Has law and order broken down in this country ?

Harnser

I think a high proportion of the issue is that whilst us oldies were brought up to respect or get a punished, younger kids and those brought up abroad have not had the same dicipline instilled into them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an aside I also think that is why we could not raise a decent army if war comes to this country, can you imagine the poor dears even marching in step or carrying a rifle? They'd be telling the drill instructor where to go.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I think a high proportion of the issue is that whilst us oldies were brought up to respect or get a punished, younger kids and those brought up abroad have not had the same dicipline instilled into them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an aside I also think that is why we could not raise a decent army if war comes to this country, can you imagine the poor dears even marching in step or carrying a rifle? They'd be telling the drill instructor where to go.

+1 

I think half the young lads these days would struggle to tie their shoelaces without mummys assistance.
Other than that, many of them are disturbingly effeminate.

3 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

In The Times today, an average of 60 moped muggings per day over the last year - the Met recorded over 22,000 incidents of this type. 

I wonder what the 'solve' rate has been over the same period?  Also how many have been actually sentenced to anything significant?

Here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5816629/Met-Police-launch-probe-fire-services-use-stay-policy-doomed-Grenfell-residents.html

is one of the things occupying the Police.  Whilst this whole thing has been a tragedy, the policy of 'stay put' has been a long standing one that has saved many lives.  Trying to evacuate 200+ people down a staircase in smoke will inevitably be hazardous.  The vast majority of fires are confined to the 'fireproof compartment in which they originated.  In this instance - things went wrong because fire spread in a way that had not been anticipated.

It is like wearing a seatbelt; there will be accidents were it would have been better not to wear one ......... but in the vast majority of cases, seatbelts will prevent/reduce serious injury.

Is having the Police investigate the Fire Service (for criminal activity) for such a policy really good use of police (and fire bridage) resources?  The enquiry already has experts looking at these matters.

21 minutes ago, Scully said:

So do we ban mopeds? Logic dictates so.

No just get tough on the licencing procedure, higher taxes for mopeds, and demand that they dont approach anyone in a menacing fashion.
That should sort it ?

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

same could be said of the NHS...................and poor buying......

Don't know about that too many on administration in my opinion and not enough Doctors and Nurses.  As an aside if you want to see Fat people go to your Hospital  These same people are telling us about the dangers of obesity. 

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

No just get tough on the licencing procedure, higher taxes for mopeds, and demand that they dont approach anyone in a menacing fashion.
That should sort it ?

Indeed;  hit the law abiding where it hurts most while those committing the crimes carry on as before. ?Sounds a little familiar. ?

18 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So where the hell are they all?

Dealing with regular mispers, regular mental people phoning up threatening suicide, people upset about their kid being called a **** on Facebook.

Tripe really.

I along with others came to the conclusion the job is pointless. Day after day you achieve little to nothing other than getting more cynical and frustrated/stressed.

So we transferred to mdp where the **** all you achieve at least has some point to it.

My father was a Police Officer for 28 years in Warwickshire, trained in the inner city of Birmingham. Walking the streets in Aston with the matriarch women folded arms on the spotless front steps his training seargent would flick the cheeky kids on the head with his black leather gloves. They would cry out in pain and there mothers would tell them to grow up , the seargent later admitted to the marbles in the tip of each glove!!!!!

My father was a local Bobby he knew the villains and how they operated , if a crime was committed he would give CID three names and wasn't wrong to often. I would go to school and be confronted by kids caught by my dad the night before and they would complain that me gave them a clout around the ear then took them home to there dads who gave them another clout for getting caught!!!!!

He eventually left the Police due to the lack of respect of the public and his peers who were all graduates who in his mind were not streetwise. He loved his job and hated to leave. He knew each shop on the High street and the key holder and one night found the local garage workshop open. Filled the back of the patrol car ( Austin Westminster) with a chrome bell on the front, and drove it to the police station and told the desk seargent when they report the burglary tell them to pick up the tools and lock the door next time.

He would be turning in his grave if he saw the current situation. 

Edited by pigeon controller

4 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5816629/Met-Police-launch-probe-fire-services-use-stay-policy-doomed-Grenfell-residents.html

is one of the things occupying the Police.  Whilst this whole thing has been a tragedy, the policy of 'stay put' has been a long standing one that has saved many lives.  Trying to evacuate 200+ people down a staircase in smoke will inevitably be hazardous.  The vast majority of fires are confined to the 'fireproof compartment in which they originated.  In this instance - things went wrong because fire spread in a way that had not been anticipated.

It is like wearing a seatbelt; there will be accidents were it would have been better not to wear one ......... but in the vast majority of cases, seatbelts will prevent/reduce serious injury.

Is having the Police investigate the Fire Service (for criminal activity) for such a policy really good use of police (and fire bridage) resources?  The enquiry already has experts looking at these matters.

Ah, but if a complain has been made, (and we can take it as read that it has), the police have no choice but to investigate, and be seen to be investigating. 

The real story is who has made the complaint, (no prizes for guessing, its obvious) and what their motivation is (compensation). There will be ambulance chasing lawyers already preparing cases ready to go.

Edited by Vince Green

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

That should sort it ?

Maybe a Doctors letter to prove suitability of ownership  ??

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Ah, but if a complain has been made, (and we can take it as read that it has), the police have no choice but to investigate, and be seen to be investigating. 

I have made 3 'complaints' over the years;

• Travellers setting up camp in one of my late father's fields - No action, no one attended - fortunately travellers were 'reasonable' and moved on.
  • My garage broken into and approx £1000 of tools and garden machinery stolen - plus neighbours also lost items from their property - No action - did attend 2 days later and pronounced lock had been forced - I had told them that on the phone anyway!
  • Threats to an employee (when I ran a shoot) from illegal travellers/campers - did attend ......... at wrong location and missed culprits by the time they arrived

They have plenty of excuses why they don't investigate complaints.