Leah Bracknell

bruno22rf

First of all let me just say that I am saddened by the news that anybody has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and I can only imagine the fear and pain they must be suffering. Leah Bracknell ( Zoe Tate from Emmerdale) has received just such news and it must be horrendous to try and come to terms with the situation, however, am I alone in thinking that asking her fans to donate funds (£50k) to allow her to undergo treatment in Germany, is a little "off"? Where has all the money gone from her 16 years on TV? What about all the other people suffering the same illness? I would think much more of her if she was raising funds for others but to use her fame to help herself? Just doesn't seem right to me but maybe I'm just a cynic?

I think along the same lines she wouldn't be doing 40 hours a week at the minimum wage trying to raise 2.2 children so where did the wages go from 16 years on a three times a week telly programme ???

Im the same when you see some star on the box appealing for help for some disaster and you have read in the paper the week before hes worth so many millions he could bail them out by himself

But the biggest bug bear for me was children in need terry wogan was the only one paid a wage , As it was written into his contract :yes:

So because she appeared on TV 11 years ago she's not allowed to ask for help in her hour of need.

Well I think the point is that she obviously got paid fairly decent money for her 16 year stint in emmerdale plus other acting roles and theatre and everyday average people get diagnosed who haven't had the salaries she was on and they don't ask for funds. Personally If it was me I would feel wrong doing so.

I understand your reasoning toontastic but she must have earned more money during her 16 years on TV than the vast majority of people will see in their lifetime, I just think that to turn to her fans and "beg" for £50k is a little cheeky. Strangely enough she is a trained practitioner of Shamanic healing - an art that seeks to "quickly find the root of a problem and remove and release negative and toxic energy" - this, apparently, brings about the healing that we need. Come on then, let's see it at work.

Edited by bruno22rf

So because she appeared on TV 11 years ago she's not allowed to ask for help in her hour of need.

Well I think the point is that she obviously got paid fairly decent money for her 16 year stint in emmerdale plus other acting roles and theatre and everyday average people get diagnosed who haven't had the salaries she was on and they don't ask for funds. Personally If it was me I would feel wrong doing so. If I was in her position and asked for money off of general joe public would I get it 50k in 3 days like she has? No. Doesn't sit right with me. Good luck to her though.

I can understand that. A nightmarish situation to be in; I can't criticise her for clutching at any and all hopes in desperation.

Indeed...one cant imagine the mental anguish she is going through it must be bad enough to be told you have lung cancer let alone that its terminal.

Not seen it reported that she 'asked' for anything, but then, the idiots on here won't miss a chance to slag anyone or anything off!

Plus 1

Beginning to think that quite a few here have some very Insular and narrow minded views of the world, apart from Vikings excellent build thread I'm considering deleting PW

Not seen it reported that she 'asked' for anything, but then, the idiots on here won't miss a chance to slag anyone or anything off!

I don't thing 'slag' off is the word. It must be such a lonely place when given news of that scale and the thought of maybe not seeing children or grandkids grow up must be an awful thing and I totally feel for her. Personally if it was me given that news and call me stupid but I would feel guilty taking people's money and i would think why should I get that treatment when there's thousands who don't. It's a point of she must of earned more than a lot of people over her career who have had cancer and not had funding.

I don't thing 'slag' off is the word. It must be such a lonely place when given news of that scale and the thought of maybe not seeing children or grandkids grow up must be an awful thing and I totally feel for her. Personally if it was me given that news and call me stupid but I would feel guilty taking people's money and i would think why should I get that treatment when there's thousands who don't. It's a point of she must of earned more than a lot of people over her career who have had cancer and not had funding.

all I keep hearing is that she must have earned a fortune from her career, does anyone have any idea what she earned from her 277 episodes of emmerdale spread over 16 years.