Soldier attacked

welsh1

It appears this was a targeted attack on a Soldier by an individual on a scooter armed with two knives.
This was 200yds from Brompton Barracks the Depot of the Royal Engineers, i have stagged on that gate many a time and know the street he was attacked in very well.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-police-arrest-man-after-soldier-stabbed-near-army-barracks-2024-07-24/

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Hope the soldier will be OK, must have brought back memories  to when times. Were more peacefull , not the case now.

LOL, In my day the IRA were bombing camps and shooting soldiers , we (wife included) used to have to check under the car for car bombs before you got in it. no wearing of uniform outside of camp was the norm.

It's being said on Sapper sites the Soldier injured is a Lieutenant Colonel.

7 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Oh I remember  those days . Hope they never return . Just hope the soldier is ok. Respect to all who serve .

Very sad news, we must all keep an eye out for our protectors, after all they are the ones whom we ultimately rely on, be it police, ambulance workers, army, fire brigade. They all need an extra pair of eyes in these unpleasant times. 

From Auntie.

This is awful I hope the guy is ok.

43 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

LOL, In my day the IRA were bombing camps and shooting soldiers , we (wife included) used to have to check under the car for car bombs before you got in it. no wearing of uniform outside of camp was the norm.

It's being said on Sapper sites the Soldier injured is a Lieutenant Colonel.

I was running around Aldershot SLR in hand the night the IRA bombed the Para barracks. No idea what we were supposed to do if we caught them. 

Hope the soldier is okay and recovers fully. A cowardly attack, which does bring back memories of Lee Rigby. 

It's a sad state of affairs when you can be a target because you are serving your country and protecting the public.

This poor soldier has been let down by our government both past and present. Regardless of whether this was terror or mental health related.

Or indeed, any other 'excuse' they decide to come up with for this heinous act of violence.

We are fast becoming a lawless society, and that is a failure of government, both past and present.

The Police are apparently saying it is NOT terror related and that the attacker may have mental health issues.

Wow, I wonder how they worked that out?

I sincerely hope the Soldier whether commissioned or not is okay.

29 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The Police are apparently saying it is NOT terror related and that the attacker may have mental health issues.

I would think someone who commits terrorist attacks has almost always got mental health issues also. 

1 hour ago, Rob85 said:

Motive unknown but one line of enquiry is that it was possibly mental health related. Hmmm seems a bit targeted to me.

Me too.

Witnesses described hearing screams as the officer was repeatedly stabbed by a masked attacker who fled the scene on a moped.

25 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Me too.

Witnesses described hearing screams as the officer was repeatedly stabbed by a masked attacker who fled the scene on a moped.

To me,That doesn’t sound like someone who has mental health issues.Just and out and out targeted attack.

I hope the soldier is ok there are too many attacks on our defenders and i hope it is not related to any conflict past or present Full respect to our armed forces past and present

13 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Kent Police have apparently released a statement saying the attack was not terror related.

Edit - I take it back, it is now being reported that it is not thought to be terror related.

One of the guys we work with went to school with ‘the terrorist’ Michael Adebowale. I am told he was a normal kid, quite thick / easily lead and who loved his football. 

It’s an interesting feint as to the definition of ‘terrorist’ given we’re not actually dealing with people who went to Syria and who say learnt how to fight, fly a plane, make a bomb or drive a tank, but IQ deficient young men who don’t fit in and who have have had their heads turned by someone shouty and unpleasant standing outside of a mosque somewhere in England.

Query mental health vs terrorism.

In the meantime, here, we all now wait to learn how a 24 year old non-white male has been motivated to carry out a knife attack on an unformed member of the armed forces outside a military base. 

23 minutes ago, B686 said:

Whether the perpetrator was a normal kid or a bit thick and was brainwashed he’s still a real nasty ****** and could do with being shot . 

yep,and we're importing the possibility of loads more in the same mindset on a daily basis.

it's just said on the news the victim is still un named but is a lieutenant colonel 

Edited by Zoli 12 guage

27 minutes ago, henry d said:

Lots of assumptions with so little evidence!

how much evidence do you require?

a serving British officer has been stabbed multiple times in the street.

a "non white" guy has been arrested and charged with attempted murder.

QED👍

25 minutes ago, henry d said:

Lots of assumptions with so little evidence!

What’s been confirmed: 24 year old male, non white and knife attack on solider in uniform outside military base.

All that’s missing is confirmation of motive; although this has been labelled ‘not terror related’ whatever that means [sic. above].

Just now, Zoli 12 guage said:

how much evidence do you require?

a serving British officer has been stabbed multiple times in the street.

a "non white" guy has been arrested and charged with attempted murder.

QED👍

You beat me to it.

1 minute ago, Mungler said:

What’s been confirmed: 24 year old male, non white and knife attack on solider in uniform outside military base.

All that’s missing is confirmation of motive; although this has been labelled ‘not terror related’ whatever that means [sic. above].

You beat me to it.

they do not want to label ANY attacks like this as terror incidents,even if they obviously are BECAUSE of the "anti" feelings that this would whip up.

INSTEAD,they would rather say that the perpetrator/s is/are a nutter/s of some description.

19 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

He was sane enough to know who he was attacking though wasn't he