Sir david beckham ?

ditchman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to all the above.

Usually I can't stand football or footballers and/or their wives/girlfriends.

But, in this case, IMHO, this pair are different.

They are still married, are good parents and, as such, are role models to our younger generation.

They have each diversified and made money as well as acting as ambassadors for UK.

As far as I can see, David is not the sharpest pencil in the case, but he stikes me as honest and well intentioned, he's not articulate but means what he says.

There are worse posibities, especially politicians!

They are still married, are good parents and, as such, are role models to our younger generation.

They have each diversified and made money as well as acting as ambassadors for UK.

As far as I can see, David is not the sharpest pencil in the case, but he stikes me as honest and well intentioned, he's not articulate but means what he says.

+1

+2

:shaun:

yep I will go along with that, got to take your hat off to the man.

KW

I can not stand football - hate loath and detest the game but have to say +5 +6 +7 - every time you see the Beckhams they and their children are always well turned out - he get's my vote.

Dave

I'm not sure a knighthood is appropriate for DB, there are many other people who do a lot of good work for very little reward. That said, I respect Mr Beckham, many people take the mickey for his uneducated ways but forget that from an early age he dedicated himself to football instead of homework. I like him, and he is a role model for a generation that needs some, he is proof that hard work can bring rewards.

He's gave more to charity than us lot put together

But he's been paid more than all of us put together, I would have thought that what you give is irrelevant as you could effectively buy a knighthood with that thinking. He probably has done a great deal for this country and I'd rather see a hard working and honest footballer get a gong than career politicians or 'national treasure' tv personalities whose only outstanding features are they haven't died yet.

He probably has done a great deal for this country and I'd rather see a hard working and honest footballer get a gong than career politicians or 'national treasure' tv personalities whose only outstanding features are they haven't died yet.

I definitely concur with that statement - too many career politicians get a gong for having screwed over the populace never having worked in a real job.

David Beckham may not be academically gifted in the traditional manner, but he has made himself and his family rich by using the talents he was blessed with, his relationship with his wife has meant he has been in the public eye more than most other footballers but regardless of the celebrity status he is bringing his children up (reasonably) out of the limelight.

Personally I don't like the elevated status footballers are credited with these days but for someone who is "thick as two", to quote someone else, David Beckham has an uncannily accurate ability to calculate complex mathematics involved in judging the distance, speed, power and trajectory of a spherical object in motion and how an impact on said object will affect each of these elements!