scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Yes I do! They have sabotaged Brexit, by voting down everything, to such an extent that the only options that appear to be left are to run another (but this time rigged with limited options) referendum (hoping project fear has worked on the electorate!) water Brexit down to a BRINO...........or not leave at all....any of these options would satisfy them because that is what remainers want...to stay in the EU!

The only Brexit that would truly satisfy Leavers, is to reject the "take it or leave it deal" offered and honour the result of the referendum by going for a  "no deal Brexit"............but of course the remainers MP's in Parliament have voted that option out!....

If May really wanted to deliver Brexit to the people of the UK, she would tell parliament their votes were not binding, and tell the EU, unless they renegotiate the UK will leave the EU on 29th March 2019, without a deal!......and do it!

Absaloutly spot on. 

Here's a question, all this we didn't know what we voted for, how many on here who honestly voted leave, would not like to see a wto brexit at this point? Because I haven't spoken to a single person I know who voted leave and wouldn't love to see it implemented and fully expected what is now referred to as a "hard" brexit when leave was voted for. 

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Couldn't be any clearer, get us out as you promised, "hard" brexit. 

40 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Whos asked them ? 
If polls have been done that show no deal is favoured amongst leavers , would they publish it , if it werent in their interests?

Hang on, I thought polls were rubbish?

What if it had been 58 % or 56 % , do you think it would have made a difference ?

I chose 60% arbitrarily to try to make a wider point.

So why dont they pass it then ?

I still think they may very well do so.

Quite simply, apart from around a 100 core Brexiteer MPs , Parliament is trying to kill the result.

I understand that being your view but I don't think it's as straightforward as setting out to kill it.

Are the remainers on here OK with that ?

If it prevents a no-deal then I'm afraid so, obviously I'm only speaking for myself here. I'm open to being convinced that 17.4M people were voting for no deal but there is no credible data to prove that.

43 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Yes I do! They have sabotaged Brexit, by voting down everything, to such an extent that the only options that appear to be left are to run another (but this time rigged with limited options) referendum (hoping project fear has worked on the electorate!) water Brexit down to a BRINO...........or not leave at all....any of these options would satisfy them because that is what remainers want...to stay in the EU!

The only Brexit that would truly satisfy Leavers, is to reject the "take it or leave it deal" offered and honour the result of the referendum by going for a  "no deal Brexit"............but of course the remainers MP's in Parliament have voted that option out!....

If May really wanted to deliver Brexit to the people of the UK, she would tell parliament their votes were not binding, and tell the EU, unless they renegotiate the UK will leave the EU on 29th March 2019, without a deal!......and do it!

The only way to prove your point would be through a second public vote, I understand the objections to that and have empathy for them but I don't see many other ways of getting out of this mess. No deal Brexit ain't happening...

20 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The only way to prove your point would be through a second public vote, I understand the objections to that and have empathy for them but I don't see many other ways of getting out of this mess. No deal Brexit ain't happening...

The public don't need to be asked again they/we have already decided! They/we did not voted to leave the EU conditionally! They/we voted to leave the EU!

Hopefully "no deal" Brexit ain't dead yet!.....just needs someone with some gonads, who genuinely wants the leave the EU to front it up!

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

All of that, maybe more , maybe less, who knows ?
Until we can actually leave, nothing is certain, why do you think we need an EU to do trade, are we completely incapable of doing whats right for British trade without them, I mean, what did we do without them for the last 2000 years ?
More importantly ,  why does the  EU need US so badly ?
You would think they would want rid of these troublesome English ! Always stepping in and ruining their plans...

So in which case some one needs to set out what we want, why we want it, why it will work and how we intend to do it. Rather than lets have some apple pie and cream. 

The last 2000 years? Kill each other. That's what we did and make slaves out of anyone else. 

2 hours ago, hedge said:

`Free market` certainly isn't as simple as it sounds. It is far more complicated and there appear to be no guarantees that we just jump onto WTO rules.

We will of course have to renegotiate deals that are already in place - possibly on worse terms. We should also be able to open up new trade deals elsewhere. 

The whole thing is linked to supply and demand. 

We seem to be forgetting that the EU don't want us to leave for a reason. We have stuff that they want. We will still buy/sell products (see supply and demand) and deals will be done. It does take time though.

There is no such thing as a free market anywhere. Nothing is free. Trade is barter and negotiation. I keep hearing more of this apple pie trading elsewhere. We can trade anywhere we want now. Trade deals might be better seen as expressions of power rather than trade.

