasons. Hair grayed and eyes disheveled from the ceaseless lurking of the media and the ever circling pack of wolves that are your fellow AMs.

All that for a wage comparable to a middle to upper management role in any of the UKs larger businesses? Or that of a chartered surveyor or accountancy practitioner?

There are easier ways to make a living which is why only the dregs and the scum end up in front line politics.

Edited by Poor Shot

6 minutes ago, Poor Shot said:

Would you really want the job?

Best years of your life spent boot licking and climbing that greasy political pole. Selling your beliefs and values for a shot at the first minister role. The eyes of the nation on you at all times and decisions you make crucial to the countries position on the world stage. Your name forever carved into history for the right and wrong reasons. Hair grayed and eyes disheveled from the ceaseless lurking of the media and the ever circling pack of wolves that are your fellow AMs.

All that for a wage comparable to a middle to upper management role in any of the UKs larger businesses? Or that of a chartered surveyor or accountancy practitioner?

There are easier ways to make a living which is why only the dregs and the scum end up in front line politics.

You’ve summed that up beautifully. 

Add to that everyone hating you, thinking you’re paid too much, do nothing, are to blame for everything, all whilst as you say not even earning that much. 

53 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Add to that everyone hating you, thinking you’re paid too much, do nothing, are to blame for everything, all whilst as you say not even earning that much. 

Ah but once you’ve served X numbers of years you get a very nice pension.

:shaun:

5 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Ah but once you’ve served X numbers of years you get a very nice pension.

:shaun:

And (for those who want it) a very very lucrative consulting and 'speaking' career.  Blair, Cameron, May, Johnson all do VERY well.  Plenty of 'political seniors' end up on business boards, and some even get broadcasting careers (e.g. Portillo)

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

And (for those who want it) a very very lucrative consulting and 'speaking' career.  Blair, Cameron, May, Johnson all do VERY well.  Plenty of 'political seniors' end up on business boards, and some even get broadcasting careers (e.g. Portillo)

Maybe BoJo, Sunak etc but not some self important boyo from the Senedd. 

He'll be lucky to head up his local allotment association now he's out of office. 

To the world outside Wales they are nobodies. They don't have the facilities while in office to award favourable national contracts or suitably change legislation to suit their supporters. Self important little busy bodies treating Wales like their own version of the Sim City video game.

1 minute ago, Poor Shot said:

Maybe BoJo, Sunak etc but not some self important boyo from the Senedd. 

He'll be lucky to head up his local allotment association now he's out of office. 

To the world outside Wales they are nobodies. They don't have the facilities while in office to award favourable national contracts or suitably change legislation to suit their supporters. Self important little busy bodies treating Wales like their own version of the Sim City video game.

I have seen information (but don't know if it is correct) that DuckWater has amassed a personal wealth in excess of £5 million 

Your comment - award favorable national contracts - he has been very successful in throwing money at consultants - a lot of money.....

42 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

exactly  how much did he spend on the relief road for the M4 did hear around 10 million then turned it down  

£135.7 Million was the cost of enviromental studies ,ground surveys and transport models ,and then he decided not to go ahead, nothing was built.

57 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

That is seriously pathetic. Some of these numpties spend money like it is going out of fashion, whilst ignoring more worthy areas - NHS etc.

Its because its not their money.
All these labour run councils that are now insolvent, Nottingham city council just declared itself insolvent to the tune of £1 billion , did the leader step down ? No
Did they apologise ? No
Are local services going to suffer ? Yes.
Did they blame the tories in Westminster ? You betcha.

On 14/12/2023 at 23:30, Lloyd90 said:

I don't think they are paid too much, just I cannot accept the £250k expenses they claim