Really?

Scully

The husband of a friend has just come back from Turkey, where he has had a lot of dental work done, and I mean a lot! 
Anyhow, he was quoted 18k ( which I find hard to believe ) in the UK. The same work done in Turkey cost him just over 5k. 
Another mate went to Turkey for a hair transplant. I don’t know how much he paid, but I do know a relative paid 6k for the same work over five years ago. 
Why is it so much cheaper abroad, or, to be more precise, why so expensive over here? 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t find that hard to believe scully I had 4 teeth taken out over a period of a couple of years went to the dentist yesterday and they said you really need implants how much I said oh only £1450 each you can pay over 5 years needless to say I am happy with them out    Dentists charge a fortune because they can total rip off no one can get nhs dentists anymore 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

The husband of a friend has just come back from Turkey, where he has had a lot of dental work done, and I mean a lot! 
Anyhow, he was quoted 18k ( which I find hard to believe ) in the UK. The same work done in Turkey cost him just over 5k. 
Another mate went to Turkey for a hair transplant. I don’t know how much he paid, but I do know a relative paid 6k for the same work over five years ago. 
Why is it so much cheaper abroad, or, to be more precise, why so expensive over here? 

Wait till all his hair falls out and his heed goes scabby, then you will know why its cheaper abroad.

Been a couple of tv programmes with folk going to Turkey for surgery and getting problems , Last one i watched woman had a gastric band fitted and had problems and her doctors surgery refused the follow up care as it was done abroad 

I spoke to a dentist at a shoot last season and she had people coming to her post Turkey and they didn't like her bill to sort things out.

She did say she was getting a lot of work from that area and that people who went over to save money got no guarantee but would expect her to guarantee her work. Hence the massive price.

10 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

And it will happen to you if you keep slaggering your fish and chips with that kiddies muck of a sauce.

what is it about you that seems moisture perverse..?......you need moisture to act as a lubricant

On 16/01/2024 at 22:06, team tractor said:

I know 2 people that have had their teeth done and 2 with hair transplants. All done great . 
my mrs had hysterectomy surgery here and ended up with infections . I think it’s just luck . 

We holiday in Turkey every year beautiful country.I know of several people who have had their teeth done over there no problems and very cheap she said the hospital were she had all the work done was like a 5star hotel .Then a friend of the wife had a tummy tuck and she almost died due to infection and her stomach rotted and now looks horrible so like you say it's just luck .

i had my implants done here it took best part of six mths it cost me 10k  i know someone who had theirs done in Turkey and they done the procedure in a few days and that's where the problems can start.    My dentist took one tooth out he then cuts the gum the full lenth of your mouth  to test the bone structure to see if its ok for the posts to be put in>   That had a healing time of four mths  then the fitting then the making of the plate itself 

13 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

i had my implants done here it took best part of six mths it cost me 10k  i know someone who had theirs done in Turkey and they done the procedure in a few days and that's where the problems can start.    My dentist took one tooth out he then cuts the gum the full lenth of your mouth  to test the bone structure to see if its ok for the posts to be put in>   That had a healing time of four mths  then the fitting then the making of the plate itself 

Not on your Nelly!
Not in my mouth anyway. 
And £10k is a lot of shooting.

I need a couple of tooth implants. Quote in UK was £2600 each. In Turkey / or Europe it was around £1200 each but I need to go at least twice. I have now agreed a price at a training centre in UK for £1600 each. Fingers crossed for end on the month when the drilling starts 😒

Edited by oowee

hello, i have only been to the dentist abroad once and it cost about £10 for an X Ray, but it was to late for any more work as i was flying back to uk a few days later, i should have gone back a few months later but life took a different turn, now an implant there is about 800 USD, 

3 hours ago, London Best said:

Not on your Nelly!
Not in my mouth anyway. 
And £10k is a lot of shooting.

It would probably cost you a lot more with yours 🤣🤣

10k is ok and got a lot more for shooting 🥱

Edited by Rim Fire

6 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

Sorry if this is too personal for you Ditchie but.... How are you doing with getting your teeth - or lack of- dealt with?  Any good news?

Cheers mate.  Pushkin:good:

Apparently hes waiting on auld dobbin who grazes in the field next to him, to get the shout from the glue factory.