2 hours ago, Scully said:

You repeatedly harp on about your claim that we didn’t know what we were voting for! We did. Why is it so difficult to understand? 

We voted to leave; it is the politicians who are besotted with a ‘deal’. If we’d just said we’re going, and then done so, instead of our politicians making a complete **** up of it all, then we’d be out by now and busy getting on with our lives. 

I keep harping on about it because there are 17 million versions of what was voted for, all of which result in the situation we are in now where. We have done nothing as a nation for 3 years. Where we are looking increasingly stupid in front of our neighbours. Where we are at risk of breaking up the union. Are you telling me that people voted for that? I think not. They voted for various shades of unicorn when the basic precept never existed in the first place. I very much doubt it will be over in short order regardless of who was or is running the show. All the time we are persisting on this course of self flagellation we are not getting on with anything.

Edited by oowee

59 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

out means out, clear as day courteous of Mr Cameron, ther will be no second vote

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Did you see - his lips were moving.  As a politician, that means he is lying.

I dont even find that funny anymore! They are corrupt, self serving scum! All of em! They conspire to do everything they can to hide behind archaic procedures, parliamentary privilege, and deception to avoid accountability, look at the corruption we know (a bit!) about....cash for questions, expenses, bribes, freebies, second homes, jollies to exotic parts etc, etc.........apart from a couple of sacrificial lambs they are still all there royally ripping us off!.....and frustrating the will of the people of the UK!

Am I alone in finally reaching this conclusion!

45 minutes ago, oowee said:

So in which case some one needs to set out what we want, why we want it, why it will work and how we intend to do it. 

Err..did we not just spend 3 years sorting this out ? 
What we are actually doing is re running the 2016 in Parliament, WE have been forgotten about, AGAIN.

47 minutes ago, oowee said:

Rather than lets have some apple pie and cream. 

Ill take that over the dog **** sandwich theyre offering right now.

48 minutes ago, oowee said:

The last 2000 years? Kill each other. That's what we did and make slaves out of anyone else. 

Wow ! The EU will stop us from killing each other, who knew ?

49 minutes ago, oowee said:

There is no such thing as a free market anywhere. Nothing is free.

I know its costs us £10 bn a year, but havnt you heard , for every pound we put in, we get 10 back ?

51 minutes ago, oowee said:

I keep harping on about it because there are 17 million versions of what was voted for, all of which result in the situation we are in now

17.4 million versions, but not one of them was stop in and suck it up, dont put the blame on the people because Parliament has a remain majority, and doesnt care what the people want.

6 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I dont even find that funny anymore! They are corrupt, self serving scum! All of em! They conspire to do everything they can to hide behind archaic procedures, parliamentary privilege, and deception to avoid accountability, look at the corruption we know (a bit!) about....cash for questions, expenses, bribes, freebies, second homes, jollies to exotic parts etc, etc.........apart from a couple of sacrificial lambs they are still all there royally ripping us off!.....and frustrating the will of the people of the UK!

Not at all, but a lot of us reached it a long time ago!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

17.4 million versions, but not one of them was stop in and suck it up, dont put the blame on the people because Parliament has a remain majority, and doesnt care what the people want.

I most definitely do not put the blame on the people.

I blame the tories trying to sell a **** to the people, and 17m of the public buying it.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

So in which case some one needs to set out what we want, why we want it, why it will work and how we intend to do it. Rather than lets have some apple pie and cream. 

There is no such thing as a free market anywhere. Nothing is free. Trade is barter and negotiation. I keep hearing more of this apple pie trading elsewhere. We can trade anywhere we want now. Trade deals might be better seen as expressions of power rather than trade.

I keep harping on about it because there are 17 million versions of what was voted for, all of which result in the situation we are in now where. We have done nothing as a nation for 3 years. Where we are looking increasingly stupid in front of our neighbours. Where we are at risk of breaking up the union. Are you telling me that people voted for that? I think not. They voted for various shades of unicorn when the basic precept never existed in the first place. I very much doubt it will be over in short order regardless of who was or is running the show. All the time we are persisting on this course of self flagellation we are not getting on with anything.

No, there AREN’T 17.4 million versions of what we voted for; no one was given any ‘option’ apart from leave or remain. There was no ‘leave on the understanding we can negotiate a deal over the next three years,’ or ‘leave if the politicians and media don’t succeed in getting us the result we really want’, or any other version you care to think of. 

