The Grand Tour.....

bazzab

What airfield are they using for the track?

RAF Wroughton...

Watched some of it being filmed. :yes:

Should say Former of course

Used to be the home of Princess Alexander Hospital until 1996 when it was closed..

Father in Law was ex Raf and had a back operation there in 1983 when we went to visit virtually every other bed the patients were al in traction...I joked to the Matron that they must all be Rock Apes and she fixed me with a steely grin and said that's exactly who are. !!

Edited by Adge Cutler

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAF Wroughton...

Watched some of it being filmed. :yes:

Should say Former of course

Used to be the home of Princess Alexander Hospital until 1996 when it was closed..

Father in Law was ex Raf and had a back operation there in 1983 when we went to visit virtually every other bed the patients were al in traction...I joked to the Matron that they must all be Rock Apes and she fixed me with a steely grin and said that's exactly who are. !!

My eldest Son was born there,wife had an emergency cesarean,the hospital staff were brilliant.

Well I enjoyed the first episode but the second episode blew it out of the water. Haven't laughed so much in ages. The special forces section was hilarious.

That Aston Martin, what a piece of machinery that is.

Only part I'm not sure about is "The American". Doesn't really do anything for me. Although topping The Stig was always going to be a tall order.

Well done boys.

I think the acting/banter feels quite a bit more badly-rehearsed than before. The studio one is particularly bad I felt. You can *feel* their are acting now, while you didn't feel that before. It seriously feels like a rather bad sitcom with the canned laughter included.

Yes a LOT more money thrown at the show, and that's nice, but I'm definitely not 'raving' about the new version...

• 2 weeks later...

So, catching up on episode 3, a week late.

Quite frankly, it's **** now. The made 'hammond' into a 'USA super fan' in a complete caricature of what he was doing before, down to eating Mc Donald's and doing donuts every 3 minutes (that's funny ONCE, perhaps) the whole show looks like it's been re-scripted with bad actors, bad script, and the only thing that still works is the photography ... but JUST barely -- oversaturated greens etc included.

Seriously, I'm now very disappointed, from ep#1 that was showing promises to a stupid american grade sitcom of some sorts, with actors that were pretty good when they were playing their own roles, but are now completely out of tune.

Thumbs down.

So, catching up on episode 3, a week late.

Quite frankly, it's **** now. The made 'hammond' into a 'USA super fan' in a complete caricature of what he was doing before, down to eating Mc Donald's and doing donuts every 3 minutes (that's funny ONCE, perhaps) the whole show looks like it's been re-scripted with bad actors, bad script, and the only thing that still works is the photography ... but JUST barely -- oversaturated greens etc included.

Seriously, I'm now very disappointed, from ep#1 that was showing promises to a stupid american grade sitcom of some sorts, with actors that were pretty good when they were playing their own roles, but are now completely out of tune.

Thumbs down.

totally agree !!!!