RSPCA investigate dead fox

Peskyfoxs

Just goes to prove that any shot foxes should be disposed of properly and not left for the general public to come across.

There used to be someone on one of my permissions who insisted on hanging his kills on a farm gate, This was in full view of members of the general public including children!

I was on the train to Glasgow and saw a pair of dead foxes hanging on a fence right next to the railway line, dont know what the farmer was thinking of.

Also I was in the gym the other day and saw an advert ffrom the RSPCA, something in the advert said they dont let any animal down and then thought to myself what about the thousands of good healthy dogs they put to sleep every year. Asking for more money cause they need more officers to go round. One charity that really ****** me off.

It's ridiculous, especially when it's so obvious what happened. It caught its rear left foot in an old gin trap which had been left lying around and struggled so hard to escape it tore its own foot off which being attached to its skin that came away as well. Then, because of the cold and wet weather and being out without its coat, it got pneumonia and died. Simples! - Well, it makes more sense than the RSPCA

It's ridiculous, especially when it's so obvious what happened. It caught its rear left foot in an old gin trap which had been left lying around and struggled so hard to escape it tore its own foot off which being attached to its skin that came away as well. Then, because of the cold and wet weather and being out without its coat, it got pneumonia and died. Simples! - Well, it makes more sense than the RSPCA

:lol:

They don't actually think that, but they're well trained in propaganda and know full well that the gullible public will soon be asking each other " did you see that someone skinned a fox alive and left it to die....how awful, who would do that ? A foxhunter probably, they should all be in prison if you ask me, torturing animals, I bet that's who killed my aunties cat, she lives in the country you know....".

Barnoldswick or "Barlick" as the locals call it is in the grey area between God's own country and the dark side that is Lancashire. The border has moved more times than Nigella has snorted the marching powder.

My theory is that someone was cold and needed a hat quickly. Being tight northerners, they did not want to buy one.

Just goes to prove that any shot foxes should be disposed of properly and not left for the general public to come across.

There used to be someone on one of my permissions who insisted on hanging his kills on a farm gate, This was in full view of members of the general public including children!

I do believe this is both "tradition" and beneficial scent wards of other foxes, body feeds insects birds and returns to the ground.

What is the "proper" manner in which to dispose of vermin?

I'm not condoning it but gamekeepers of old (including one of my old headkeepers) used to hang every single piece of vermin in a fairly prominent place so that the land owners/bosses could see that he was doing his job. I remember my father used to have his hanging. There was a case in Cumbria only a few years ago where a new PC moved into a small village and proceeded to try and stop the local mole catcher from showing off his effectiveness, this ended up with the copper being left red faced and reprimanded for trying to stop him doing something that is completely legal and you can still see his moles hanging along the fence from a very busy A road. Some people may not like or agree with it but it has been done for many years and as far as I know it isn't illegal (as far as I know). Depending on where you live, your background etc it can be seen as a poor advertisement for our sport.

I do believe this is both "tradition" and beneficial scent wards of other foxes, body feeds insects birds and returns to the ground.

beat me to it

That's why I throw the carcasses into a ditch or hedgerow so that birds can feed off the maggots etc.

I'm not condoning it but gamekeepers of old (including one of my old headkeepers) used to hang every single piece of vermin in a fairly prominent place so that the land owners/bosses could see that he was doing his job. I remember my father used to have his hanging. There was a case in Cumbria only a few years ago where a new PC moved into a small village and proceeded to try and stop the local mole catcher from showing off his effectiveness, this ended up with the copper being left red faced and reprimanded for trying to stop him doing something that is completely legal and you can still see his moles hanging along the fence from a very busy A road. Some people may not like or agree with it but it has been done for many years and as far as I know it isn't illegal (as far as I know). Depending on where you live, your background etc it can be seen as a poor advertisement for our sport.

beat me to it

No, it's not illegal, but commonsense should prevail.

a paw missing, sounds like its been trapped or could have been injured, but whoever skinned it should of thought of disposing of it were it could not be seen,

things like this just brings more grief on us, sad really as it would of took 2mins to put it in a ditch out of the way

Evo

If that was skinned alive I bet who ever did it had a right old job on his hands , cant see Charlie just standing their while someone whipped his jacket of tail & all ..

Exactly what I thought. These RSPCA releases love to try and sensationalise anything like this. Could you really imagine any hunter wanting to skin a fox alive?

What an absolute carry on and can help ruin any credibility the RSPCA have in the eyes of the rational person - not a bad thing in my opinion.

They're a bunch of do gooders than do more harm than good in my opinion and are best set to one side along with the crazy cat ladies that help fund them.

That's why I throw the carcasses into a ditch or hedgerow so that birds can feed off the maggots etc.

No, it's not illegal, but commonsense should prevail.

I dont see it as a common sense issue, but I see how traditions will disappear so as not to offend the sensibilities of people who are spoken for by do gooders....

I dont see it as a common sense issue, but I see how traditions will disappear so as not to offend the sensibilities of people who are spoken for by do gooders....

Totally agree, I was brought u with this and I have taken my 6 yr old daughter to one or two that I still know of and explain what it's all about. She doesn't get fazed by it one little bit and it actually has her asking questions of what certain pests do for them to be problematic. I do believe that in certain areas such as close to big towns and cities it may cause offence but I am just as offended by ********* walking around, drugged up,********* up or just being a total waste of space.

I am not a big fan of the RSPCA as they waist peoples money instead of using it for what people gave it to them for in the first place but as I see it they have don nothing wrong they took it away and put it in there freezer for a while to see if anyone comes forward with more information that is there job.

I have nothing against killing foxes or any other things that need to be controlled but if people do kill things the bodies should be disposed of buried burnt but not left in that condition for anyone to find that is not nice.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Hardly a full blown investigation.. the RSPCA have a duty to enquire following a complaint by the public. I think its us that are sensationalising this and the paper it appeared in not the RSPCA.

If any dipstick who did this didn't have the sense to dispose of it properly and he considers himself to be Sportsman then he's doing our cause far more harm than any RSPCA enquiry.

I'll continue to support the RSPCA because I used to work for them and know what a fantastic job they do in the main.

Hardly a full blown investigation.. the RSPCA have a duty to enquire following a complaint by the public. I think its us that are sensationalising this and the paper it appeared in not the RSPCA.

If any dipstick who did this didn't have the sense to dispose of it properly and he considers himself to be Sportsman then he's doing our cause far more harm than any RSPCA enquiry.

I'll continue to support the RSPCA because I used to work for them and know what a fantastic job they do in the main.

I agree with the middle paragraph.

The RSPCA don't have any duty to do anything, as far as I know, but they MAKE it their business (with an emphasis on the word business) to enquire about certain incidents.

It was probably poor reporting (or a poor press release) but it states twice that the fox had been stripped of fur, or the fur was removed which suggests shaving rather than skinning......