Terrible news again

Newbie to this

26 minutes ago, Mungler said:

We have the stats here in the UK, it’s just they won’t be released. Indeed, we’ve got the stats for just about everything.

I'm sure we have as the surveillance starts much lower down the food chain here? ANPR and the multitude of other cameras mysteriously appearing everywhere on lamp columns etc? 

Surely from a common sense and practical point of view it's essential to know the exact origin to target the look for solutions?

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, henry d said:

Just some that came to mind, most had some sort of mental ill health issues 

Bad health care is another issue of similar importance 

Whataboutary?

Lean on an oppressed community and they show up as disproportionate, white, black but generally poor in many ways. 

16 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

An awful lot of protests going on around the country, perhaps the strength of feeling might even be noticed by those in charge and possibly they might start to deal with it all.

Liverpool, Leeds, Hull, Nottingham, Stoke on Trent and Manchester.

Hello, Your right TT but not to take it out on our Police force, Looting, Burning shops and cars, 

11 hours ago, henry d said:

Just some that came to mind, most had some sort of mental ill health issues 

Bad health care is another issue of similar importance 

Whataboutary?

Lean on an oppressed community and they show up as disproportionate, white, black but generally poor in many ways. 

Mental health issues, must be similar to all the Tour De France brigade with asthma that need inhalers.

From Auntie 

1 hour ago, Stonepark said:

Luckily for us the Danes keep records on who commits crimes by country of origin and ethanicity, unlike our Gov who have chosen not to record it as they don't wish to admit they have a problem........

20240804_080517.jpg

20240804_080620.jpg

Mungler beat me to it, our lot will have the same figures,  but there's no chance they'll make them public.

Have the Danes managed to do anything though knowing the numbers?

11 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Whether you normally agree with henry d - sometimes I do, but generally not - the above comment is a disgrace.

Before mounting your high horse, just consider what are the purposes of the targets of some of these attacks.

Children - Southport, Manchester arena. 
Airlines - Munich, Turin, shoe bomber.
Transport - London 7/7, Madrid. 
All high density, shock value targets. 

You may not like the language, but the underlying message is the same. 

52 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Your right TT but not to take it out on our Police force, Looting, Burning shops and cars, 

How much more effective this would be if all these protests stayed peaceful.

Tommy Robinson asked people not to cause trouble at the recent rally in London, and there were very few arrests, that's how it should be.

Those rioting are doing no one any favours behaving like this, they don't represent my feelings, but I suspect a lot of the protests that turn violent have been hijacked by the anti police rent a mob.

2 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Those rioting are doing no one any favours behaving like this, they don't represent my feelings, but I suspect a lot of the protests that turn violent have been hijacked by the anti police rent a mob.

As soon as the idiots start throwing things and burning cars they've lost any support from the general public, but the chances are they are only there to cause trouble anyway,  especially when you see them masked up, wearing masks at protestshould be made illegal,  as its only being done to hide your identity meaning your going to cause trouble.

3 minutes ago, Westley said:

Problem sorted then, send all the Police home. At least that will reduce their injury figures.

I can't speak for other places, but there was no trouble in Nottingham , until the counter protest, made up of Palestinian flag waving Asians , masked and dressed in black, began actively challenging and provoking the anti migrant crowd with missiles thrown and chants of Allah u akhbar.

The police, not in riot gear, were very good at keeping them apart till it all died down, and I believe made more arrests on the counter protest side.

All I'm saying is there are agitators on both sides.

30 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

How much more effective this would be if all these protests stayed peaceful.

Tommy Robinson asked people not to cause trouble at the recent rally in London, and there were very few arrests, that's how it should be.

100 % true , watched a lot of it live. The police. Were just stood there , no riot gear worn , just normal everyday folks of different  skin colour getting together to show how loyal they are to this once great country, it is thought there was between  50 and 100 thousand turn out . 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Mungler beat me to it, our lot will have the same figures,  but there's no chance they'll make them public

There is no doubt that in the UK , crime is committed disproportionately by the more 'diverse' members of society.

