Lockdown

DazAllison

33 minutes ago, soulboy1957 said:

Have been self isolating since Wednesday with all the symptoms of coronavirus, 111 have advised me to self medicate and call an ambulance if i deteriorate.
Believe me it is truly awful and im fairly fit.
I understand the temptation to open bars for "take away" outside and take a few quid is it worth it????
Stop behaving like ita a bank holiday **** up, trust me, you dont want this.

But is it any different to Flu? Proper flu knocks you for six, it put my mum in hospital years ago and lead to other health problems further down the line.

40 minutes ago, AVB said:

I think some people on here need to give their heads a wobble. 

It isn’t going to kill everybody  

it isn’t a bio weapon  

it hasn’t come from space

the majority who get it will make a quick recovery

a few will need hospitalisation 

fewer still will die. The majority of these will have been poorly anyway. It’s a shame but that’s life/death.  Of the people who die nobody knows (the government have been quite clear on this) how many would have died anyway. 

It’s important that we slow the spread but slowing it isn’t a solution. 

Now if you truly think that any of the above isn’t true then I suggest you top yourself now as there is no hope for you. 

That sums up my thoughts, have you heard from anyone in Japan as to how there doing?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Mice! said:

But is it any different to Flu? Proper flu knocks you for six, it put my mum in hospital years ago and lead to other health problems further down the line.

That sums up my thoughts, have you heard from anyone in Japan as to how there doing?

Spoke to some mates in Japan today. Pretty much business as usual. Encouraged to work from home if possible but bars/restaurants/shops still open. Trains still packed. 

1 hour ago, AVB said:

Spoke to some mates in Japan today. Pretty much business as usual. Encouraged to work from home if possible but bars/restaurants/shops still open. Trains still packed. 

And yet they closed the schools ages ago? Very strange. 

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Its a knock you for six flu, temperature, aches, shooting pains, sore throat, headache, shortness of breath, i can run 2k easily, but I'm out of breath going upstairs, its bad, but it's not the worst flu ive I've had. Day 4 or 5 and im starting to feel a bit better. 

Just now, soulboy1957 said:

Its a knock you for six flu, temperature, aches, shooting pains, sore throat, headache, shortness of breath, i can run 2k easily, but I'm out of breath going upstairs, its bad, but it's not the worst flu ive I've had. Day 4 or 5 and im starting to feel a bit better. 

Were you tested for it, or are you guessing you have it?

1 hour ago, soulboy1957 said:

Glad your on the mend. 

Just watching the news, it looks like a bank holiday,  sun is out and people have flocked to the countryside and beaches?? Showed a market in London with loads of people there.

I wonder if they don't want to declare a full lock down because they can't enforce it?

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

And yet they closed the schools ages ago? Very strange. 

Yes it is strange. I haven’t had anybody explain why the virus behaving that way (1,046 cases, 36 deaths) in Japan? Japan has the oldest population (Italy is second) so would have expected it to be hit badly. 

5 hours ago, AVB said:

I think some people on here need to give their heads a wobble. 

It isn’t going to kill everybody  

it isn’t a bio weapon  

it hasn’t come from space

the majority who get it will make a quick recovery

a few will need hospitalisation 

fewer still will die. The majority of these will have been poorly anyway. It’s a shame but that’s life/death.  Of the people who die nobody knows (the government have been quite clear on this) how many would have died anyway. 

It’s important that we slow the spread but slowing it isn’t a solution. 

Now if you truly think that any of the above isn’t true then I suggest you top yourself now as there is no hope for you. 

^^^^^^ not a lot of help if you’re the high risk person maybe undergoing treatment or have a child with health issues 

there’s going to be parents out of there mind with worry 

just saying 

7 minutes ago, AVB said:

Yes it is strange. I haven’t had anybody explain why the virus behaving that way (1,046 cases, 36 deaths) in Japan? Japan has the oldest population (Italy is second) so would have expected it to be hit badly. 

Maybe everyone in japan is a lot cleaner?

italy with their faith, all the old people were probably kissing the same cross and bible...

24 minutes ago, AVB said:

My wife has a Japanese friend and she goes back once year to visit family. All the usual junk food outlets have set up there now so the health of the younger people is of course declining and will soon be as bad as ours, but older Japanese who still have a traditional diet are probably the healthiest older people anywhere on the planet.

