bumpy22

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Robden said:

Which of the six has the best anthem?  I bet England would be last with our "dirge."

France's is the best, followed by Scotland.

I always think the longer or more jaunty the national anthem, the bigger the inferiority complex of the relevant country.

In any case, the home nations should sing "God save the Queen" - they're bought and paid for and should show their gratitude!

Well done Flashman, i saw your avater on this thread earlier and knew that it would be a comment to make me laugh.

God save Lizzie and the English tax payer, I love spending your hard earned.

The free prescription paracetamol (thanks for those) did the job just fine in easing the hangover after watching Scotland get humped by the Welsh.

7 hours ago, Flashman said:

France's is the best, followed by Scotland.

I always think the longer or more jaunty the national anthem, the bigger the inferiority complex of the relevant country.

The Marseillaise is 7 verses long, with a chorus each time.  Hardly a ditty:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Marseillaise

RS

2 hours ago, grrclark said:

Well done Flashman, i saw your avater on this thread earlier and knew that it would be a comment to make me laugh.

God save Lizzie and the English tax payer, I love spending your hard earned.

The free prescription paracetamol (thanks for those) did the job just fine in easing the hangover after watching Scotland get humped by the Welsh.

White man's burden - you must look after those who you colonise

18 hours ago, walshie said:

I do'n't really get why they got hyped up so much. They won 2 out of 3 in the Autumn internationals. England and Ireland won 3/3.  If they don't buck their ideas up, they could be contenders for the wooden spoon.

England and Ireland didn't play the best team in the world in the Autumn's, though. And Scotland ran them (New Zealand) closer than anyone else could manage - including Wales...

Under Cotter we would have won on Saturday... sadly it is that simple. Townsend is not good enough and is undoing all the good work he inherited. Cotter had us playing "Organised Chaos", Townsend has us in Chaos.

19 hours ago, walshie said:

I do'n't really get why they got hyped up so much. They won 2 out of 3 in the Autumn internationals. England and Ireland won 3/3.  If they don't buck their ideas up, they could be contenders for the wooden spoon.

Yep.  Italy / Scotland could be interesting in the final round.

1 hour ago, catchthepigeonmutley said:

Yep.  Italy / Scotland could be interesting in the final round.

italy will go the tournament without a win but i think france will struggle more than scotland. i know they took a battering by the welsh but france dont seem to be able to get  a settled side or a outside half