If the figures even exist, we will never see them. 

30 minutes ago, Mice! said:

As soon as the idiots start throwing things and burning cars they've lost any support from the general public, but the chances are they are only there to cause trouble anyway,  especially when you see them masked up, wearing masks at protestshould be made illegal,  as its only being done to hide your identity meaning your going to cause trouble.

It is illegal but they did not do anything about it on any of the pro Palestine  marches. , 

2 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Interesting video on YouTube re this persons younger life and maybe a possible explanation as to why he carried out this act . Don't know how much of this is true. As we have not been told of this .

I learnt nothing from that video. 

It alludes to a potential motive relating to performing arts which I’m sure many of us have already pondered (silently).

The repeated talk of outgoing to introverted is pure speculation, in the clips shown he’s acting which tells you nothing about his personality.

Having watched some of the video footage from the riots in Liverpool last night, there were no 'demonstrators ' there. Just the usual scumbags, average age of 16 running amok, torching vehicles, looting shops and firing rockets at the Police, along with anything else they could lay their hands on. Of course, if the Police were to react to any of this, they may find themselves suspended and even facing criminal proceedings.  Hence their unwillingness to deal robustly with offenders. Better to pick one or two out of CCTV footage, in the comfort of the local nick.

Edited by Westley

Before mounting your high horse, just consider what are the purposes of the targets of some of these attacks.

You may not like the language, but the underlying message is the same. 

You don't have to mount a high horse to spot a really nasty comment. Nothing to do with language used. It was just pathetic. If you can't see that you are a fool.

46 minutes ago, Westley said:

Having watched some of the video footage from the riots in Liverpool last night, there were no 'demonstrators ' there. Just the usual scumbags, average age of 16 running amok, torching vehicles, looting shops and firing rockets at the Police, along with anything else they could lay their hands on. Of course, if the Police were to react to any of this, they may find themselves suspended and even facing criminal proceedings.  Hence their unwillingness to deal robustly with offenders. Better to pick one or two out of CCTV footage, in the comfort of the local nick.

While I'm utterly apposed to any violent behaviour, I must say I don't believe the police help themselves. I think there's a very obvious difference in the way police manage disorder depending on who causes it. For instance the BLM riots after the George Floyd incident in America. We literally had Police taking a knee whilst violent thugs were aloud to loot, riot and cause criminal damage and here we have the equally badly behaved far right being beaten back, with batons and dogs, with many arrested. 

If there's one thing that causes anger and resentment faster than anything, it's unfairness and treating people differently, especially if punishment is involved. 

In short it's likely to inflame the issue further. 

13 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

there's one thing that causes anger and resentment faster than anything, it's unfairness and treating people differently, especially if punishment is involved. 

Probably depends on numbers involved as well, not much the police can really do if there are tens of thousands taking to the streets.

16 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

While I'm utterly apposed to any violent behaviour, I must say I don't believe the police help themselves. I think there's a very obvious difference in the way police manage disorder depending on who causes it. For instance the BLM riots after the George Floyd incident in America. We literally had Police taking a knee whilst violent thugs were aloud to loot, riot and cause criminal damage and here we have the equally badly behaved far right being beaten back, with batons and dogs, with many arrested. 

If there's one thing that causes anger and resentment faster than anything, it's unfairness and treating people differently, especially if punishment is involved. 

But many gov orgs are militant far left ...

The governments political violence advisor was on Sky news decrying the violence on both sides. Calling out the right wing as thugs and criminals and then those on the left as doing it for noble causes such as Just Stop Oil. I couldn't believe he actually said it out aloud on national TV.

Edited by Rem260

1 hour ago, Westley said:

Having watched some of the video footage from the riots in Liverpool last night, there were no 'demonstrators ' there. Just the usual scumbags, average age of 16 running amok, torching vehicles, looting shops and firing rockets at the Police, along with anything else they could lay their hands on.

They will of course all be labelled "Far right" thugs.

35 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I suspect most coppers know which group are more likely to come at them with a machete or knife and may act accordingly.