Farage

Penelope

6 hours ago, oowee said:

The Tories just ran out of ideas when the reality of the situation unfolded. They were unable to reconcile providing a safe route to refugees with their rhetoric of anti immigrant. Exactly the same with Brexit and trade deal with India. Each desirable requires a reality pill that the tories and it's voter base can't swallow.

Trying to pander to the right wing minorities is never going to win the centre ground. Fighting for power on the marginal topics has limited opportunity for success. Even if it could be delivered it would be at the expense of the UK being branded a pariah state. 

I was trying to write as you posted 😁 the current system is past its sell by. It won't be changed by Starmer or the Tories as it keeps them in power. No one wants to risk a third party. Never say never I guess. 

there already is a third party led by the "post office" liar who these days likes riding bikes and water sports.

so basically there are two left wing parties and a "should be" right wing party that hasn't got a clue where it actually belongs or which direction it needs to turn.

so basically Farage and Co. are filling the right wing gap that consecutive Tory leaders have left wide open.

Edited by Zoli 12 guage

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Mice! said:

He's tried before though, and got nothing,  all it'll do is take votes from the Cons helping Labour, careful what you wish for.

Labour are a shoe in anyway.

25 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Really, what makes you think that?

He's on Oowee's pay roll 😁

This is an election that will be won by all the lazy stay at home voters and I  hope reform will be targeting these useless specimens that shout a lot and do nothing. That I  believe is over 60% of the public lets hope that someone in reform has picked up on this as that is an awful lot of apathetic folks just waiting to be pointed in the right direction.

From Auntie.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Really, what makes you think that?

Because he has no staying power. He cannot do the detail. A one trick pony that performs well on camera a bit like BJ. 

I think this is going to be an interesting general Election  , think Reform will steal votes from both the Conservatives and Labour  .

Think we will see even more Muslim  mps and rightly  so , they should be represented  .

Labour will loose votes in those areas 

For a new party ithink Reform will do well . People are getting sick of these. Protests on our city streets every weekend .

The Tommy Robinson rally had an amazing  turn out at the weekend. , a peacefully  rally with very little trouble.  

The main media tried to run it down . Put plenty  of youtube channels  show the life parade and just normal folks of all ages wanting there Briitishness. Back .

20 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

This is an election that will be won by all the lazy stay at home voters and I  hope reform will be targeting these useless specimens that shout a lot and do nothing. That I  believe is over 60% of the public lets hope that someone in reform has picked up on this as that is an awful lot of apathetic folks just waiting to be pointed in the right direction.

From Auntie.

Hello, Maybe these lazy people have just got fed up with Politics, People voted Conservative as they did not want old Labour, now look at the state of the country after years of Conservatism !!!, Buffoon Boris, Liz Truss and Sunak !!!!, Will new Labour sort our Country out ???, Lib Dems !!!! Well enough said, Our whole country needs reform but who will pay for it !!!!!

53 minutes ago, oowee said:

Because he has no staying power. He cannot do the detail. A one trick pony that performs well on camera a bit like BJ. 

I'd say quite the opposite. Farage has potentially been the most influential politician of our time, despite not being an MP and is one of the few who could claim to have achieved the objectives he set out to do.

I appreciate it's not what everyone wanted, but he relentlessly worked towards the goal of leaving the EU, despite the hate he received, including death threats, msm lies and being publicly branded a racist.

I think most would have given up long before Farage achieved his objectives. I think to say he has no staying power couldn't be further from the truth.

Looking at the sea of foreign flags parading in London and apparently other cities too grates with the proper English voters and highlights how we are very clearly being massively outbred. Whilst I think most of the flag carriers are or descend from legal immigrants we can only blame our successive governments for allowing  the UK to become so colonised. There is barely a white kid at our local schools. I'm not being racist about this - it's plain fact that cannot be missed - and is a fair topic for concern in my opinion.

I was queuing and next up at a single supermarket cashpoint the other day, and a person of colour used four different cards to extract money before I raised my voice about him taking the urine. He then moved aside to let others use the machine before going back to extract more as I walked back to the car. I sometimes take parcels for both my neighbours if they are out and have seen differing last names on some of them. Its so easy for immigrants to claim in different names if they have no documents.

Us white English have not been breeding enough to maintain sufficient youth to support us: We have 3 kids while my parents had 8 and the wife's had 9. Do the maths = 17 kids vs 3. This was at a time when father earned enough to do that while mother brought up the kids. Many families cannot afford to do that now and subsequently have less children. Its difficult to know who to blame about that turn around and I can't find the right words to express myself, maybe I'm more autistic than I realised.

The point I'm trying to make is the likes of Tommy Robinson, Lee Anderson and Nigel Farage are speaking up for our countries heritage but are being drowned out by those who don't have our interests at their heart. I feel the 'far right' is more center right than they get credit for.