The point is the immune system needs good nutrition, regular physical exercise and plenty of daylight to function properly. As I posted elsewhere, you only have to look around at the physical state of many customers in the supermarket and the trash they fill their trolleys with to see that a high proportion of people will have a below par immune system.

1 hour ago, Westward said:

My wife has a Japanese friend and she goes back once year to visit family. All the usual junk food outlets have set up there now so the health of the younger people is of course declining and will soon be as bad as ours, but older Japanese who still have a traditional diet are probably the healthiest older people anywhere on the planet.

I've always thought a lot of what Japan does is great, the way people exercise together at work just for one, but the low number of cases and deaths compared with us seems very strange.

55 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I've always thought a lot of what Japan does is great, the way people exercise together at work just for one, but the low number of cases and deaths compared with us seems very strange.

The only thing I can think of is their fixation with cleanliness and wearing masks. Japanese people don’t wear masks in order to prevent catching something they wear them in order to prevent infecting somebody else. They are very aware of their social responsibility. 

If somebody sneezes in the office before you can blink they have put a mask on. 

Or it could be their love of whisky. 

Edited by AVB

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

Just watching the news, it looks like a bank holiday,  sun is out and people have flocked to the countryside and beaches?? Showed a market in London with loads of people there.

I wonder if they don't want to declare a full lock down because they can't enforce it?

That is part of it, if you enact legislation and mandate a certain type of behaviour there has to be a consequence for those who flout it.  We cannot arrest everyone and lock them up, so it will have to be fines and it will have to be really punishing fines at that and we need new legislation for that.

Also we had to get the populace to an appropriate state where these sorts of measures could be implemented, if the government had taken these steps 3 or 3 weeks ago there would have been riots.

On a positive note, I must give a big-up to the staff at my local Tesco today.

My wife is a nurse in the NHS so we were able to go down just after nine this morning to do a shop. I was amazed at how many people were there. Everyone had to produce an NHS card to get in.

Problem was that they were still sticking to Sunday opening hours so we couldn't actually pay for our shopping until 10 O'clock so massive queue's formed halfway around the store by about half nine of people waiting to check out and it looked like it was going to be pretty chaotic trying to feed everyone into the tills.

However, there was a Tesco worker who was not on shift, but happened to be in the store, and he stepped up and organised everyone into shorter queue's for each check-out, both manned and self-service and everyone got through in an orderly fashion.

All the staff were helpful and everyone was given a free boquet of flowers. ( I know they were just over-stocked but still a nice gesture)

Most people had fairly full trollies because they knew they'd have to get stuff in to last a few days but there was no bulk-buying and everyone I saw just took one or two of each item.

Thanks Tesco.

Some stores are doing their best, but i am not sure this is a good idea. Putting together people that are prone to catching the virus NHS staff, with people that it could kill if they become infected. 

Sainsbury’s stores in Cheshire are typically open from 7am - 10pm from Monday to Saturday.

From 8am - 9am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from next week, healthcare staff along with the elderly and vulnerable will be allowed exclusive access to the shops.

26 minutes ago, KFC said:

Everyone had to produce an NHS card to get in.

Well that's a good thing 👏👏

1 hour ago, AVB said:

The only thing I can think of is their fixation with cleanliness and wearing masks. Japanese people don’t wear masks in order to prevent catching something they wear them in order to prevent infecting somebody else. They are very aware of their social responsibility. 

If somebody sneezes in the office before you can blink they have put a mask on. 

Or it could be their love of whisky. 

Yet people here keep going to work with colds etc because otherwise they don't get paid,  spreading the love as they say.

12 hours ago, AVB said:

Everybody, or at least the elders, goes to church in Italy? Italians kiss each other on the cheek,  i think a japanese would be horrified if you tried.

Church going in the US and the pubs in the UK. No such regular gatherings in Japan that I know of and as said they are very considerate against others when having a cold etc in public.

/Markus 

Edited by Nuke

8 hours ago, Mice! said:

Yet people here keep going to work with colds etc because otherwise they don't get paid,  spreading the love as they say.

That’s the thing really; if you’re self employed then you have to work, unfortunately. I’m getting ready to go now. 

11 minutes ago, Scully said:

That’s the thing really; if you’re self employed then you have to work, unfortunately. I’m getting ready to go now. 

I would be in today, but our latest delivery has been delayed. I'm back in tomorrow, unless the Government shuts London down. Can't afford not to be in work without better support from the Government.