6 nations

bumpy22

I said, at the beginning of this thread, that compared to the English side the Scots looked weak in places; that they were no threat. We've now seen how well this English side can play, you're looking at what I'm confident will become the best side in the world. There's no shame in the Scots losing against the English, they were simply outclassed.

And, to be fair, they're still better at tennis...game of wiff waff anyone?

Edited by mick miller

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hammering today and although injuries played a part England turned up and we didnt.

Some outstanding rugby all round and something like their form coming in to this 6 nations.

Yup. A couple of cracking matches this round. How are everybody's predictions going?

Mine was

England

Scotland

Ireland

Wales

France

Italy

I've just redone the maths and I can't be right, but I'd love to see Scotland second

Edited by chrisjpainter

...England turned up and we didnt

I think they did. To say ' we didn't turn up' takes away from the English dismantling of the opposition. It's like saying 'yeah, we lost. But only because we didn't play well'. Scotland did try to play well, but were shut down, overpowered and pretty lucky not to lose a man early on. This is a fantastic job by a team steered by an equally world-class coach, a complete turnaround from the farce that the side was under Lancaster.

i predicted 20 points on thursday to my boss he said it would be less. just had a feeling england would play their A game as they have been lacking a bit in previous rounds. scotland have played very well though and just had a feeling they would not be on the ball as they have been. did not expect the final score

Wow. England looked very, very good. Scotland seemed to give England a lot of space but when I I rewatched the game again it was apparent how quickly England were recycling the ball which was what was creating the space.

And how does a player such as Launchbury play with that intensity for 80 minutes?

Can we beat the Irish at the AVIVA?

If England play the way they did this week, then it's in the bag. It's pretty hard to bet against them given that even when they've played relatively poorly they've managed to grind out a win, the sign of a truely great team. Still you can never rule out the Irish, they will definitely be wanting to spoil the party so it's unlikely to be an easy game.

If England play the way they did this week, then it's in the bag. It's pretty hard to bet against them given that even when they've played relatively poorly they've managed to grind out a win, the sign of a truely great team. Still you can never rule out the Irish, they will definitely be wanting to spoil the party so it's unlikely to be an easy game.

:) I can get 33/1 the draw .

The Scottish fans must feel dejected. They paid out a lot for the ticket and travel and probably accommodation to watch their team get slaughtered. The players must be down also. They came with the possibility of two trophies and ended up with a right beating. Let's hope that if any of the fans stayed down that they enjoy the rest of their stay. at least the weather was nice and not thrashing down with rain with the prospect of a long journey back home.

Scotland played quite well, it's just that England played MUCH BETTER! :good:

No, they didn't play well - shipping a record points score isn't just about better opposition.

Scotland were humiliated yesterday - they weren't up for it, knew they were on for thrashing from the start and so it came to pass.

e

England deserved winners by a distance. Game changed in 2 mins by a poor tackle and ill discipline costing us majorly again. Losing laidlaw and hogg lost our dynamism.

Unfortunately not enough depth of talent in the Scottish side, losing two good players should not affect a side that much.