Lidl - did you know?

Vince Green

Big family BBQ on Saturday so we said we would buy the food. Went to Lidl today to buy the meat etc . Only to be told when we got to the checkout you can't buy all this stuff. You can only buy max 6 of any individual item. So six packets of burgers, six packets of bread rolls, six steaks, six bottles of any beer etc.

I have never heard of such a thing, oh yes its company policy was the reply

Anybody else heard of this ?

19 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Big family BBQ on Saturday so we said we would buy the food. Went to Lidl today to buy the meat etc . Only to be told when we got to the checkout you can't buy all this stuff. You can only buy max 6 of any individual item. So six packets of burgers, six packets of bread rolls, six steaks, six bottles of any beer etc.

So you buy six, your misses buys six then get some more another day? But I've never bought that many items the same.

Think it's Morrison's advert that makes me laugh, wine on offer max per customer 36 bottles!!!

When I retired ,  I got a part time job in Iceland, the Chinese chippy,s used to fill there trolleys with Holland,s pie,s,  people complained there were none left. So the manager put a sign up 2 packs max per customer , so next week chippy fella comes in with whole family (it was hilarious), grandma & grandkids , looked between aged 5 and 95 , they would all get the 2 packs  go out to the car and back again for another 2.

13 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Go out put it all in the car, go back in and buy another load!

14 hours ago, Mice! said:

Think it's Morrison's advert that makes me laugh, wine on offer max per customer 36 bottles!!!

I always felt this was such a restriction, especially at Christmas.  We just did a loop to the car and back again a few times.

The worst restriction I have seen was Amazon, They had bottles of Glenlivet at £15 and you could only order 4.  Had to sign the lad up too, mind you, he got an introductory Credit Card offer with £25 off first purchase so his cost £9 or so.  Very warm Christmas it was too.  You can get real bargains sometimes.

I just did the same (I open then close credit cards weekly) just last week and got 2 Trail cameras for £22.

RS