Rochdale cowboy

ditchman

he looks like the cat the got the cream......which reminds me of the time he crawled on all 4's meeeowing  pretending to lick cream out of Rula Lenskas cupped hands.............

this topic is proberly going to have a short run..............but what i will say is sucessive weak govts' have allowed this and there are alot of other politicle areas like Rochdale...

and this is the shape of things to come.........

careful how you reply to this post ....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was never going to go Tory, so no surprises there.  It was going to go either 'somewhere left of centre' (Workers Party - Galloway or Labour's disowned candidate - Ali), or to the Independent (David Tully) as he was local. 

Workers Party (Galloway) won with double the votes of the next candidate (Independent, Tully).  Of the 'also rans', Tories were 3rd, Labour's disowned man 4th, Lib Dems 5th and Reform 6th.  These were followed by a crop of other Independents.

My conclusion:   A typical By Election - 'protest candidate' wins and an Independent does well as a 'reminder' to the main parties voters are unhappy.

Surprises?  - I suppose the 'disowned' Labour candidate will be disappointed not to have done better.  Reform will probably be disappointed to only come 6th after LibDems.

There - I carefully kept it 'safe'!

Edited by JohnfromUK

16 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, he said was going to put forward many more in his party for the general election, and another candidate said a lot of his staff were plagued with threats, not a man we want in Government

Let him waste their money, he will be gone come the next election.

He should be in the Tower for his treason!

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

he looks like the cat the got the cream......which reminds me of the time he crawled on all 4's meeeowing  pretending to lick cream out of Rula Lenskas cupped hands.............

this topic is proberly going to have a short run..............but what i will say is sucessive weak govts' have allowed this and there are alot of other politicle areas like Rochdale...

and this is the shape of things to come.........

careful how you reply to this post ....

An obvious result given Rochdale's cultural enrichment and the Cowboy's spouting.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

i just get the feeling from his past...that he will ride any ticket that will get him into parliament...

Exactly that, Ditchy. He's just a gob s..... attention seeker, always has been.

51 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

The 39.7% turnout is very relevant to the result.
People are losing interest in voting for any party.

I suspect only a certain demographic turned up.

56 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Exactly that, Ditchy. He's just a gob s..... attention seeker, always has been.

I suspect only a certain demographic turned up.

HHhhahhahhahhahahhahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaa............you skirted around that nicely:lol:

PIGEONWATCH the home of the diplomat...

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

How does this work with postal votes?

Postal votes were up massively in Rochdale.

Exactly think it was about 25% of the vote , if people are not to intesteded in voting , the last thing they are going to do is apply for a photo ID . 

So what is the true and honest reason for it , if people can get around it and ask for a postal vote , were this can lead to rigged voting  

33 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Recent years have seen Rochdale's reputation fall into the gutter - Cyril Smith, current by-election, grooming gangs. Just how low will it sink before something is done?

oh jeesus.............SIR cyril smith if you please knight of the realm...........and "they" all knew about his goings on ..did maggie approve his knighthood to shut him up...

parliament is nothing but a festering sewer

5 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Exactly think it was about 25% of the vote , if people are not to intesteded in voting , the last thing they are going to do is apply for a photo ID . 

So what is the true and honest reason for it , if people can get around it and ask for a postal vote , were this can lead to rigged voting  

It regularly does in Peterborough.....................

4 hours ago, clangerman said:

funny how nobody is chanting vote for change today maybe they don’t know the folks of Rochdale have just voted their self from frying pan into the fire! 

I really feel that Gorgeous George will be out of power rather quickly.