1st swallow

billytheghillie

Stafford last Friday one Swallow, it all ways puts a little warmth in my heart and a tear in my eyes, there's so much dissappearing I hope in the short time I have left they don't fail to turn up. 

Edited by Nublue 22

The wait continue , no doubt they are already here but I have been in the wrong place at the wrong time  , every month seem to create some sort of weather record but this April have been so cold and wet , even this morning it was cold and raining hard when I went out around 7am and my heating is on , I have just put my damp trousers on one of the rads to dry out , according to the met office it should improve next week , hopefully .      MM

Seen the first swallow 7th April,, well seen 3, next day there were dozens of them along with sand martins,, house martins are also here and at early evening there literally dozens feeding over the field and are a mix of sand / house and swallows.

heard the first cuckoos  yesterday,  three calling to each other from separate woods across a valley,, also the terns are showing along the shore…. So it’s official summer is here in west Cumbria 

Today was the first decent morning weather wise we have had for ages , I was yarning to a bird watcher along the river wall this morning and just as I said to him I expect to see my first Swallow any day now it have started to warm up , it was if by magic one came past and circled us a couple of times before it carried on to where it was making for , I know one don't make a Summer but it is also nice seeing your first one .   MM

I saw our first Swallow at the farm in South Hertfordshire on 8 April, a tad earlier than normal.

I also saw the first Swift of the season zipping over the NT Ashridge Estate near Berkhamsted, Herts on Saturday morning.

Cat.😎

First Swallow 18th April, about a week later than last year (I remember as its my Daughters birthday). Heard my first Cuckoo heard in the woods on Saturday 27th April, mind I have not been there for a week or two so may of arrived a bit earlier.