Tattoo's??

Nublue 22

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

A friend of ours restores faded and blurry tattoos. She is also busy removing tattoos. 
My daughter has quite a few, but she is a budding tattooist. 

If she has any of your talent with ink, she will be the next Banksy..😉

Not for me. That said I briefly toyed with the idea when my consultant said I had gone into remission but being immune suppressed his advice was not to. My daughter [21] has a few. One depicting one of our heavy horses we lost suddenly back in 2020, another of the litter of ESS puppies we had that year and I believe a few others. At 21 she is capable of deciding for herself, I can only give her my opinion.

I’ve got maybe twenty. I had one done last Saturday, another booked for the 2nd March. Some are memorial for those I’ve lost, some naval inspired, other pagan. I’m a like a weird patchwork of different things. Half the time I don’t notice them, especially the ones on my back.

I like them. They make me smile.

I had one done when I was younger by my mate in he's living room. 

Do I regret it no, would I have another NO.

Mine is not on show unless I take my shirt off and its quite strange I don't notice its there most days. Its become so normal to me my brain does not even register it most days so kind of pointless.

It will probably look terrible as I get older but so will the rest of my body so I it does not matter. 

I have both lower legs covered, 1 arm fully covered and a portrait on my back.  Each one represents a cherished family member, passed and present, with no regrets.

I do wish there was a law that banned anything below the cuff or above the collar, especially on women.

Two of my  daughters have one each.  The Mrs and I didn't object. One had a sort of DNA helix on her rump/hip area and the other had hers in the form of a sort of rambling rose with blooms down her ankle and top of her foot.  Both are tasteful and not to generally visable.  All I advised them was.. if you get one PLEASE get it where you can cover it over with clothing, and before you have it try and think what it means to you and have it where you can see it... no point having it on your back where you can't see it or it being just a splodge of random colour.  This was after the daughter of a friend getting plastered from head to toe in a mass of meaningless splodges.  The worst one was like a shield which was supposed to be the devil...?  Why.  It was completely just a mess of colour like a  potato had been cut in half and used to smear the ink all over the bicep. Another one was the girlfriend of the brother in law who had Roman type sword tattooed down the outside of her left thigh.  This was exposed when she sat down when she wore a shortish skirt.  She was Not very attractive and having random ugly tattoos didn't improve her.

Edited by Minky

Tattoos were something i always wanted throughout my life but never did because if you dont like it/them afterwards-your stuck. 

But in 2019 i suffered multiple strokes which very nearly ended my life at 49 years old and i thought what the hell. Got a quite number of them on arms,hands and a small one on head.

Life's too short. Do whats right for you then and there.

11 hours ago, Scully said:

Seriously? 

As mad as it may seem from someone with many tattoo’s, yes.  

Ink on hands, necks and faces is something I’m against, I think were appropriate that ink should be able to be covered it must be a bias from somewhere in my upbringing ( god knows how it came about ).

1 hour ago, Red696 said:

Ink on hands, necks and faces is something I’m against, I think were appropriate that ink should be able to be covered it must be a bias from somewhere in my upbringing ( god knows how it came about ).

So you want it to be illegal? I find that astonishingly intolerant!
You don’t appeove  so you think it should be illegal! 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Scully said:

So you want it to be illegal? I find that astonishingly intolerant!
You don’t appeove  so you think it should be illegal! 🤷‍♂️

illogical I know, can’t explain why because I don’t know why.

6 hours ago, Red696 said:

To be honest I'm not a fan but not bothered beyond that.