Mini countryman

snarepeg

Well I am biased, but I would scrap them all as I consider them to be hideous abominations not worthy of the mini name!

The thing that gets me with them is how do they get away with calling them Minis they are massive if you put a proper mini next to one them or the even bigger 4x4 version.

As for engine problems the Mini car factory is owned by BMW so I would have thought that the engine would be good.

Name stealing pile of overpriced junk aimed at inner city metrosexual hairdressers....or their boyfriends.

It'd be less embarrassing driving a pink transit van with a huge cock & balls painted on the side, while wearing a pink tutu, with a thai ladyboy sat on your lap....listening to Elaine Paige's show tunes programme. (Or so Phaedra has reliably informed me....)

Edited by saddler

Name stealing pile of overpriced junk aimed at inner city metrosexual hairdressers....or their boyfriends.

It'd be less embarrassing driving a pink transit van with a huge cock & balls painted on the side, while wearing a pink tutu, with a thai ladyboy sat on your lap....listening to Elaine Paige's show tunes programme. (Or so Phaedra has reliably informed me....)

Have you driven one ?

So you don't like them then ????

Curious as to why people think its name stealing etc. In fact during the late nineties when BMW was in collaboration with rover, the first design and concept for a new mini was drawn up. As the relationship fell apart , as part of the divorce settlement if you like , rover went on with the 75 range and BMW took the mini . All amicable and above board. So you see the mini still has its roots in Longbridge and yet another bad decision by rover passed it to bmw who made lt into a successful brand again. The heritage is still there as it's made on Britain and as such the mini day at the heritage motor centre at gaydon includes new mini in the show and gatherings.

The larger minis are an attempt to keep people with the brand of mini . Like fiat have done with the 500 range of cars . Your not moaning about them.

Try one they are great fun.

Can i be your passenger as i agree entirely.

What BMW have done with Mini is nothing short of outstanding marketing. Some day we are going to watch a documentary depicting it as one of the greatest, most breathtakingly successful campaigns ever. They have taken a single car and created a whole stand alone dealership network by producing different variations to suit different tastes and needs whilst retaining the brand image. Porsche have used the same nose for 4000 years but even they are bit players in comparison.

Edited by Hamster

`bout sums up where they`re at.........

The thing that gets me with them is how do they get away with calling them Minis they are massive if you put a proper mini next to one them or the even bigger 4x4 version.

As for engine problems the Mini car factory is owned by BMW so I would have thought that the engine would be good.

Bmws engines are believe it or not, ****! Unreliable, very much so. Some are worse than others. To give you an idea, for the 1800 petrol and 2 litre diesels my local bmw don't stock knock sensors or mafs but do keep 3 spare engines.... 2006-2012 I think the engine was. Cam chains añd tensioner made of chocolate. Injectors are also very common on them. Wouldn't touch one with a barge pole, just a shame I have to work on them :lol:

`bout sums up where they`re at.........

+1

We are on Mini 7, 5's 2 Coopers and never had an issue and presently looking at an All4 Cooper S.

Fun is the best word for them

Wonder how many people that are moaning have had one? Probably very few!

Ex-North East Mini Club for several years.....and still make leather bonnet straps for classic Italian Job builds.....

I have driven a few, and the cooper s is fun, but they are just another car really, lacks the soul a classic has. If I had the cash, a mk1 cooper s is about as perfect as it gets, although not practical really! For modern cars, they all seem the same to me, we have a basic vw polo as an everyday car with is cheap and reliable.

quote..... Fun is the best word for them

Not nearly as much as the originals. I drove one rallying back in the 60's and also as a 'works' car.... whoever saw a blue and white Panda? OK you needed fingers with five joints to work on them but at least you could drop the engine and gearbox out in 30 mins with basic spanners and do a complete rear sub frame swap in a couple of hours in a car park in Belgium with a break for a beer.

My Sister has owned a Mini One from new, its 4 years old with 40k on the clock, drinks oil and has just had a timing chain replacement. BMW wanted £2k for that! Still £900.00 at a local independent. The local independent garage loves minis, 25% of his business is repairing just out of warranty ones.

Father had a 2012 320d from new and the crank shaft snapped on that last year with 85k on the clock. The engine was rebuilt by a business near Kings Lynn, I drove him up there to collect it and there must have been 20 odd BMW's and minis in there, with similar engine failures.

Dad's gone back to a Ford and my sister is in the process of changing to a fiesta.

If you want one take your wife and have a look and get a test drive.

My wife has had two new ones a 2004 model and now she has a 16 plate.

My mother has had 4 since 2003 and she has had a few problems nothing catastrophic and all done under warranty.

The newer ones are like small bmw's but to get the spec you pay for everything.

I have driven a lot of new cars I get between 2 and 4 hire cars a month.

There isn't a small car on par with it but your paying a lot of money for what is essentially a small hatchback.(i haven't driven an A1 yet)

People will always get nostalgic but it's a completely different car to the classic minis I know I wouldn't like to drive 200 mile round trip in a day in a classic mini but a new one......

quote..... Fun is the best word for themNot nearly as much as the originals. I drove one rallying back in the 60's and also as a 'works' car.... whoever saw a blue and white Panda? OK you needed fingers with five joints to work on them but at least you could drop the engine and gearbox out in 30 mins with basic spanners and do a complete rear sub frame swap in a couple of hours in a car park in Belgium with a break for a beer.

If you want fun....go for a mini moke......you'd probably need to sell a kidney (and maybe both testicles?) to buy one now though?

Just like music, theres nothing really new, the same three chords have been sold over and over. Its the same with cars IMHO the 'Mini,' Beetle, Cinquecento, and the Mustang (do like the v8 though) I'm waiting for Ford UK to update the Mk2 Zodiac, now that would sell! Or for GM to do the 59 Impala! Heaven! :)