Cheerio Scotland!

ElvisThePelvis

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect I think I can say how I feel. Change your leader before it is to late. If I had anything to do with it "Westminster" wouldn't give Scotland one pound.

All your free perscriptions and university fees etc. will be challenged more than ever now.

I respect what you are saying and dont disagree with you regarding mrs i want to be queen of scotland but unfortunately in a democratic society she was voted in (not by me I may add)

Will Scotland have another yes / no referendum in the near future?, I doubt it others may disagree

Would Scotland get a free passage to join the EU ?

Farage is a man I have huge respect for. He has rattled the cage of politics all for the greater good.

Sorry, I had difficulty in understanding your point of view.

Historically us English have raped an pillaged the assets of Scotland and make no mistake we will do so again. Best you sign up to Brussels before it's too late.

Wot are u finding hard to understand???

Farage/UKIP and Sturgeon/SNP are infact pretty similar, both do not like being ruled from abroad wether thats westminster or Brussels and there sole purpose is to try to get an independent UK/Scotland.

U may not like her, neither do i, but she/snp are very smart operators with a slick PR machine, just as farage has been to last as long doing wot he does and to get it into the mainstream.

This referendum has seen almost identical arguments to the scottish 1, (project fear, WW3 etc) and most of the folk that have been so vocal on here for leaving EU were also the ones trying to rubbish the exact same arguments for scotland.

I just see a massive ammount of hypocrocy from some.

Any future scottish independece vote is not anti england but anti westminster and has nothing to do with actual english people, just the same as this vote is not anti europen people

I wouldn't of thought there was anything left to rape in pilage in scotland, by the picture in ur head its a barren waste ground, albeit with free eductiion, prescriptions and care for elderly :whistling:

I'm not saying it is the right time to have it or its helpful with all the uncertainty, but 1 of the big claims by the No campign was to vote No to guarantee staying in the EU, that as it turned out is not the case.

So i would say she entitled to call it or think about it, but i'd call leaving EU a fundamental change.

Heard Kezia, scottish labour leader not really saying much about it today, by rights she should be a unionist party and telling her party to vote against it

Must admit the 3 scottish leaders are actually seem for more likable and handle themselves better than anyone i've seen at westminster

Edited by scotslad

The Basque region of Spain looked to theScottish as they too seek independence.

It is for that reason Spain would likely veto any Independent Scottish attempt to join the EU.

An independent Scotland does not have auto EU membership regardless of the UK's membership status.

The snp can be guilty of making stuff up and just carying on regaurdless.

Keeping the pound despite BoE, Osbourne and everyone else saying they cant, and joiniing EU last time despite every EU type lawyer saying they can't.

I honestly don't think scotland is such a big lover of EU just does not hate it as much as parts of Eng as don't have the same immagration problems and we do get a fair few grants of them.

Not sure if many scots would be keen to join euro if we had too (which we would) and like u said spain/basque a lot of politics wether we would ever get in.

Can still never get my head round the whole westminster=bad and brussels rules=good, but wot do i know

Can still never get my head round the whole westminster=bad and brussels rules=good, but wot do i know

This is the main thing that I don't understand either, I understand it with us to a degree (the English, although I consider myself British and have no ill will towards the Scots, Welsh or Northern Irish), and were positions reversed I might vote for independence if I felt strongly enough that I thought my country had had a raw deal. I am a patriot no matter how much of a dirty word that is these days, but to be voting to take power back from one place just to hand it willingly to somewhere else seems bonkers to me.

Edited by Jamesey1981

Exactly where i am. Lets get on with sorting ourselves out as great britain. Fed up with we lost vote lets appeal,lets over ride it,lets join the eu,lets have indyref 2. Thesnp are turning into the spoiled brat of politics. Just wanting to appease the 45%. Honestly let the dust settle for a while.

There has been allot of emotion in Scotland with the last two votes, I am tired with it! There has been two democratic votes, we were promised it would be a once in a generation opportunity.

This is the main thing that I don't understand, I understand it with us to a degree (the English, although I consider myself British and have no ill will towards the Scots, Welsh or Northern Irish), and were positions reversed I might vote for independence if I felt strongly enough that I felt my country had had a raw deal, I am a patriot no matter how much of a dirty word that is these days, but to be voting to take power back from one place just to hand it willingly to somewhere else seems bonkers to me.

Can't speak for anyone else but i don't think most actually think we're getting a raw deal as such. Just that we'd rather govern ourselfs and make our own mistakes.

Just a large majority don't consider themselves to be British.

Just the way it is u can't really change it, i don't wish any ill on england just have no bond with it either

Can't speak for anyone else but i don't think most actually think we're getting a raw deal as such. Just that we'd rather govern ourselfs and make our own mistakes.

Just a large majority don't consider themselves to be British.

Just the way it is u can't really change it, i don't wish any ill on england just have no bond with it either

Sounds fair enough to me, and I voted leave purely because I want my country to be governed by people we have elected rather than by people that no one has elected (even if Nicola Sturgeon is one of them, much as I dislike her, she's not the only MP from either side of the border that I dislike either), I do consider those of you north of the border to be valued members of my country though, (not saying that to belittle your country, but we've been part of a union for a long time, I do understand people in Scotland having a different view on that though, we English haven't been 100% nice over the years,) and if you vote for independence then I wouldn't hold it against you, but I for one would be sad to see you go if you did. Edited by Jamesey1981

If they did get in to the eu, which I doubt, first thing she would do is hold out her hand for grants in exchange for immigrants. Then we all know what the immigrants would do, just walk a few miles down the road and into England. She would love to screw Westminster with this, England has the problem, Scotland has the grants.

If they did get in to the eu, which I doubt, first thing she would do is hold out her hand for grants in exchange for immigrants. Then we all know what the immigrants would do, just walk a few miles down the road and into England. She would love to screw Westminster with this, England has the problem, Scotland has the grants.

All the more reason to rebuild Hadrian's wall. :lol:

I genuinely don't want to see Scotland leave the union, but if it means those SNP imbeciles are out or our parliament I'll live with it.

Blow that for a game of soldiers - why should we give Nicola Krankie a big chunk of Northumberland?

Rebuild the Antonine Wall instead :D

You live and learn on this forum (Thx Beaky) . Never heard of this wall before and just looked it up. Worth a visit I think. This year off to Northumberland so not quite far enough.