Anyone fancy a "crisp off" ?

ME

My mate has challenged me to a "crisp off".

We havent nailed down the rules yet, but it will involve a crisp eating contest.

What are your guilty pleasure crisps and how many packets do you reckon you could you eat ?

I will chuck in Wotsits, Quavers, Hula Hoops, Wheat Crunchies, Nik Naks, Pork Stratchings and Frazzles to get you started...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My mate has challenged me to a "crisp off".

We havent nailed down the rules yet, but it will involve a crisp eating contest.

What are your guilty pleasure crisps and how many packets do you reckon you could you eat ?

I will chuck in Wotsits, Quavers, Hula Hoops, Wheat Crunchies, Nik Naks, Pork Stratchings and Frazzles to get you started...

The best crisps for a contest need to be a light affair-Walkers and normal crisps are too sharp, in the frenzy of speed eating you can cut your throat or choke on oversize pieces.

I would choose the corner shop equvialent of wotsits- The 'cheesy balls' or similar alias. Normally in a grab bag, economically priced in comparison to the mainline options,light in texture and formation so easy to enable large delivery and dispatch down your throat chewed or unchewed.

I like this sortof challenge, once you have completed this challenge move on up the ultimate-Pickled eggs in the pub and the vinegar dregs afterwards, that normally sorts the men from the boys.

Fine. Here comes the big gun.

Salt and vinegar Chipsticks

http://www.britgrocer.com/shop/images/T/Sm...s%20-%2022g.jpg

I have never liked them, they are too sharp on taste. Absolutely no could for speed eating, either as they are rough and to big to force the quantites in that are required to make a speed eat memorable.

...once you have completed this challenge move on up the ultimate-Pickled eggs in the pub and the vinegar dregs afterwards, that normally sorts the men from the boys.

You boys in Suffolk know how to enjoy yourselves: I dread to think what sort of Berserker-style rampage this event triggers in the flesh pots of Ipswich...

Lightly salted Kettle Chips are the sophisticated way forward.

But they aren't posh or sophisticated unless they have the overly desciptive labels.

So good old S&V becomes Essex Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar or Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar.

But if we are talking death buy crisps, I honestly thing I could eat these Waitrose Mini Poppadoms until I exploed or keeled over :yes:

LN_024902_BP_3.jpg

Buy some, and try eating one or two...