The weather here has been as nice as it can be

old'un

No, I am not about to brake into a song…but.

We have been waiting for some rain here in the West Midlands but not seen a drop, according to the weather forecast we should have had some overnight and into today (Friday) but it’s just a mix of cloud and sun and its hot, so who is getting some and who has had some?

“I am not about to brake into a song” :hmm: now that might just bring some rain :yes:

3 minutes ago, old'un said:

No, I am not about to brake into a song…but.

We have been waiting for some rain here in the West Midlands but not seen a drop, according to the weather forecast we should have had some overnight and into today (Friday) but it’s just a mix of cloud and sun and its hot, so who is getting some and who has had some?

“I am not about to brake into a song”  now that might just bring some rain

I keep getting yellow and amber thunderstorm warnings on the met office app. Nothing yet, though.

2 hours ago, Penelope said:

I keep getting yellow and amber thunderstorm warnings on the met office app. Nothing yet, though.

norfick as dry as a bune,boh.................the only thing a round here with a bit of moisture is fat sarah..

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

norfick as dry as a bune,boh.................the only thing a round here with a bit of moisture is fat sarah..

Funny, whilst searching for your place I didn’t see anyone matching that description- but guess she was out on Scroby sands with the others 

Edited by Jaymo

59 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

As my dear old dad always said "you'll never see a farmer on a bike", bankrupt yea right.

Well your dad did not remember 1976 then? 

I’m telling you this is not good. can’t sell store cattle as trade down 60% as no one can feed them.

beef is down 50p kg store lambs giving them away, dairy farms culling as many as they can for 30p kg  was £1.20 April,

Farms  are on winter feed and have been from June so what are they feeding through winter?

potatoes well there ****** you cannot make big chip ? from small potatoe 

There is only one thing that grows with no rain and that’s weeds.

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

Well mate you would be the person to know that???

like you said mate in another post the tackle is still working. 

1 hour ago, The gouse said:

Well your dad did not remember 1976 then? 

I’m telling you this is not good. can’t sell store cattle as trade down 60% as no one can feed them.

beef is down 50p kg store lambs giving them away, dairy farms culling as many as they can for 30p kg  was £1.20 April,

Farms  are on winter feed and have been from June so what are they feeding through winter?

potatoes well there ****** you cannot make big chip ? from small potatoe 

There is only one thing that grows with no rain and that’s weeds.

All very true. It’s getting quite desperate in places. People who forward sold their crops are in big trouble as yields are well down. 

Edited by Medic1281

35 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

People who forward sold their crops are in big trouble as yields are well done.

Whilst I have every sympathy for the farmers (my father was one), people who gamble on the futures market (which is what forward selling is) deserve what they get.

7 hours ago, spandit said:

Don't worry. I've just ordered an expensive new BBQ - it'll rain forever now

We looked after the youngest grand-daughters today. Blazing hot weather, but we could not find the paddling pool.

"You will have to buy another one", says SWMBO. All sold out locally, but one very ornate one available 5 miles away.

I had just got all the different sections inflated, the special water-spray connected and the paddly bit filled with water when the heavens opened, a full pyrotechnic thunderstorm.

"This is lovely, Grandpa. How did you arrange the overhead spray?"

"I have my contacts"

I shot a relatively steep stubble field whilst on my way around the farms last night , the car was sliding sideways as if I was on mud , I stepped out of the car to take a look , and the soil ( usually clay) was just sand , it was like driving in sand dunes , I eventually needed 4wd to get out of the field . 

I haven't spoken to any farmer friends yet , but the dairy guys around here must be really struggling, the grass fields are just straw and weeds.