Just cartridges

£15 is not unreasonable if you factor in the cost in fuel and time it'd take yourself to collect them? If I want RC Cartridges Professional Game it's a thirty-eight mile round trip taking about forty-five minutes each way. I'd trade £15 for the pleasure of being able instead to avoid the A46 at Hobby Horse Roundabout and stay at home and mow the lawn. Or maybe not!

Edited by enfieldspares

14 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

£15 is not unreasonable if you factor in the cost in fuel and time it'd take yourself to collect them? If I want RC Cartridges Professional Game it's a thirty-eight mile round trip taking about forty-five minutes each way. I'd trade £15 for the pleasure of being able instead to avoid the A46 at Hobby Horse Roundabout and stay at home and mow the lawn. Or maybe not!

Yes of course if that was the only place to get cartridges from,however most of us can collect near home from a dealer paying less.

3 hours ago, TOPGUN749 said:

Their minimum delivery charge is £15, not worth it,adds almost 20% to a slab,same £15 up to 1,000 delivered.

Thank you 

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, JC had a recent free delivery if you purchased 1000, look out for future deals

👍🏻

3 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

I want some 20b heavier loads - 32/3 for fox drives and no shop apart from 72 miles away has any. I’ll order 250 tomorrow from JC and happily pay £15 for that to save like you said on diesel (16 mpg vehicle) and 3.5 hours round trip I won’t get back of my life

11 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Thank you 

👍🏻

I want some 20b heavier loads - 32/3 for fox drives and no shop apart from 72 miles away has any. I’ll order 250 tomorrow from JC and happily pay £15 for that to save like you said on diesel (16 mpg vehicle) and 3.5 hours round trip I won’t get back of my life

Maybe out of stock as several types are,but around £150 a slab when available so only adds 10% for delivery.

On 06/02/2024 at 20:55, Fargo said:

Thank you 

👍🏻

This is the same as a thread that I  initiated on here recently. I enquired about load data for 20G heavies for standing forward on Fox drives.  Apart from the cost, there is the availability.  I  haven't found any shops that actually have any available.  They might be listed but since the wildfowl lead ban no one buys them. Hence the load data enquiry.   For the small amount that I am likely to use,  I'll set up the MEC to manufacturer a few.

Edited by Minky

I must say, with the amount of cartridges they must buy I’m always a bit surprised at how expensive they are and why anyone would bother unless they lived a really long way from an rfd (who are always cheaper from my experience). 
The last time I went up to just cartridges was when they had a bin ends offer on that was a ridiculously good price, but this was a good number of years ago…..they never do them any more and just seem to charge top money for everything! 

51 minutes ago, Wilts#Dave said:

I must say, with the amount of cartridges they must buy I’m always a bit surprised at how expensive they are and why anyone would bother unless they lived a really long way from an rfd (who are always cheaper from my experience). 
The last time I went up to just cartridges was when they had a bin ends offer on that was a ridiculously good price, but this was a good number of years ago…..they never do them any more and just seem to charge top money for everything! 

Hello, yes shame they stopped the Bin End sales, i purchased a lot when they moved to the new warehouse, Remember the Kent MMXVI cartridges, ?? 

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, yes shame they stopped the Bin End sales, i purchased a lot when they moved to the new warehouse, Remember the Kent MMXVI cartridges, ?? 

7 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

I remember them ,used a good few thousand of them.  White cartridge in a green box. They were a great cartridges,  very little recoil.  MMXVI stood for "2016". That's when they came out. I could buy them for €160. Or £140 in your money.  Cartridges are literally twice the price now. 

On 06/02/2024 at 17:53, enfieldspares said:

This is the key. Consider your fuel, but also your time. I am able to get a cartridge delivery to my front door, on a day that I’m in work, without having to take any leave, or take time away from my days off, for the amount it would likely cost me (or not far from it) to drive to the nearest big RFD… and then find out they don’t have what I want in stock. 

I normally always buy at least 1000 (4 slabs) as it’s still £15 so the delivery charge is minimal. 

I have heard they aren’t the absolute cheapest for their carts, however my local RFD price matches them so it’s the same cost to me locally anyways. 

40 minutes ago, Krico woodcock said:

I remember them ,used a good few thousand of them.  White cartridge in a green box. They were a great cartridges,  very little recoil.  MMXVI stood for "2016". That's when they came out. I could buy them for €160. Or £140 in your money.  Cartridges are literally twice the price now. 

Hello, 2016 , that must be around the time i bought some in JC Bin ends , i still have some left, i think it was before JC moved Warehouse

Folk need 'just cartridges' otherwise who else would they compare their prices too in the sales pages? 🙂 

In the current climate with supply issues I wouldn't just drive to an RFD hoping they had what I wanted, a simple phone call would suffice.  

I’ve used them in the past as you could mix the slabs to make your 1000 up. Could get a slab of game carts and rest clay or steel wildfowling carts so made sense as they usually have more choice than any local dealers. 

Edited by figgy

JC are no longer the bargain basement they used to be. Oxford Gun Co are often cheaper, as are some local shoots. However, they do have a lot of hard to find loads and if you are bulk buying and a long way from a RFD who stocks what you want, they may be the solution. 

they did put on a good open day last summer. 

2 hours ago, Tallguy said:

JC are no longer the bargain basement they used to be. Oxford Gun Co are often cheaper, as are some local shoots. However, they do have a lot of hard to find loads and if you are bulk buying and a long way from a RFD who stocks what you want, they may be the solution. 

they did put on a good open day last summer. 

Just don’t take any notice of the idiot doing the videos!