5,520 miles. Went for a drive with the wife.

NoBodyImportant

I have seen most wonderful things, but I am ready to go home now.  Almost two weeks ago we left out with zero plans other then to be under the path of the eclipse when it happened and that when one of us said we were homesick we would turn East towards home.  We saw prairie that stretched to the horizon and mountains that stretched to the sky.  16 states and  well over 5000 miles on the trip odometer.   Some days our plans were no more the to go north until sunset then turn west in the morning.  Following the compass more than a map we slept in fancy hotels and in the bed of our truck.  We ate at exquisite restaurants and had sandwiches in the desert.  We wanted to see the eclipse which was happening in middle America.  I have flown to most of the big cities in America but I never explored the vast interior, or fly over country as most call it.  We headed west across the great  Appalachia mountains in North Carolina.  Down the Tennessee valley  to rolling Ozark hills.  Saw the eclipse and toured area.  In Arkansas IMG_7034.jpeg.1319a358ae4fa3fb8abd47103e8890dc.jpegIMG_7050.jpeg.3e4d4cdae5f1ac6c9d3cd750e9bc7b8f.jpeg

traveling farther we hit the farms of Missouri 

IMG_7055.jpeg.869e7701ef987b7e10c20894d46d61c9.jpeg

Headed west the hills gave way to the flat prairie in Oklahoma IMG_7087.jpeg.3120c44b3bde5f37597cd28e2b5f1674.jpeg

IMG_7095.jpeg.9c252c9f1d36268f3779a42e4459f47a.jpeg

Still heading west we rolled through Kansas 

IMG_7115.jpeg.64ee353a0551acc47c8a6073fde542ee.jpeg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, can only say WOW !!!!! thanks for sharing 👍, we had an eclipse here in UK a few years back and I and hundreds of people went to White Horse Hill on the Ridgeway,  just before the eclipse started it went over to cloudy and saw nothing😂

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Thank you for posting, Sir.
Sounds just exactly like one of my American holidays. Been in over 20 states. Seen pretty well everything in these pictures. Back again this Summer.

If it is amazing to a life long resident of the USA such as our friend Nobodyimportant, just think how wonderful it is to us parochial British. 
Go and do it lads. You will not regret it. 

A road trip that now I could only dream about , we thought our county was flat but on some of the photos the sheer distance  were just amazing .

I have been to Arizona when me and my wife toured the West coast of America and looking back although it was tiring at times with the distance we travelled it was still the best holiday by miles we have ever had , fantastic country .

Brilliant set of photos by the way and a very enjoyable post . THANKS for sharing :good:

You wont forget that trip, fantastic scenery, thanks for posting. :good:

The picture with the caption “Stopped by a gas station in Louisiana to fuel up and found a mint Ruger number 3 in .223”….only in America as they say. :)