Norfolk Gun Dealer locked up!!

norfolk dumpling

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably he was running norfolk boys anti Islamic state division and needed all the guns to keep every one safe in Norfolk the guy probably saved East anglia from multiple terrorist attacks or total Isis invasion. Or on the other hand he could of been a gun loving nut job

Edited by littlerob

Probably he was running norfolk boys anti Islamic state division and needed all the guns to keep every one safe in Norfolk the guy probably saved East anglia from multiple terrorist attacks or total Isis invasion. Or on the other hand he could of been a gun loving nut job

The thing is all these doings happened before the **** hit the fans as far as Syria and connected incidents are concerned. I thought East Anglia included Cambridgeshire? Is Peterborough in Cambridgeshire I wonder?

I reckon he thought there is some dollar to be made.

The thing is all these doings happened before the **** hit the fans as far as Syria and connected incidents are concerned. I thought East Anglia included Cambridgeshire? Is Peterborough in Cambridgeshire I wonder?

I reckon he thought there is some dollar to be made.

yes peterborough is in Cambridgeshire. N I'm. Sure syria mess have been going on since 2012

Its still beyond my understanding why a dealer would do something like that when there was a paper trail leading back to him, and all for a couple of hundred quid a time!. The man he was selling to was a liability too, not exactly the safest of people to be doing dodgy deals with. [/quot

It's called GREED pure GREED

Its still beyond my understanding why a dealer would do something like that when there was a paper trail leading back to him, and all for a couple of hundred quid a time!. The man he was selling to was a liability too, not exactly the safest of people to be doing dodgy deals with. [/quot

It's called GREED pure GREED

I'm still waiting for the proper jury to return a verdict ! ..seems most on PW have him convicted already ..I find it difficult to understand how any reasonably intelligent person with his experience in firearm dealing would allow a paper trail back to him . If as stated he has been trading with this fictitious dealer since 1980 how hasn't this flagged up before ? Do the RFD's books never get checked? I was under the assumption that every deal links every gun to a ticket !! Surely somewhere along a 35 year long trail a fictitious RFD would come to light ....Will be interesting to see how this goes ! ..

Looks to me based on what little we know, he has made a lot of money out of the dodgy Suffolk councillor. Didn't expect the golden goose to die and leave a trail back to him. What is the penalty for this if found guilty?

From the CPS website -

General nature of offence: Selling firearm to person without a certificate.

Punishment: (a) Summary 6 months or a fine of the prescribed sum; or both. (b) On indictment. 5 years or a fine; or both.

General nature of offence: Non-compliance by firearms dealer with provisions as to register of transactions; making false entry in register.

Punishment: Summary 6 months or a fine of level 5 on the standard scale; or both.

So I reckon

5 years for selling.

6 months and £5000 for false book keeping :no:

Paddy, I thought the same. Do you reckon that'll make a difference on the sentence?

definitely, plus the fact he;s ex regiment, and worked for the local plod right up until all this came to light, then there's the basic facts of what he's really done, not just what the media says to spice up a headline. i'm not trying to justify any wrong doing on his part, but does anyone know if any of the guns he sold were de-acts ? or even if they were obsolete calibres?

I know the man very well . He used to run the horsford rifle and pistol club for many years . He was a member of the pilgrims ( S.A.S. T.A.). He used to bring the pilgrims down to the range and we used to have some super fun days shooting all sorts of targets from 30 yards to 500 yards . It is surprising how effective a hand gun can be in the right hands at 200 yards .

Tony always came across as a decent enough guy and would always go out of his way to help . He was a big collector of all things military and had a very nice Willis jeep . It is a shame that he is in this situation. These are very serious matters and if he is found guilty he faces some very serious jail time .

Harnser

• 3 weeks later...

Found guilty on every count from what I'm hearing.

My dealings with Anthony were good. Bit of a mockery that he got done for fraud on the section 5 to section 1 thing. Do the same thing outside the UK and import it as a section 1 appears to be OK(ask Oakrise Firearms, m1garand.co.uk), but do it in the UK and you're a bad man....

Illegal arms dealing aside.....

Kind of liked my SVT40 too......even if it didn't cycle that well...