It had to Happen - now questions about the money

Vince Green

Despite over £3 million pounds being donated for survivors of the fire, much of it to unregulated cloud funding appeals set up by individuals with unknown credentials. People on the ground are starting to ask where is the money?

Is this going to be the final insult to the victims? have the public been scammed?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite over £3 million pounds being donated for survivors of the fire, much of it to unregulated cloud funding appeals set up by individuals with unknown credentials. People on the ground are starting to ask where is the money?

Is this going to be the final insult to the victims? have the public been scammed?

hello, is that as well as the goverment setting aside 3 million,?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

You would like to think the money collected gets to the people who need it.

But sadly nothing surprises me anymore.

Government have set aside 5m oldypigeonpopper

hello, thankyou, what ever funding budgets this money comes from, i presume through our tax system i do hope all those families involved will receive enough to start a new life, bury their loved ones and set some aside for the children.

nothing surprises me anymore..............im getting totally fed up with the whole issue......you know what ..i just really dont care anymore....and to top it all off May is having to deal with the media and the backstabbing ...gravy train jockies dirtbag guttersnipes in her own party...

im not a great fan of May or any of the other ones...i believe what she is doing is not for herself but for the good of the country...........i wish we would all focus on Brexit and get on with things..

sorry ...but im not in a good place about all this anymore...

I'm afraid I just don't care. I'm a bit fed up with all these emotional nationalistic outpourings of grief; mock or genuine.

One woman was interviewed in apparent grief stricken wails of sorrow, but there were no tears!

She could hardly speak for constantly breaking down in sorrow, but no tears.

If 58 or however many people had been stabbed to death enmasse there would no doubt be another nationwide grief ridden session and flower sales would rocket locally. I wouldn't be surprised to discover more than 58 people have been stabbed to death in the UK so far this year.

Where is the nationwide outrage and grief for these individuals?

I suppose to donate money or whatever, is more practical and realistic than sending prayers and good wishes, but we shouldn't be surprised really, in today's world, if that money ( or some of it ) disappears.

Typical government response to critism.......chuck money at it!.....even better when it ain't their money....it's ours!....and giving our money away shows they care!.......right!

Why is the government giving our money away? Can people not get house and contents insurance on a flat?

I have sympathy for those that perished and their friends and families........but it is those responsible that should pick up the tab...not us!

I'm afraid I just don't care. I'm a bit fed up with all these emotional nationalistic outpourings of grief; mock or genuine.

One woman was interviewed in apparent grief stricken wails of sorrow, but there were no tears!

She could hardly speak for constantly breaking down in sorrow, but no tears.

If 58 or however many people had been stabbed to death enmasse there would no doubt be another nationwide grief ridden session and flower sales would rocket locally. I wouldn't be surprised to discover more than 58 people have been stabbed to death in the UK so far this year.

Where is the nationwide outrage and grief for these individuals?

I suppose to donate money or whatever, is more practical and realistic than sending prayers and good wishes, but we shouldn't be surprised really, in today's world, if that money ( or some of it ) disappears.

I agree. Also the thing with the Manchester or London terror attacks was that I could relate to them. I can't relate to this. It's almost as though it is in another country.

There will always be those who will take advantage of tragedy to line their own pockets, 'tis the nature of the beast. It's not a new thing, during the Blitz crime increased by a huge amount. "Mad" Frankie Fraser once joked that he'd never forgiven the Germans for surrendering because whilst the bombing was going on criminal opportunites were huge.

I heard one inspiring story from the entire event. A young girl who was so determined to achieve the grades she needed for A Level went into school the day after the fire to take her GCSE chemistry exam. No excuses, no outpouring of grief, just a determination to succeed. I wish her well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/06/15/teenage-girl-takes-gcse-pyjamas-hours-fleeing-grenfell-tower/

I agree. Also the thing with the Manchester or London terror attacks was that I could relate to them. I can't relate to this. It's almost as though it is in another country.

Is this due to the mass media coverage of protest, celebrity and political opinion. The left view. Condemn of the government.

Not the focus on the people and situation.

The London and Manchester events were covered in unfolding facts.

Where as the coverage of this has been hijacked and spun.

It is not on. And I think people would understand more if the facts and personal side was covered, not just politicians and experts and the need for instant answers.

When the Aberfan disaster happened all those years ago there was a big response from the public, they sent money in quite large amounts. It was the first time it happened like that and as it was reported in the press even more money was donated.

Most of that money is still sitting in a bank somewhere and a panel of trustees running it. What good is money when you lose a child? Families could make claims for relief but the terms of reference were quite strict and tightly enforced. The money was never spent.

After the Dunblaine Shooting a campaign group sprung up within hours called the Snowdrop Campaign. They were well organised and the people were professionally trained in dealing with the media and giving interviews on TV. Its thought they were from some far left think tank, and were waiting for a shooting incident to campaign for tighter shotgun controls. Some of the forms collecting signatures in the early days had shotguns crossed out and handguns written over the top. When Dunblaine happened they must have thought all their Christmasses had come together.

