What's the ultimate all round gun .

Harnser

Now down to one gun as my 32" Guerini Ascent has one. Super quality gun but I really never got on with the stepped rib

and at 32", the weight and length was showing my age.

My Beretta 682 Gold E does all I ask these days and is probably the best of the 4 or 5 Berettas I have owned over

the past years.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Very thought provoking thread

Had a lot of Guns and got a few however the ultimate alround gun

Would have to be

Browning 425 special waterfowl 31/2 chambers magnum proof multi choke

You can fire any factory load through it shoot clays pigeons pheasant or wildfowl and not be out of place or undergunned

Not my favourite gun in the cabinet but the most versatile

All the best

Of

Hi

Very thought provoking thread

Had a lot of Guns and got a few however the ultimate alround gun

Would have to be

Browning 425 special waterfowl 31/2 chambers magnum proof multi choke

You can fire any factory load through it shoot clays pigeons pheasant or wildfowl and not be out of place or undergunned

Not my favourite gun in the cabinet but the most versatile

All the best

Of

You have mentioned some nice guns on here, what would be the favourite? Make us drool

Beautiful

Yes it is handling like a dream and trigger pulls you cant believe

Although for real high ones I use a mirouk high pheasant grade5 or a sp 101 mirouk

https://ibb.co/c2LMYG

For me it's my AYA No2 3" magnum,

Good alround gun nice choice 👍

For me it's my AYA No2 3" magnum,

Good alround gun nice choice 👍 Edited by Old farrier

Salvinelli Monaco 32" trap - choked 3/8 and 3/8. I have an almost unused, adjustable comb, multichoke model, but never use it.

I have owned many, many Winchester, Miroku, Browning, Nikko, Blaser, Beretta, Franchi and more - over and unders, plus a shedload of autos.

This gun fits me - relatively heavy gun, but it feels quite light. Can't imagine ever parting with it

Ithaca Model 37 ...............Clays, Game, Practical, .......Historical, Mechanical, Engineered, Traditional, Simple ...........Shot, Buck, Slug .........Comfortable, Character, User Friendly, Tactile......Strong, Steel, Wood, Solid..........If I only had one gun there is no contest

I dont think i could choose as I enjoy own various guns as much as I enjoy shooting them, every weeks clay shoot I have the choice of:

325 grade 6

Aya best quality boxlock

686 26 20g

687 30 20g sporter

303 field deluxe

302 magnum

303 20g

Yildiz 410 o/u

If I could only keep one it would probably be the 325

Edited by sishyplops

my ultimate tool i bought when i was 14 years old....from Partridges store in Hadleigh suffolk £13-14s-4d...(plus purchase tax)

i still have it but dont use it much.....................Webley&Scott 410 B/A................................christ i have slaughtered some stuff with that.....

aaaahhhhhhh the smell of powder from paper cartridges...eley furlong

my ultimate tool i bought when i was 14 years old....from Partridges store in Hadleigh suffolk £13-14s-4d...(plus purchase tax)

i still have it but dont use it much.....................Webley&Scott 410 B/A................................christ i have slaughtered some stuff with that.....

aaaahhhhhhh the smell of powder from paper cartridges...eley furlong

Ditchy, out of curiosity, how could you purchase a gun when your 14 :hmm: serious question.

I cant say I have ever owned the ultimate all round gun, mainly because I couldn't afford to buy the ones mentioned above , but to me I have had some beauties , possibly my favourite one was of all things, a Midland Gun Company , 32inch , f + f , 3inch hammer gun , it wasn't so much as the gun it was more of the memories that went with it , I used it for around 15 yrs when I was a wildfowling junkie in my mid twenties and what it shot and where we went would make some interesting reading , although that was 45 years ago , and now I have gone up market with a B S A , 2 3/4 , s x s , ej , I like the gun , but the ejectors don't mean a thing to me as I am still in the habit in removing the empties myself :yes:

All round shotgun.... hmmmmmm???

Assuming I would not get thrown out of any fancy driven shoot, then I have to go with my original Remington 870 Wingmaster. I would add a 28 or 30 inch barrel with interchangeable chokes, to the two barrels ..26 inch skeet and 30 inch very full choke barrel I have at present. If I had a tenner for everything I have shot with that shotgun I would be a fairly wealthy person. Ultra reliable, just one extractor claw replaced in 30yrs, purchased a pack of five just in case I live long enough to have to replace another :good: .

I must see if I can trace the year it was made from the serial number. It was second hand and a five shot when I purchased it from the gun auctions in Birmingham for a song.