I hope I don't get banned for writing the above but if that happens I will at least have said that I feel we have to vote in someone who at least wants to turn the UK around.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

21 years as a MEP, who was quite clear that he was there to disrupt and try to get the UK out of the eu club, and you can credit him with achiving his aim.
Starmer 9 yrs as an MP  the same for sunak.

12 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

21 years as a MEP, who was quite clear that he was there to disrupt and try to get the UK out of the eu club, and you can credit him with achiving his aim.
Starmer 9 yrs as an MP  the same for sunak.

You clearly value his contribution as an MEP. 

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

You clearly value his contribution as an MEP. 

I am clearly pointing out that your statement "Because he has no staying power. He cannot do the detail" was wrong, he has been a politician longer than sunak and starmer combined and achived what he said he wanted to when he was elected time and time again.

17 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

I am clearly pointing out that your statement "Because he has no staying power. He cannot do the detail" was wrong, he has been a politician longer than sunak and starmer combined and achived what he said he wanted to when he was elected time and time again.

I don't doubt he has been an MEP longer but he has done nothing whilst in the role other than collect a pay check. He has not produced anything.

My point being that he is all bluff and bluster ala BJ. Sit him down and go through the detail and he is a vacuous individual. He needs someone to translate thought into delivery.

None of the parties have set out a clear believable plan on controlling migration although they have some ideas. Farage is setting an even higher target of zero, but with even less content as to how it will be achieved. 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

I don't doubt he has been an MEP longer but he has done nothing whilst in the role other than collect a pay check. He has not produced anything.

My point being that he is all bluff and bluster ala BJ. Sit him down and go through the detail and he is a vacuous individual. He needs someone to translate thought into delivery.

None of the parties have set out a clear believable plan on controlling migration although they have some ideas. Farage is setting an even higher target of zero, but with even less content as to how it will be achieved. 

What is it that starmer and sunak have "produced"

Farage stated if he was voted as an MEP he would oppose the eu and all it stands for, and that he wanted the uk to leave the eu, he appears to have done what he said he would do. The tories only gave the referendum because farage got 4 million people to vote for his party and scared westminister.

If we are talking bluster and bluff starmer is where you need to be looking the man has more u turns than a boomerang.

39 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

If we are talking bluster and bluff starmer is where you need to be looking the man has more u turns than a boomerang.

Well put - but then Smarmer has made a hash of all his past posts, and like the senior civil (so called) servants it is everybody else but them that are to blame. 

4 hours ago, johnphilip said:

The Tommy Robinson rally had an amazing  turn out at the weekend. , a peacefully  rally with very little trouble.  

The main media tried to run it down . Put plenty  of youtube channels  show the life parade and just normal folks of all ages wanting there Briitishness. Back .

Indeed, a concerted effort by the MSM to portray it as the Nurembourg rally. Utter tosh!

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

What is it that starmer and sunak have "produced"

Farage stated if he was voted as an MEP he would oppose the eu and all it stands for, and that he wanted the uk to leave the eu, he appears to have done what he said he would do. The tories only gave the referendum because farage got 4 million people to vote for his party and scared westminister.

Scared the Tory factions. 

8 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Indeed, a concerted effort by the MSM to portray it as the Nurembourg rally. Utter tosh!

I watched it live on a few YouTube  channels found it very moving . People  from all age's  all walks of life. 

The police just stood down and watching them as they all passed by . Ex service men and women  , people in wheel chairs , folks with walking sticks. .

15 hours ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

Took the voters for granted after they gifted them a huge majority...

This I agree. I don't see eye to eye regarding the OP's view of Farage but this above I do agree. They had a majority of eighty and it was squandered on what? Pushing through legislation to ban kiddies' peashooters (I joke not BTW) and spaffing millions on Eat Out To Help Out that only further spread covid and was massively and fraudulently abused in some parts. 

Edited by enfieldspares

Farage is just about the only politician who has ever had a proper job and mixed with others in proper jobs. I would estimate that more than half the adult population agree with almost everything he says but didn't vote Ukip and won't vote Reform because they can't win.

18 minutes ago, oowee said:

Scared the Tory factions. 

It's not hard to scare the tories or labour as they now play popular politics to garner votes, they no longer do things for the greater good they concentrate on the polls and how to stay in power,the tories will lose the election as they are jaded and out of ideas, labour will take power as they are the biggest opposition, but they have no fresh ideas and will be shown to be just as bad( maybe worse).

But the telling votes will be how many vote for farage and his party, it will be a barometer of the feelings of the country, labour and conservative parties will look very carefully at the vote for reform

1 hour ago, oowee said:

and you will be voting for whome ?..................your solution is ......................?

19 minutes ago, ditchman said:

and you will be voting for whome ?..................your solution is ......................?

It looks likely that I cannot vote this time. I am on the boat and cannot easily get my postal vote form they are not being posted until after the 17th. 

I will vote for whoever is most likely to kick out Mogg. 

• welsh1 locked this topic