Brexit Supreme Court Ruling - Merged Threads

guest1957

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So be it.

But what Pee's me off are those MP's who continue ignore the result of the referendum and wish to frustrate the majority decision in circumstances where their own constituents voted by majority to leave.

Clearly they are not representing the views of their electorate and they should, therefore, fall on their own sword.

But that requires integrity from those MP's. So it will never happen.

Is it going to change anything ?

It sets an important precedent and sends a warning to any governments that feel they can go off on a frolic of their own without recourse to parliament.

Given the spinlessness of the opposition it won't change the outcome, but it may be an opportunity to temper the hard line taken by May to date.

I think this is a good decision for democracy and individual rights.........however the downside is, it opens the door for the now antidemocratic remoaners side..............through the equallly undemocratic remainer MP's, not to stop the triggering of Article 50, but to now frustrate the Brexit process at every turn, using stalling tactics, red tape and all and any other methods they can think up in order to try to stop Brexit.

Was chatting the other night to an intelligent worldly chap?

His opinion is that the process will be mired into a stalemate for 2 years then another "binding" referendum will be called?

So forcing us to stay, in, as the opinion to leave will have been changed enough for a reversal due to the constant carping and de-stabilisation caused by the press and anonymous backers behind the scenes.

They certainly are orgasmic at the moment with anti brexit rhetoric?

Maybe back to the United States of Europe as not enough of us value democracy over an easy ride into a satellite future where the blame for our ill's can always be placed elsewhere?

To be honest, the only MPs who still seem to wanting to ignore the referendum vote are the Lib Dems and SNP - most labour MPs and conservative MPs who have spoken out have said they will respect the nations wishes. Obviously none of us know exactly what the outcome of a commons vote will be - its all speculation. Assuming there is an overwhelming majority for Brexit (and I personally think there will be) I doubt if the House of Lords would really want to create an uproar by blocking it. Timescales - may be delayed a couple of months possibly.

So be it.

But what Pee's me off are those MP's who continue ignore the result of the referendum and wish to frustrate the majority decision in circumstances where their own constituents voted by majority to leave.

Clearly they are not representing the views of their electorate and they should, therefore, fall on their own sword.

But that requires integrity from those MP's. So it will never happen.

But what about MPs who constituents voted to stay - should their MP vote for Remain or Exit?

Looking on the bright side they did say that our Scottish friends cannot pock there noses in it is the whole UK that went into the EU so the Scots have no say in it :yahoo: :yahoo:

The problem is all of the wingers will try to put down loads of amendments but hopefully they will be outvoted :good:

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Looking on the bright side they did say that our Scottish friends cannot pock there noses in it is the whole UK that went into the EU so the Scots have no say in it :yahoo: :yahoo:

The problem is all of the wingers will try to put down loads of amendments but hopefully they will be outvoted :good:

Well, they do have a say, just as part of the wider UK, the same as the rest of us.

The thing about it that is simply daft to me is that in insisting that it gets voted on by the House of Lords and the Commons in order to maintain Parliamentary democracy is the remainers would be voting to continue to governed by an unelected European Commission in Brussels over which the Lords and Commons have no say :no::hmm:

The way I see it is that any Tories who defy the Government's intended path will be de-selected by the next General Election which could be called as a result of this not getting through.

Any Labour MPs who are set to be de-selected by the Corbyn administration will not want that to be any time soon and so will support the Government in order to prolong this Parliament.

As far as the Lib-Dems and SNP are concerned; they are just noisy bystanders.

But at least those who participated by voting in the Referendum and now say that it was undemocratic can show themselves up as the hypocrites that they truly are. If you think that the Referendum was undemocratic then you should have followed the example set by the Hungarian people and boycotted their Referendum.

It would appear that there have been some amendments to the original High court ruling meaning it will now be much harder for the MPs to put in place hindering amendments.

That idiot Clegg has been on TV already. To hear him talk you would think it was all his idea

I suppose that other idiot Milliband will be along before too long

They seem to be the self appointed spokesmen for the Remoaners

Edited by Vince Green

The simple fact is In a U.K. Wide referendum, where every U.K. Citizen had the right to vote, more people voted to leave the EU than voted to remain......the democratic decision of the citizens of the UK is clear.......leave the EU!

Individual MP's, Lords, Devolved parliament, the Lib dems, SNP, Gibraltar et al.......whoever and wherever is working to subvert the democratic decision of the citizens of the UK.............are traitors to the UK and the UK democracy!

In a democracy disagreeing with a democratic decision is a right............working to frustrate, undermine or subvert the enectment of that democratic decision .....certainly is not!

Funny how none of the usual politicos favouring the Remain side utterly failed to put their balls on the table and back Gina Miller, despite their 'strongly held' beliefs.

Spineless ******.

Say what you like about Gina Miller, she had the cajones to take this all the way, putting up with some pretty vitriolic abuse from both the press and public alike. Whilst not keen on her agenda, I have to admire her desire to ensure that the correct Parliamentary process was followed.

Edited by mick miller

disgraceful decision, considering the government pamphlet clearly stated they would carry out our wishes, don't give me all this, 'oh, but it will walk through parliament nonsense', we shouldn't be here 7 months on, its weakness on a massive scale by a prime minister who was after all a big remainer. Had she invoked the next day, we wouldn't have heard of this little bitch miller.

the enemies of the referendum result just became emboldened even more.

terrible :no::no::no:

Funny how none of the usual politicos favouring the Remain side utterly failed to put their balls on the table and back Gina Miller, despite their 'strongly held' beliefs.

Spineless ******.

Say what you like about Gina Miller, she had the cajones to take this all the way, putting up with some pretty vitriolic abuse from both the press and public alike. Whilst not keen on her agenda, I have to admire her desire to ensure that the correct Parliamentary process was followed.

You think she gives one about Parliamentary process!!