Older parents

ack-ack

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few lasses seem to have an additional kid late but i wonder how many have their first late?

(That hand cream is the nuts by the way, i have converted a cynic at work)

late thirties for me and five later think I might have to put a sock on it :) , dont know how old your missus is but now days late thirties seems acceptable for her 1st, throw out the thong and wear a kilt, spring is on its way :yes:

Quite a few lasses seem to have an additional kid late but i wonder how many have their first late?

(That hand cream is the nuts by the way, i have converted a cynic at work)

I would say the trend is into your thirties for many women for a first child and I personally know quite a few women who have had their first children near to 40 yrs of age and some after.

Plenty of time yet, there's a woman in my local town who had a kid a 63. The kid's probably 7 now but they seem to do just fine.

A friend of mine has just turned 60 and he has a 9 and 7 year old, his wife was late 30s when she had them.

Having said that, I'm nearly 40 and I don't think I'd cope with a third as they really do bang on at you...."dad I'm hungry", "dad, can I have some money for crisps and pop", "dad, why do I have to sleep in the wood shed", " dad I don't want to sweep the chimney again". It's really quite exhausting.

Ack Ack....I was 40 and Deb 35 when we had our last .....so not too late

Anyway that's immaterial I cant imagine any woman having such low self esteem as to allow you to inseminate her...

What you need is a surrogate Father

TB fits the bill and he's got a big one too ( According to Ma Baker )

He's standing for covers at the moment Pm me if you want to make a preferential rate booking

Ack Ack....I was 40 and Deb 35 when we had our last .....so not too late

Anyway that's immaterial I cant imagine any woman having such low self esteem as to allow you to inseminate her...

What you need is a surrogate Father

TB fits the bill and he's got a big one too ( According to Ma Baker )

He's standing for covers at the moment Pm me if you want to make a preferential rate booking

Ma baker needs new glasses. Its like a shrew.

24 and 26, my wife a year younger. Seems really young now, but it worked for us. They've both flown the nest and we have time to ourselves and disposable income again. And a great relationship with our grown up kids. I'm 50 now, lots of our mates around our age still have young kids. I don't envy them at all, I wouldn't have the energy. Swings and roundabouts. They were travelling, spending dosh and having a great time when we were broke and knee deep in nappies. Now it's our turn!

Edited by Blunderbuss

You need to be old enough to be mature as its no longer your life that you are messing up-but young enough to be able to run a marathon every day. If you wait for the right time you will never have kids-but you need to be commited-its not easy and it never gets any easier.

Very true, but it's also the best fun in the world. :yes:

You need to be old enough to be mature as its no longer your life that you are messing up-but young enough to be able to run a marathon every day. If you wait for the right time you will never have kids-but you need to be commited-its not easy and it never gets any easier.

I would have to live to 340 to be mature enough. I just fancy having someone round the place with the same mental age as me.