Little bit of walked up grouse

Evening all

As some are aware I take people out for a bit of walked up grouse on a private moor, the moor is in West Yorkshire and there arnt big bags just a brace or two so if anybody has a good dog who fancies a morning out drop me a pm...

So here is the good part, the moor is owned by my family and if anybody thinks it's a new permission I'm sure getting arrested will change your mind it's a one off day out...a good dog is a must!!!! Your mates staffy doesn't count!!!

Insurance is a must as is a shotgun cert, this is a space for 1 gun at a time and I'll have about 10 or so free days maybe...

I'm sure people who have been out before with me will vouch for how exiting it can be..

Drop me a message if you fancy a trip out..

29D3E20A-DD10-4CFA-8F63-987BAF4B42B0_zps

What a very generous offer and a wonderful opportunity for someone to shoot their first grouse.

Only wish I was younger, fitter, the owner of a 'suitable' dog and lived nearer, I would jump at the chance.

Hope that you get some very grateful and appreciative takers.

put me down with the gypsy gundog.

I,ve been with archie fox before ..great day out with good company..

sadly I am such a rubbish shot I didn't hit one but a day on the open moorland was worth it

will give you a text in a week or so mate....will put you and Alan in the book for a trip.

I'll be honest I'd love to go again, the moor showed me up to be the poor shot i must be! Archie is a good company, i was unprepared for how hard walking it would be having never been on a moor before, glad to see Archie is still taking people out and people are not abusing the trust he places in forum members, its a fantastic place to spend a morning, weather your quick enough for the grouse or not.

Got a very enthusiastic spaniel bitch who i wouldn't mind just taking out for the experience (/tire her out! ) but too much work through the summer has meant i haven't committed as i should have to the training so she's a raw and wild but the offer is there for me to come with her, could work her on a long lead and she finds lost birds readily enough. Sadly off the lead she's a bit unsteady. But i thought i would offer her services as a skilled disturber of wild life anyway; I'm happy to leave the gun at home.