Stop these Scum!

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This winter gone I was shooting a rape field not far from Bromsgrove, on walking the length of the field to get to my desired spot I could see fresh tyre marks running in all directions across the field, so when I finished shooting I popped around the farm and asked him if he knew about the tyre tracks, no, he said, must be bloody poachers after the rabbits and hares, next night he spotted lights in the same field so he drove down the lane and into the field blocking the only exit, they must have spotted him as they drove towards the exit with their headlights on full beam trying to dazzle him, when they realised they could not get out the passenger got out and approached the farmer and started shouting at him to move his f-ing car or they would brake his legs, being on his own he reversed into the lane and they sped of up the lane, on his way back home the farmer noticed them parked in a gateway about a mile up the lane, as soon as he went passed them they started to follow him with headlights on full and about three feet from his bumper, the farmer drove into the yard and they followed, stopped and just sat there, so the farmer started to approach them, they then drove straight at him but swerved off at the last minute and out onto the lane.

The farmer reported this to the police and the police put a few signs up around the area about reporting poaching, the farmer managed to get the reg but they were false plates.

These people are nasty and think nothing of using violence should you get in their way, I told him if he sees anything again just call the police and let them deal with it.

hello, a few years back we had a run in with hare coursers on the farm and they set alight to 200 plus wheat straw bales ( the big ones ), lucky they had been sold and was waiting for transport, but still not a good thing to happen, been very quite these last few years with poaching in the Vale 

16 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Keep a length of timber in the car with a load of 6 inch nails in, but don't forget to move it out of the gateway before "you" go back through it. 

I bet they don't have 4 spare tyres. 

Works a lot better with a liberal dose of straw spread over the top....

5 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Works a lot better with a liberal dose of straw spread over the top....

Oh definitely lol

There were some dog chaps in a pub I used years ago, telling some chap they run their digs here and there, i said I'd shoot the dog's if I saw them on my perms.

Didn't go down too well for some reason !!!  

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Tony Martin had the answer! But it was he who ended up in the slammer!

He didn't have the answer though did he, his farm is a wreck, he lives in a car, no one likes him and the travelling community wants him dead, so I'd say his idea of the answer was a complete balls up!

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

That's because he made two mistakes he didn't finish the job, and he didn't dig a hole.

Edited by fse10
/

6 minutes ago, Big Mat said:

He didn't have the answer though did he, his farm is a wreck, he lives in a car, no one likes him and the travelling community wants him dead, so I'd say his idea of the answer was a complete balls up!

Apart from the travelling communitys obvious dislike of him, none of the above is as a result of what he did? Apparantly his farm was a wreck before the event, it's his choice if he wants to live in a car and what's people not liking him got to do with anything?....or are you saying no one likes him because of what he did?.....I think he is the only one who can tell us whether he feels his life (or his answer to being robbed) was a complete balls up!

4 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Apart from the travelling communitys obvious dislike of him, none of the above is as a result of what he did? Apparantly his farm was a wreck before the event, it's his choice if he wants to live in a car and what's people not liking him got to do with anything?....or are you saying no one likes him because of what he did?.....I think he is the only one who can tell us whether he feels his life (or his answer to being robbed) was a complete balls up!

Apparently worth a fair chunk also. 

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Do you think its OK for someone to shoot two people one running away in the back with a illegally acquired shotgun, he got what he deserved. I have little sympathy for them,breaking  into someones house is illegal but so is illegal procession of a shotgun. 

Edited by ordnance

1 hour ago, Big Mat said:

That's the kind if life that, in his world is no different from yours or mine. 

What the other folk think of him.was no different from before his shooting of the people that broke into his home. 

26 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Do you think its OK for someone to shoot two people Who broke into his house, Yes. one running away in the back with a illegally acquired shotgun, he got what he deserved. I have little sympathy for them, braking into someones house is illegal but so is illegal procession of a shotgun. 

7 minutes ago, old'un said:

Do you think its OK for someone to shoot two people Who broke into his house, Yes. one running away in the back with a illegally acquired shotgun, he got what he deserved. I have little sympathy for them, braking into someones house is illegal but so is illegal procession of a shotgun. 

OK i take from that you support people who illegally own shotguns.  :hmm:

17 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Who the hell hare courses in August, the season doesn't start while October and finishes end of February when it was legal. 

I bet their dogs are world beaters killing half grown levrets 

They don’t care. Saw some on Sunday in a stubble field on my mates place. He called the police and they sent a car but as always a bit too late

A local landowner had a similar problem. He noticed the same vehicle parking in the area, when the illegal activity was taking place.

Locals report a metal spike found its way through the front grill about a third of the way up from the bottom of the radiator. Then reappeared, unlike the vehicle.

How true I don't know but made me smile.

Was foxing on a farm last week and got talking to farmers wife and that very day she seen to men dragging a Deer out of the hedge early morning i ask her  did she report it 

she said no as she didn't want them coming back  in the night Farmers are afraid these days as there is no back up from police 

9 hours ago, ordnance said:

OK i take from that you support people who illegally own shotguns.  

Illegally held guns are another question, I was giving my opinion on…”Do you think its OK for someone to shoot two people” and without going into the details of this case (which we are all aware of) my answer was, Yes.

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

Was foxing on a farm last week and got talking to farmers wife and that very day she seen to men dragging a Deer out of the hedge early morning i ask her  did she report it 

she said no as she didn't want them coming back  in the night Farmers are afraid these days as there is no back up from police 

I was asked some years back not to confront these type of chaps for fear of retaliation. On two areas of land farmed away from his home farm my farming friend has fitted into the access lanes two large locked drop bars (the sort that drop in to the ground) to prevent access and on one occasion they even tried to blow out the locks to gain access.