myHermes

steve_b_wales

I use a website called Parcel2go.com to send packages. You get a choice of couriers at various prices. I've never had trouble with myHermes before, in the many times I've used them

Recently, I sent a package containing 21 Oak saplings which were to be delivered to his workshop. I had an email stating that the package had been delivered to 'Reception' last Saturday.

The recipient informed me that no such package was delivered. I contacted Parcel2Go.com and they asked the courier who stated that the package had indeed been delivered to the reception area at the address I posted it too. The recipient has now sent me an email showing the opening times, which is not open on Saturday's and they don't have a reception area anyway.

I've forwarded this info' to see what happens. The courier has obviously dumped the package because he could not deliver it to the address shown.

There's no monetary value to the contents of the package, but I'm annoyed that 21 one year old Oak saplings will probably now be dead!

DPD took a pic of someone elses house and said I was not in, I watched the guy cruise up the road and I waved frantically at him, he stopped to take the pic of the wrong house and roared off, I guess they do this as it saves them 5 minutes a house, times that by 10 a day and they've saved themselves nearly an hour a day and blame you for not being in, I have however found myhermes in my area to be superb

i doubt he's dumped it but he has probably delivered it to the wrong place.

The other unit's have been asked if they have received anything, but they said no.

DPD took a pic of someone elses house and said I was not in, I watched the guy cruise up the road and I waved frantically at him, he stopped to take the pic of the wrong house and roared off, I guess they do this as it saves them 5 minutes a house, times that by 10 a day and they've saved themselves nearly an hour a day and blame you for not being in, I have however found myhermes in my area to be superb

As mentioned, never had a problem with myHermes. Their price (through Parcel2Go.com) is very good, and they offer a two day delivery service.

ISTR the driver gets 50p per delivery or collection. I've had stuff thrown over the side gate before rather than lose time waiting for someone to answer the door.

That's probably what myHermes couriers get. I know they are on a deadline and are expected to do so many 'drops' a day, but I'm annoyed and disappointed that the package is missing. Good job there was nothing of any monetary value inside.

That's probably what myHermes couriers get. I know they are on a deadline and are expected to do so many 'drops' a day, but I'm annoyed and disappointed that the package is missing. Good job there was nothing of any monetary value inside.

I know some cabbies who tried the work to get out the taxi trade. Most said it was an even worse income.

our company used to use parcel force until we sent £1000 coffee machine to a customer in Cheshire when the driver arrived at the big house with 6ft high fancy gates rang the bell with no answer so decided to drop it over the top customer sent me the cctv footage which ended up the driver loosing his job silly man

Myherpes are only as good as their couriers! the courier in my area proved to be unreliable....on the last occasion I tried to use them she didn't turn up to collect the parcels I had arranged collection and paid for, Myherpes didn't even bother to respond to my email complaints...........I have not used them since!

You can't beat Royal Mail signed for or special delivery.

I agree. It's the prices I don't like. They get you both ways, by the weight of the package, and/or the size. I sent a tanned Fox tail to someone once, which only weighed a few ounces. But because the package was 'bulky' I had to pay over £3 to send it!

I post hundreds of repaired waders, and hundreds of bottles of water repellent every month. For years i used fedex, but ditched them when they lost 3 very expensive packages and were a disaster to refund me under the insurance, even when i had numerous emails and calls apologizing for the driver dumping the packages some place. In one case i am sure the customer has the package,and pretended they did not as it was signed by the driver, pure theft, and cock all i could do about it! When i checked up they had signed for 54 packages in two months and i refused to pay for these and dumped them that day.

I moved to the royal mail, and they have been very good. They collect from me daily, deliver on saturdays, have decent insurance, and good tracking.I have had one stolen, again, signed for by the posty, i know the customer has the waders and can do nothing about it, he says he has not got them, but the behaviour and emails are almost exactly the same as the other theft / fraud. Neither wader has a warranty anywhere in the world now, so it will appear at some point. every one is now marked so the problem will reduce in time.

If posting one or two packages hermes or any of the others are fine but are low cost. The royal mail is very good when sending 1000 plus packages a year

You can't beat Royal Mail signed for or special delivery.

don't trust royal mail either,a few years ago i bought a book(value £3) from ebay at the same time i sold an item for £40 and was waiting for 2 items to arrive(postal order & book),postman had removed special delivery sticker from the envelope containing the postal order and stuck it to the package containing the book,i signed for book but did not get the postal order,a week later the buyer who sent me the postal order contacted me to ask where the item they had purchase was,i told them i had not received the postal order which they then sent me the tracking information showing that my signature was on the tracking info online,i then contacted the seller of the book i purchased and "signed for" and they told me that they sent the book 1st class and no signature required????

i hope you can understand what the postman had done,it's quite difficult to explain it in writing :yes:

I,ve been on a course all week with someone who delivers for hermes. in built up areas (he dose brighton) the pay is £1 plus per drop his areas are about six streets and recons you could make reasonable money as he can do 80 or 90 drops and only drive a couple of miles but in the rural routes the pay is only 30 or 40 pence and you could end up driving 100 miles plus as its all done on post code areas and if someone is not in you have to go back again. He said the university is the best route, you could do 100 plus drops in 10 minutes as there are only 3 or 4 places that you can can drop parcels

Hermes are cheap and you get what you pay for, they are getting some good accounts though. They have royally ****** me off with an iPad I bought for the little ones birthday. Ordered 5 days early and they falsified the failed delivery as it was to work with a warehouse open 7am to 17.30. No reattempt so I had to order another on the basis when they didn't deliver the first as they couldn't tell me a thing about why their person lied and it would go back and be refunded.......... 14 days later they had another delivery at work so dropped both off. Sadly I didn't see their housewife or I might have been tempted to vent some of my feelings on the subject. I have however written to most people I could find at John Lewis and question their use of slave labour

I think many of us have suffered from poor treatment by Hermes, DPD or any one of the other cheap couriers.

I feel it is down to the individual drivers being the problem and that is the same in any business.

Their performance has gradually improved as the weak links get found out and fired.