Leave or remain, and that was it. What on Earth do people think is going to happen if we just leave with no deal? What are people so afraid of for crying out loud!? 

NO ONE IS GOING TO DIE! 

Grow some cajones and just leave! It’s as simple as that. Let the EU worry about it

while we just get on with getting on. There is absolutely nothing for us to fear but fear itself. This is just mind numbingly ridiculously pathetic! 

Edited by Scully

17 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Not a word i would use. Inflammatory language does not promote reasoned debate. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

No, there AREN’T 17.4 million versions of what we voted for; no one was given any ‘option’ apart from leave or remain. There was no ‘leave on the understanding we can negotiate a deal over the next three years,’ or ‘leave if the politicians and media don’t succeed in getting us the result we really want’, or any other version you care to think of. 

Leave or remain, and that was it. What on Earth do people think is going to happen if we just leave with no deal? What are people so afraid of for crying out loud!? 

NO ONE US GOING TO DIE! 

Grow some cajones and just leave! It’s as simple as that. Let the EU worry about it

while we just get on with getting in. There is absolutely nothing for us to fear but fear itself. This is just mind numbingly ridiculously pathetic! 

Leave the EU yes simple solution but there will be a few mill that will say we wanted to leave everything else even though that was not a choice on offer. People already die of poverty. 

It's just process to sort it but we need to know what we are trying to sort.

Tell you what, re run it , just the same as before, because surely they know what theyre voting for now ?

Make sure its a general election as well , so we can vote for a Parliament that will actually do what ever the vote says.

They wouldnt dare 😂

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Are they the 17 million who didnt know what they were voting for then ?
But you dont blame them ?

There are lot of people (17m plus) that can't resist a bargain even when it's too good to be true. 

Lipstick on a pig and in the right light who knows 😍

Just now, Rewulf said:

Tell you what, re run it , just the same as before, because surely they know what theyre voting for now ?

Make sure its a general election as well , so we can vote for a Parliament that will actually do what ever the vote says.

They wouldnt dare 😂

You reckon? There will be a re run even if it has to be done through a GE. Even if we pass this first hurdle there is no consensus as to what a deal will look like. We need a mandate.

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Because they are uneducated yes ?

They had a different view of the world from the other 17m. I still say that of the 34 mill that expressed an opinion 30 mill (or so) want the same thing.

Just now, oowee said:

You reckon? There will be a re run even if it has to be done through a GE. Even if we pass this first hurdle there is no consensus as to what a deal will look like. We need a mandate.

I reckon.

They wouldnt dare pull a general election on a remain manifesto would they ?

And what do you mean they need a mandate , the mandate is , we had a vote, and Parliament , being 2/3 rds remain wont honour it, so we re run it WITH a general election on the back of it, you tick the box, you make your choice, we know whos who now dont we ?

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

I reckon.

They wouldnt dare pull a general election on a remain manifesto would they ?

And what do you mean they need a mandate , the mandate is , we had a vote, and Parliament , being 2/3 rds remain wont honour it, so we re run it WITH a general election on the back of it, you tick the box, you make your choice, we know whos who now dont we ?

A mandate for the middle ground. Lib dem is a remain manifesto. Split the tories in half and put up an unelectable labour candidate and who is left? At best a coalition. 

I still say that of the 34 mill that expressed an opinion 30 mill (or so) want the same thing.

Just where does this rubbish come from?

Inflammatory language does not promote reasoned debate

But peddling inane comments about people having different opinions about what they were voting for - when the ballot was stay or leave - is reasoned? Classic remainer stuff.

there is nothing we can do...we will continue to be blinded by science and lies.....what will be will be..............the "trouble" will begin after all the "stay----exit" comes to a conclusion...........thats when politics is going to get really messy...

17 minutes ago, oowee said:

A mandate for the middle ground. Lib dem is a remain manifesto. Split the tories in half and put up an unelectable labour candidate and who is left? At best a coalition. 

Funny you should mention the Libdems , a party that promised something in their manifesto , then completely reneged on it, then got wiped out at the next election.

If the tories put a Brexiteer PM  up, deselect some of their remainer MPs and make it their manifesto pledge to honour the leave vote ,  then will win with plenty left in the tank.

Labour ? Does anyone take labour seriously any more ? 

See all that red in the north ? That be gone :yes:

2017UKElectionMap.svg

1*4yg8a7XhHhZbIfoFBnsB5Q.png