another woman as pm

dead eye alan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How ironic that now we will have an unelected (by the public) leader, like those loathed EU leaders...

Nobody ever votes for the leaders at a general election they vote for the party. She as an individual is elected within her constituency unlike the EU officials and she could lose her seat at the next election (as lots of big names did in the last election).

How ironic that now we will have an unelected (by the public) leader, like those loathed EU leaders...

MP's are voted in by the UK electorate, MP's and the Party vote in their leader (who is chosen from amongst elected MP's) who if the party wins a general election becomes PM........nothing like EU commissioners.........they are unelected leaders.....the UK can democratically get rid of any MP at the ballot box, but can't get rid of the unelected EU Commissioners!..............why?..........Because they were not democratically elected!

Wanna try again?

Ah, you haven't quite grasped the fundamentals of British parliamentary democracy have you?

Nice effort though, at least you're trying! :good:

Around 50% of the Prime Ministers in the last 114 years were not leading the party when the General Election took place.

2007 Gordon Brown Labour

1990 John Major Conservative

1976 James Callaghan Labour

1963 Sir Alec Douglas-Home Conservative

1957 Harold Macmillan Conservative

1955 Sir Anthony Eden Conservative

1940 Winston Churchill Conservative

1937 Neville Chamberlain Conservative

1935 Stanley Baldwin Conservative

1923 Stanley Baldwin Conservative

1916 David Lloyd George Liberal

1908 Herbert H. Asquith Liberal

1905 Henry Campbell-Bannerman Liberal

1902 Arthur Balfour Conservative

Edited by Gordon R

Around 50% of the Prime Ministers in the last 114 years were not leading the party when the General Election took place.2007 Gordon Brown Labour1990 John Major Conservative1976 James Callaghan Labour1963 Sir Alec Douglas-Home Conservative1957 Harold Macmillan Conservative1955 Sir Anthony Eden Conservative1940 Winston Churchill Conservative1937 Neville Chamberlain Conservative1935 Stanley Baldwin Conservative1923 Stanley Baldwin Conservative1916 David Lloyd George Liberal1908 Herbert H. Asquith Liberal1905 Henry Campbell-Bannerman Liberal1902 Arthur Balfour Conservative

That's a bit of a surprise.

I heard it on the radio and Googled it, as I found it hard to accept.

Labour, who have had two of the previous three, have no regard for their own history and rather foolishly keep demanding a General Election.

I would be astonished if they won more seats - oblivion seems a more likely outcome.

Edited by Gordon R

Listened to her speech as PM...............very fine......

i hope her mouth is not making appointments that her govt' wont/cant keep.......

good luck to her............

Wouldn't hold my breath.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier answer in post #76

I find this concerning, i doint think we have anything usefull to learn from Sharia law.

Earlier this year the Home Secretary sparked controversy when she told Britons they could benefit from the teachings of Sharia - despite the courts being renowned for forcing women to stay with abusive men.