What's the ultimate all round gun .

Harnser

I have over the years owned many ,many guns of many, makes . I have owned a beretta Urika 2 for the past few years and have got to rely on this gun for just about every thing that I shoot . It has 3 inch chambers and a 28 inch barrel back bored with 6 chokes . It's the smoothest shooting gun that I have ever owned and fits me like a glove after using the shims and the extra pad that it came with . The gun has never ever let me down and performs faultlessly. To me this gun is the altermate all rounder ,a gun I couldn't be with out . What's your altermate all rounder?

Harnser

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite in love with my CG Invictus at the moment ...

I've had 75 straight at skeet and ABT with it, shot high pheasants in Wales with it, and my last 2 shots with it killed a pair of grouse disappearing at a ridiculous mph.

My roaming eye pulls me towards a DT11 Black Edition, but my head tells me to stick with what I've got.

To answer the question from the OP though ..I guess it's a gun that you love, and that fits you well.

We'll see a lot of different responses (o/u, s/s, barrel length etc), but most of them should have those 2 qualities in common.

Edited by Smokersmith

For me my main experience is with airguns . (Far too many years and guns)

And the best all rounder ive had is my bsa scorpion .177 fac.

I have better long range guns and better close range guns and possible one that is more clinicaly accurate .but this fac .177 runs the middle ground so well .providing Good shot count .accuracy. long range , power and a manageable safety consideration aspect .

The best 1 gun does it all ive owned .

If you had asked that forty years ago I would have said my side by side Woodward which I shot with exclusively. It fitted me well and I never thought about another gun until I sold it to enable me to put a deposit down on a house. I miss it but don't regret selling it.

Now I have a Beretta A 400 semi auto. It took me several months to learn how to put three cartridges in and even now eighteen months on I am not sure how all the parts fit together once I have dismantled it to clean it. However it does seem to fit well and with half choke and my favourite cartridges it has enabled me to shoot some pretty decent pigeons.

My ugly wood, badly engraved, short barrelled Lanber that I bought as my first gun. I've bought and sold about 20 since then, but still go back to the Lanber when I open the cabinet. It just does what it's meant to.

And thats what its all about. I often rave about my Perazzi, but among my collection is a little 27 barrelled Winchester 101 Field. It is fixed choke and plain and if I couldnt have the Perazzi I wouldnt feel shortchanged as long as I could keep the 101. I will never part with it.

Now I have a Beretta A 400 semi auto. It took me several months to learn how to put three cartridges in and even now eighteen months on I am not sure how all the parts fit together once I have dismantled it to clean it. However it does seem to fit well and with half choke and my favourite cartridges it has enabled me to shoot some pretty decent pigeons.

Same me, i wouldn't be without my A 400 Explor, it fits me like a glove and it's a dream to shoot, even with the heaviest loads. Just bought another one, to make sure....

Rifle wise, if i have to keep only one, that will be my Blaser R8 in .270, no doubt about it.