They never asked for money (to be fair) but they were so pro-active bombarding the press with statements and demands. (sounds familiar? nothing has changed) that Snowdrop became synonomous with the Dunblaine disaster.

A shooting person who worked at the Mount Pleasant Sorting Office in London told the various shooting organisations that sack fulls of envelopes addresses to Snowdrop Dunblaine were leaving London every night. Most of those must have contained cheques and money and that was only London. And it went on for weeks.

There is no record of the Snowdrop Campaign ever contributing money to the official disaster fund. After Dunblaine the Snowdrop Campaign just disappeared back into the mist, they never published accounts or filed tax returns. It was like they had never officially ever existed. And with them went all that money it must have been millions, tens of millions.

Edited by Vince Green

When the Aberfan disaster happened all those years ago there was a big response from the public, they sent money in quite large amounts. It was the first time it happened like that and as it was reported in the press even more money was donated.

Most of that money is still sitting in a bank somewhere and a panel of trustees running it. What good is money when you lose a child? Families could make claims for relief but the terms of reference were quite strict and tightly enforced. The money was never spent.

After the Dunblaine Shooting a campaign group sprung up within hours called the Snowdrop Campaign. They were well organised and the people were professionally trained in dealing with the media and giving interviews on TV. Its thought they were from some far left think tank, and were waiting for a shooting incident to campaign for tighter shotgun controls. Some of the forms collecting signatures in the early days had shotguns crossed out and handguns written over the top. When Dunblaine happened they must have thought all their Christmasses had come together.

They never asked for money (to be fair) but they were so pro-active bombarding the press with statements and demands. (sounds familiar? nothing has changed) that Snowdrop became synonomous with the Dunblaine disaster.

A shooting person who worked at the Mount Pleasant Sorting Office in London told the various shooting organisations that sack fulls of envelopes addresses to Snowdrop Dunblaine were leaving London every night. Most of those must have contained cheques and money and that was only London. And it went on for weeks.

There is no record of the Snowdrop Campaign ever contributing money to the official disaster fund. After Dunblaine the Snowdrop Campaign just disappeared back into the mist, they had never officially ever existed. And with them went all that money it must have been millions.

Surely HMRC or someone would be asking where that money has gone?

Especially these days, when the government can come and go through your tax affairs etc for years and years back, how can that amount of money can just "disappear"?

There is no record of the Snowdrop Campaign ever contributing money to the official disaster fund. After Dunblaine the Snowdrop Campaign just disappeared back into the mist, they had never officially ever existed. And with them went all that money it must have been millions.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/snowdrop-withers-but-battle-to-curb-guns-lives-on-1259169.html%3Famp

Interesting stuff - never heard of them before.

LS

Surely HMRC or someone would be asking where that money has gone?

Especially these days, when the government can come and go through your tax affairs etc for years and years back, how can that amount of money can just "disappear"?

You would think so, but where was the proof? they never existed in real terms and they just vanished with probably tens of millions. The only 'real' person from those days who used her 'real' name was Ann Peartson. and she is shadowy. They can't fid her on electoral register, birth certificate etc and she now appears to have income but no job so draw your own conclusions.

Edited by Vince Green

Is this due to the mass media coverage of protest, celebrity and political opinion. The left view. Condemn of the government.

Not the focus on the people and situation.

The London and Manchester events were covered in unfolding facts.

Where as the coverage of this has been hijacked and spun.

It is not on. And I think people would understand more if the facts and personal side was covered, not just politicians and experts and the need for instant answers.

Totally in the dark as to what this means.

Vince Green - right yet again. Mount Pleasant Post Office is the place where the Post office hadn't got a clue who actually worked there. They had names, but no real check of identity. People got jobs there, merely to steal.

I suspect some of the people drawing money from this tragedy are not even in the country. Mentioned it to a friend - just got back from a night out - he immediately gave his opinion as to where the money could go - same as mine.

Edited by Gordon R

That's a lot of paper clips, do you have any proof

hello, a few years ago it was published in a national newspaper the10 main charities of the UK for every £ given just how much went on admin/salaries/ etc and the likes of Oxfam 90p Save the Children about 80p, only charities that had very few full time paid staff and most voluteers did 60/80p go to those supported,

[quote name="Vince Green" post="3275350" timestamp="1497816911

There is no record of the Snowdrop Campaign ever contributing money to the official disaster fund. After Dunblaine the Snowdrop Campaign just disappeared back into the mist, they never published accounts or filed tax returns. It was like they had never officially ever existed. And with them went all that money it must have been millions, tens of millions.

Any chance of a link regarding the above?

I don't wish to hijack the thread but you make various claims as you have on other threads, but no links to verify those claims.

I am quite familiar with Dunblane and the Snowdrop Campaign, but would be interested where I can read about all those claims you have made above.