Dianne Abbot

peck

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bobba said:

And the basis of your belief is...............?  Evidence please.

41 minutes ago, London Best said:

I reckon I saw it on BBC News a couple of years ago, film of her leaving court after sentencing???

8 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Couldn't  find anything on search except about her son who has been convicted on drug offences.

So, as you are unable to produce any evidence whatsoever, please justify to the PW gathering what motivated you to say "I believe she is a convicted criminal"?

Whatever you think of DA or Corbyn, it doesn’t help just slagging them off on a public forum. Particularly unfortunate if you make false and probably defamatory remarks. You might be bored, ****** or just careless, but it doesn’t look good. I’d just end by saying I am not a fan of either.

10 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Whatever you think of DA or Corbyn, it doesn’t help just slagging them off on a public forum. Particularly unfortunate if you make false and probably defamatory remarks. You might be bored, ****** or just careless, but it doesn’t look good. I’d just end by saying I am not a fan of either.

Im not sure this line of thinking is justified.
If I thought DA was a terrible person, can I not voice my opinion ?

What is it about her that makes her off limits , where BJ, farage or Trump are fair game ?
Is it because shes black, a woman ?
People in the media make fun of just about every celebrity or political face EVERY DAY, satirical magazines, videos , and media columns regularly post deeply offensive material with abandon EVERY DAY.
You may remember a program called Spitting image ?

So Im not sure where the line needs to be drawn , particularly with Ms Abbott, in my mind she is as fair game as any other politician.
We could call that EQUALITY.

13 hours ago, London Best said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe she is a convicted criminal? 
I so, she should not be allowed to hold office at all.

You seem to have melded Ms Abbott with Kate Osamor (drug dealing son) and Jailed for fraud , Fiona  Onasanya.
3 black labour politicians.
I would leave it at that.

She should step down, there's clearly something a miss with her mental health. 

I agree with her being criticised for all the stupid things she comes out with. I don't agree with the threats of rape, being killed and racism she's apparently subjected to daily.  That's unacceptable. 

Being incompetent doesn't justify that level of abuse. 

2 minutes ago, Muddy Funker said:

I agree with her being criticised for all the stupid things she comes out with. I don't agree with the threats of rape, being killed and racism she's apparently subjected to daily.  That's unacceptable. 

Absolutely !

On the one hand I do wonder if she would get so much abuse if she wasn’t a black female ... on the other hand I genuinely wonder if she would even be in office if she wasn’t a black female. 

There are plenty of other black, and female members of parliament who managed not to look to incredibly stupid... 

I do think that anyone from a “normal” working class or even middle class would have a hell of a job in Parliament... I think we sometimes forget that many there have been groomed from such a young age to debate argue and talk and it’s no surprise that someone from a poor background can easily be made a fool of. I’m just surprised it doesn’t happen more. 

However, Abbott is a complete joke, her inability to recognise her own foolishness and some of the things she says is ridiculous, yet she’s hardly going to resign is she, she’s on the gravy train. 

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

On the one hand I do wonder if she would get so much abuse if she wasn’t a black female ... on the other hand I genuinely wonder if she would even be in office if she wasn’t a black female. 

First female black MP I believe, shes been a figurehead for labours equality drive ever since.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

There are plenty of other black, and female members of parliament who managed not to look to incredibly stupid... 

I do think that anyone from a “normal” working class or even middle class would have a hell of a job in Parliament... I think we sometimes forget that many there have been groomed from such a young age to debate argue and talk and it’s no surprise that someone from a poor background can easily be made a fool of. I’m just surprised it doesn’t happen more. 

Apparently she went to uni and has a degree ?
If she came from a poor background, all I can say is , she isnt now.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

However, Abbott is a complete joke, her inability to recognise her own foolishness and some of the things she says is ridiculous, yet she’s hardly going to resign is she, she’s on the gravy train. 

I believe she was once much sharper, although shes always have that dour manner.
Is she ill, getting old ?
Shes going no where with 80 % of her constituency voting for her anyway.
Abbott for leader of the opposition I say , should keep them quiet for a bit .

25 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

On the other hand she has traded heavily throughout her political career on being the token black female in the Labour Party.

Rather suprisingly, for many years she was the only black female in a prominent role in the party.

I think the tokenism aspect meant that she didn't actually have to do anything, she just had to be there. So she was able to hide her lack of ability. It was only when Corbyn stupidly appointed her to his shadow cabinet that the spotlight picked her out. 

Edited by Vince Green

5 hours ago, Muddy Funker said:

She should step down, there's clearly something a miss with her mental health. 

If they claims are real... or made up to get an easy ride with a sympathy ticket.

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Absolutely !

Brilliant new avatar. :lol:

Edited by Dave-G

A while ago Dianne had a bad do with her diabetes. Prior to that she was quite sharp and on the ball.

It reminds me of my Mother who was diabetic and had a bad reaction with rocketing sugar levels due to not sticking to her diet. My Mum ended up staying in hospital for some weeks after that and was never the same mentally when she came out of hospital. I wonder if this is what has affected Dianne.

The Labour party are not going to let her go easily as she has such a following in her constituency.

18 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

A while ago Dianne had a bad do with her diabetes. Prior to that she was quite sharp and on the ball.

It reminds me of my Mother who was diabetic and had a bad reaction with rocketing sugar levels due to not sticking to her diet. My Mum ended up staying in hospital for some weeks after that and was never the same mentally when she came out of hospital. I wonder if this is what has affected Dianne.

The Labour party are not going to let her go easily as she has such a following in her constituency.

If that is the case Diane Abbott is unfit for her job!