Is Sunak trying to lose the election on purpose?

Lloyd90

Everything he does seems a shambles: 

Left the D day memorials early because he thought it was more important to get back campaigning and have an interview instead of stay at the Omaha beach memorial with other world leaders. 

You have to ask, either someone on his advisor team is trying to lose the election on purpose … perhaps he thinks that’s why he called the election, he’s had enough of the nonsense.

If not, he deserves to lose as his lack of judgement in multiple situations just shows how out of touch he really is. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally and utterly bloody useless..........these are the calibre of the people that are running our country.........

i often wish we still had the old Saxon way of leadership ...where each cheiftan REGARDLESS OF WHICH SEX were chosen to make the desisions to protect us and for the betterment of the people........

the basis of English law stems from well before the Norman conquest and many of the laws were taken on by the Normans....

the whole system has gone to hell in a handcart now

2 hours ago, countryman said:

I really believe it’s not intentional, just no idea.

This.

Word is that he’s quite effective at his job (accountant) but is a terrible politician who just doesn’t understand the world of politicking.

Incidentally I was told a long time ago that accountants are useful people to have on board but never to leave them in charge. 

i was told the information accountants give you is 100% accurate ...and 100% useless...

reminds me of the old story........

a bloke is given a gun with 2 bullets and pushed into a room with Hitler and an accountant,....the door is closed and 2 shots ring out,,...the door is opened and Hitler is still alive untouched....the blokes excuse was....."i shot the accountant twice....to make sure the b****** was dead"

Edited by ditchman

48 minutes ago, Red696 said:

Irrespective of the Left / Right argument this Country needs someone with the strength of character and determination that Maggie showed.  We need a leader!

I'd concur with this 👌

The thing I've noticed, is that over the last few days, Sunak has been very positive and focused with his replies during individual interviews. IMO he's giving off mixed messages with his words and actions.

I will vote this time, having only voted twice in my life,,,, MT and Brexit 😆

Will decide on July 3rd 😇🫣

29 minutes ago, TOPGUN749 said:

We need a true British prime minister, one who has white British ancestry going back hundreds of years ,not one from  a rich foreign family who happens to be born here.

ooooohhhhh dangerous..............what people think but dare not say ..:lol:

What I don't understand is why more people aren't voting Farage in via Reform. The country is in a terrible state, woke policys are interfering in everyone's daily lives, illegal migration has become a virtual invasion and the current crop of political so called leadership in the uni party that is Lab/Con is an absolute joke. Reform almost certainly haven't got all the answers, but to most of the big issues I've listed above, they do!

The sad thing is I doubt less than half the country would have been watching or even know what it is about. A recent snap survey asking under 25s showed at least half didn't know what  D Day was.

1 hour ago, Red696 said:

Irrespective of the Left / Right argument this Country needs someone with the strength of character and determination that Maggie showed.  We need a leader!

This...

1 hour ago, TOPGUN749 said:

We need a true British prime minister, one who has white British ancestry going back hundreds of years ,not one from  a rich foreign family who happens to be born here.

And this.

Great idea, we should have camps just for the perfect white british males and females so they can breed and keep the race pure, oh hang on this sounds a bit famillier...............................

1 hour ago, Red696 said:

Also needs to be someone who has had a proper job for at least 10 years,  not a professional politico who's only work experience is political researcher or union official.

47 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

The sad thing is I doubt less than half the country would have been watching or even know what it is about. A recent snap survey asking under 25s showed at least half didn't know what  D Day was.

Dole Day ?! 🤷‍♂️🫣😄

1 hour ago, Rem260 said:

Yes, and that is incredibly sad and an inditement of the warped education system.

Exactly how 'pure' would this aryan British ancestry have to be ? 😆
There wont be many who can go back hundreds of years and say for definite that they are pure 'British'
British being an amalgamation of various nationalities anyway, or do you just mean not brown ?

Personally, I dont care who runs the country, be they brown, white, purple, male or female, as long as they are the best person for the job, and Im not saying Rishi , Starmer or Farage are , but lets not just rule someone out just because they are rich and/or brown !

