Favourite 'pigeon' shell?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find clear pigeon work well, whatever you choose please use fibre wad, I really don't understand why in this day and age people insist on deliberately littering the countryside with plastic, it just gives anti shooting public more reason to object. I wish people would think a little more about their actions and take responsibility for them,shooting sports are on rocky ground as it is.

100% agree there pay the extra pennies and use fibre

Can you still buy these Rottweil

Yep, but with difficulty.

World sporting do them and will deliver but both the cartridges and delivery are a tad pricey. Fortunately, I have a step son and nephew in the Rugby area and the Rugby gun shop stocks them at a more reasonable price but do not deliver hence the lads being handy.

I don't believe plastic wads being used is a real problem. As for antis, I don't think they care what cartridge we choose to kill our quarry with.

Each to decide, but as I do not have sole use to all my permissions it does annoy me when walking about to see spent cases and yes wads littering the ground. Both of which can have been there for a long time, rusty heads to the cases but the integrity of the plastic is still good, yes I do pick them.

I know we scatter the lead all about so what's a little plastic, but one is essential the other can be a personal choice.

Do have one farm that will only allow fibre wads, so to make life simple all I use is fibre.

Each to decide, but as I do not have sole use to all my permissions it does annoy me when walking about to see spent cases and yes wads littering the ground. Both of which can have been there for a long time, rusty heads to the cases but the integrity of the plastic is still good, yes I do pick them.

I know we scatter the lead all about so what's a little plastic, but one is essential the other can be a personal choice.

Do have one farm that will only allow fibre wads, so to make life simple all I use is fibre.

What's spent cases lying around got to to with plastic wads?

I agree the spent case thing annoys me as there's no need at all, the fibre wad to an extent but when shooting over arable land on crops I don't see it as a huge issue as you'll never really see them. Over pasture land etc fibre wads are a more sensible option of course!

The anti shooting brigade comment, what a load of nonsense....I think that's the last argument they'll come up with to try and stop shooting.

I have been shooting trust cartridges 28g 7.5 over decoys with good results.

I also have some proper cartridges 30g no6 in my cartridge bag which are also good.

If I had to choose a decoying cartridges it would be the 28g 7.5 through 1/4& 3/4 choke, with decoys placed 18 paces nearest, and 30 paces furthest from the hide.

Hitman

The intentional plastic littering is an additional part of anti argument, not the argument, but to leave doors open like this is naive.

Yes, but it is up to the landowner if he does or doesn't want plastic wad 'litter' on his private land. How can anyone else but him have cause for complaint?

I have started using stone dead 32g in 5's and found them good for pigeon and crow.

I too prefer to use fibrewad as plastic wads do litter the ground,though some farmers don't seem to mind either.

I was once told that plastic wads can be a problem in barley straw if used as feed(if using plastic wad in standing crop).

I mainly shoot crows and I've been using Trust 32g 5 to good effect recently. Will be going back to my favourite RC 2 28g 6 when they are finished though.

this is what i use for pigeons, and they are a dam good shells.wont use any other shell.RC 2 are good.28 gram 6 shot.

Edited by mossy835