Fracking hell...

fse10

Just seen on the news that a fracking site has been given the go ahead in north Yorkshire. Did these couincilors not watch the doc on tv of the town in the USA who could setlight to the water running from their taps due to fracking.......... God help us.

Just seen on the news that a fracking site has been given the go ahead in north Yorkshire. Did these couincilors not watch the doc on tv of the town in the USA who could setlight to the water running from their taps due to fracking.......... God help us.

Will it run a car? :hmm:

Ah, but you miss the point. The ones who decide and the ones who make the money live in London and Belgium, so it doesn't matter. Silly Billy :no:

Yes...that's why they picked North Yorkshire, its well away from London if things go tits-up.

They are putting in exploratory holes all over the country so, contrary to the beliefs of its inhabitants, Yorkshire isn't special ;)

The burning water thing happens all over the world naturally when methane dissolves in groundwater, and it isn't actually linked to fracking, at least as far as I can recall. There may well be other problems that will affect us now and in the far future, but burning water isn't one of them.

The site a kirby misperton has been an explanatory drilling site for a while, the council meeting in Northallerton was clear to point out that they could only rule against planning policy set by government. I'm not sure that they had much legal choice tbh?

In fairness, gaslands was a load of ********.

If I remember correctly the way it is fracked in the states and the way it will be done here are totally different, sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong. The water setting on fire was because they had fracked near shallow water drinking wells and a small amount of methane had seeped in to these. Hopefully it might distract the bunny huggers away from country sports people, one can only hope.

S

They are putting in exploratory holes all over the country so, contrary to the beliefs of its inhabitants, Yorkshire isn't special ;)

The burning water thing happens all over the world naturally when methane dissolves in groundwater, and it isn't actually linked to fracking, at least as far as I can recall. There may well be other problems that will affect us now and in the far future, but burning water isn't one of them.

We are all very special in the broad acres :lol:

Oh my god, what a load of fuss about nothing. I was working on frac crews (there is no k in frac) in the late 80s and it was established tech in the oil patch then. It's been used in the North Sea and all over the rest of the world for decades, with no ill effects.

Just another bandwagon for the nimby's to seize upon.

Edited by mick miller

Oh my god, what a load of fuss about nothing. I was working on frac crews (there is no k in frac) in the late 80s and it was established tech in the oil patch then. It's been used in the North Sea and all over the rest of the world for decades, with no ill effects.

Just another bandwagon for the nimby's to seize upon.

Hear hear.

This is how I like my news reports; no scaremongering, speculation or sensationalism, just plain simple reasoned facts. Thank you, but your job with the Daily Armageddon Chronicle is in jeopardy I feel.

Absolutely correct. You will not see fracking in the grounds of Buckingham Palace, or Windsor Park.

I should hope not, these places are down south. I think we should look at fracing or fracking as a new way of employing northern people and rejoice with a pims and a game of croquet.

This is how I like my news reports; no scaremongering, speculation or sensationalism, just plain simple reasoned facts. Thank you, but your job with the Daily Armageddon Chronicle is in jeopardy I feel.

thats what I was thinking, you can rely on FN to say it like it is ;)

hello, yes i watched that tv documentry with interest and for any doubters it was never like that until fracing was granted, now who would want this for that lovely county of yorkshire??????????????????????

Surely shale gas or whatever is harvested by fracking is a UK resourse? And as such any financial benefits should be used to improve the lot of all the people of the U.K? Not line the pockets of the few and/or wealthy private interests?...........unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your take on things) if this was the case there would be no fracking.

I think to accuse people affected of nimbism is wrong! No one would want this sort of operation in their back yard!......the fact is ordinary people get this sort of thing inflicted on them......whereas it appears the rich and powerful are never affected by such imposition!

I bet if the local population got all the profit from the fracking they would not be complaining,......they would just move to where the rich and powerful live! Lol

i dont think there is anything wrong with fracking...once the site is set up ...it will be discreet and should be minimal traffic..................

my only concern is the quality of the drillers and particuley the drilling consultant...as to the well design and interperating the geo' horizons as to hydraulic continuity........i was asked many years ago to investigate a contamination issue to a major aquifer........the well design was poorly thought out and the lining badly done...as a result the overlying contamination flooded into the aquifer and closed the company down above, that drew from it.

A lot of our water in this country is drawn from aquifers....some aquifers in Yorkshire....take over 30 years for water to reach them...my fear is that in the race for money...and greed...corners will be cut...........if a water source is damaged as a result of negligence .....the water can be cleaned before going into the system but at a cost.......and this cost will be ongoing for decades....so who will pick up the cost............you guessed it...the housholder.....

as i said "fracking away"...but sensibly.............

Edited by ditchman

Been against this from day one its a bad idea, council are going to do what they want, money is what is swinging this as ever and hang the consequences. .

Shame its here thin end of the wedge watch out the rest of the uk, Ryedale will be the model third energey will just take what they want and go. and the people that alowed this will just move on, leaving us to live with the problems.

Edited by TONY R

To be fair my wife could burn water when we first met but luckily all the food programmes have taught her to cook now.

In order to assess how viable fracking in the uk is test holes and small scale test fracking would have to be done. Crack on I say and let's build a new gas plant on teesside to process it.

To be fair my wife could burn water when we first met but luckily all the food programmes have taught her to cook now.

In order to assess how viable fracking in the uk is test holes and small scale test fracking would have to be done. Crack on I say and let's build a new gas plant on teesside to process it.

My wife used to bbe able to walk on water when we first met i swear, now she sinks like a stone. ;):lol: :lol: