Been offered a job in Oz!!!!!!!!!

The original sad lad

Well after a 6 month interview process, and numerous checks i have finally been offered my sponsership and job by bunnings in oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

job starts in november this year, with full relocation package etc etc.

Got a choice of two citys to work in Perth and melbroune.

MY **** is now starting to NIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are telling the kids on sunday (think theres goner be some tears)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a feeling of massive excitement yet feeling very sick at the same time.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let your kids cry, and call you every name under the sun. When they have been there six months, they will understand your choice, and that it was for them, not for you. Well done mate, wish i had the balls to do such a thing. :good::lol:

Congratulations, go for it.

My dad was a policeman and was offered a job with the Oz police during the 1960s. My sister and I were elated we even learned to swim because we were going there by boat, but he changed his mind and we didn't go. Until his dying day it was his biggest regret that he hadn't been brave enough to grasp the opportunity when it was presented to him.

Undoubtedly not everything will be sweetness and light there but if you go with an open mind you'll be able to surmount any obstacles and what a golden opportunity for your kids.

I had a chance to go there to work, and live, in Perth, in the early 1980's. My daughter was only 2 at the time. My EX wife didn't want to go as she would 'miss her mother'.

I still wonder to this day, how I would have been out there. My mate who took up the offer, is now a very happy, comfortably well off, and very settled Welshman living in Oz. Apart from coming 'home' to visit his parents every year or so, he says he would never come back to stay.

Go for it, you'll never know unless you take the chance. :good:

Well after a 6 month interview process, and numerous checks i have finally been offered my sponsership and job by bunnings in oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

job starts in november this year, with full relocation package etc etc.

Got a choice of two citys to work in Perth and melbroune.

MY **** is now starting to NIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are telling the kids on sunday (think theres goner be some tears)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a feeling of massive excitement yet feeling very sick at the same time.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bunnings, thats a DIY store, its taken 6 months to interview!?? Good stores though you can buy absolutely everything :good:

My brother lives in Brisbane and loves it, me personally though....I cant stand the place!

mate of mine ( copper) packed in the local force and moved out to perth last march, his partner was a bit apprehensive and she shed more than a few tears, one year on ( he is now a copper for the oz police) lets just say apart from hols they WONT be coming back.

KW

The son of an old mate of mine went when he left Navy - been there a few years now and he had to come back for his older brothers funeral - bought his son with him - Both couldn't wait to get back on plane home - lad said it's cramped here - too many people -- Mates son is a manager of a big DIY company -be a coincidence if it's same one.

best of luck- take opportunity to get out of this ******** of a country.

Dave

let your kids cry, and call you every name under the sun. When they have been there six months, they will understand your choice

I thought he meant because he was telling them he wasn't taking them :oops:

Good luck mate, we looked into this a few years back but never took it forward, wish we had now :lol:

It's all it's cracked up to be when you go at @ 20 or 60.

Between them ages it's very "cleekie" not welcomed into new company etc etc. From 20+ with young kids your an outsider, a little older and your there for their jobs. 60 + people are relaxed and sociable.

(relatives and friends who have done it and been there have told me)

You prob won't turn up anyway.

Edited by markm