Going back to the topic.
My little foray into local council elections last year did show me something, the now completely labour (plus a few indies) Nottingham city council , in a complete shambles, £1 billion in debt and in special measures, had no resistance from the conservatives for which I was asked to stand for, no promotion, told not to bother canvassing ('as there is no point') could have easily turned a better result, and IMHO they didnt want to.
I asked them directly if they didnt WANT to win maybe at least a few seats, 'Of course we do' was the reply, yet they didnt bat an eyelid when they lost their last 2 seats, one a 'safe' one , but they sacked him off and he won as an indy.

My theory is this , when labour make a mess of things, at least the tories can say ' Nothing to do with us' and I believe the tories are repeating this same strategy at the GE.
The tories havent done a good job, through Brexit, covid, and immigration, so they are going to hand the whole sorry mess over to labour, who will likely make a much bigger mess of it.
Come 2029, or before , the country will be crying out for the tories back, with new leadership, new policies and leadership, and the cycle continues.

The tories are taking a sabbatical, and so they should, but god help us for the next 5 years.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Exactly how 'pure' would this aryan British ancestry have to be ? 😆
There wont be many who can go back hundreds of years and say for definite that they are pure 'British'
British being an amalgamation of various nationalities anyway, or do you just mean not brown ?

Personally, I dont care who runs the country, be they brown, white, purple, male or female, as long as they are the best person for the job, and Im not saying Rishi , Starmer or Farage are , but lets not just rule someone out just because they are rich and/or brown !

Going back to the topic.
My little foray into local council elections last year did show me something, the now completely labour (plus a few indies) Nottingham city council , in a complete shambles, £1 billion in debt and in special measures, had no resistance from the conservatives for which I was asked to stand for, no promotion, told not to bother canvassing ('as there is no point') could have easily turned a better result, and IMHO they didnt want to.
I asked them directly if they didnt WANT to win maybe at least a few seats, 'Of course we do' was the reply, yet they didnt bat an eyelid when they lost their last 2 seats, one a 'safe' one , but they sacked him off and he won as an indy.

My theory is this , when labour make a mess of things, at least the tories can say ' Nothing to do with us' and I believe the tories are repeating this same strategy at the GE.
The tories havent done a good job, through Brexit, covid, and immigration, so they are going to hand the whole sorry mess over to labour, who will likely make a much bigger mess of it.
Come 2029, or before , the country will be crying out for the tories back, with new leadership, new policies and leadership, and the cycle continues.

The tories are taking a sabbatical, and so they should, but god help us for the next 5 years.

They could easily have someone standing in their way next time.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

What I don't understand is why more people aren't voting Farage in via Reform. The country is in a terrible state, woke policys are interfering in everyone's daily lives, illegal migration has become a virtual invasion and the current crop of political so called leadership in the uni party that is Lab/Con is an absolute joke. Reform almost certainly haven't got all the answers, but to most of the big issues I've listed above, they do!

We haven't had the election yet?

6 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

You have to ask, either someone on his advisor team is trying to lose the election on purpose … perhaps he thinks that’s why he called the election, he’s had enough of the nonsense.

He's got a job lined up in California, and needs to get the kids in school before term starts in September....

15 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Yes, and that is incredibly sad and an inditement of the warped education system.

A what now? 🙂 

I honestly don't believe the 50% of U25s thing either.  A teenager sees somebody approaching them with a metaphorical clip board - Frankly I'd be worried if said teen did't give a sarcastic/don't know answer to get the surveyist to go away ASAP.

25 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Hopefully, enough third party MPs will be elected to frustrate, or at least publicise the worst excesses, of Starmer's cabinet.

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

Great idea, we should have camps just for the perfect white british males and females so they can breed and keep the race pure, oh hang on this sounds a bit famillier...............................

HHHHhhahhahahhahhhahahhhaaaaaaaaa...............steady on old chap........chocks away spiffy