Leather treatment

JRDS

KO-CHO-LINE

or

FIEBINGS MINK OIL PASTE/FIEBINGS AUSSIE LEATHER DRESSING

Never ever use neatsfoot oil.

I see wrecked leather goods every week that have been destroyed by this junk. It should be withdrawn from public sale, as Iit's too easy to misuse.

I have a tin of 'W.S Robson's Leather Polish'. It's quite soft and does a great job of both moisturising the leather and then giving it a shine and protection. I actually used some a while ago for the straps on an old game bag, it did a great job. The stuff itself isn't too expensive and a tin will last.

Hope this helps

I was looking at leather creams years ago and one of the lasses at work said Use collonil leather polish .it is the stuff mullberry recommended on there bags

Got some its superb stuff for leather and only a fiver a jar..I use it on my belts.briefcase leather gun bag and cartridge bag

Recommended and available on the bay

Yes thanks, but neatsfoot oil is harmless, it's the gel version that rots stitching.

Couldn't agree more. Never had a problem and used it for years. Often hear people saying it ruins leather and rots stitching. Never seen any evidence however. I'm sure it's a myth touted by manufacturers of expensive leather treatments.

Anyone on here got any proof it causes problems?

Couldn't agree more. Never had a problem and used it for years. Often hear people saying it ruins leather and rots stitching. Never seen any evidence however. I'm sure it's a myth touted by manufacturers of expensive leather treatments.

Anyone on here got any proof it causes problems?

Think I go with saddler on this one

(Clue is in his name )

Good for leather not a finished product the thread used to sew leather is usually covered in beeswax

Just can't see why anyone would be spending money on anything other than the best product for the job

See tons of leather stuff ruined by badly applied wrong product

Anyway each to there own

All the best

Of

Think I go with saddler on this one

(Clue is in his name )

Good for leather not a finished product the thread used to sew leather is usually covered in beeswax

Just can't see why anyone would be spending money on anything other than the best product for the job

See tons of leather stuff ruined by badly applied wrong product

Anyway each to there own

All the best

Of

Still no proof it does any harm... What does it do? Where's the evidence?

And best place to buy neatsfoot oil is....? ...... Stores that supply tack and equipment for stables and horse owners.

Funny old world isn't it?

It's a conspiracy! They sell it so it rots all your leather goods within weeks then you have to go back and buy more leather goods!

And best place to buy neatsfoot oil is....? ...... Stores that supply tack and equipment for stables and horse owners.

Funny old world isn't it?

not really- they use it to oil hooves

KO-CHO-LINE

or

FIEBINGS MINK OIL PASTE/FIEBINGS AUSSIE LEATHER DRESSING

Never ever use neatsfoot oil.

I see wrecked leather goods every week that have been destroyed by this junk. It should be withdrawn from public sale, as Iit's too easy to misuse.

I'm with you on this.

I had a strap fixing pull out of a leather gun slip when I took it to the saddler to get it repaired they told me the stitching had rotted, I cursed and expensive slip but had them check the rest they found some other areas that she showed me. Then then asked how I looked after the slip expecting her to accuse me of neglect I defended my once a month coat of beats foot oil, she laughed and told me that would be why then.

I forget the cream she gave me to try instead but used it for years and now use ranphur once a month and on a professionals advice don't use neats foot oil on stitched leather it's not rotted since.

I had a strap fixing pull out of a leather gun slip when I took it to the saddler to get it repaired they told me the stitching had rotted, I cursed and expensive slip but had them check the rest they found some other areas that she showed me. Then then asked how I looked after the slip expecting her to accuse me of neglect I defended my once a month coat of beats foot oil, she laughed and told me that would be why then.

I forget the cream she gave me to try instead but used it for years and now use ranphur once a month and on a professionals advice don't use neats foot oil on stitched leather it's not rotted since.

Fair enough. Firm evidence that. Might stop using it