Danger-Mouse

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

Really?  Oh how I envy you!  The world and his wife who've never set foot in the countryside are now wandering anywhere they damn well choose all across the country.  You're extremely lucky Dave!

I think I've kicked about 150 wanderers off the land I keeper in the last 5 weeks.  Every single one of them claiming innocence and never seen a sign, of which there are dozens!

I'm doing a patrol 2-3 times a day now and I catch at least 1 or 2 lone people or small groups every time.  My Larsen traps were sabotaged earlier this week, so I'm proper on the warpath now.

What takes the mick whilst I'm swamped with trespassers and vandals is the rozzers are using the gateways on my patch to sit in and ambush road users.  I came away from the woods just after sunset this evening where I've got the choice of 2 gates back onto the road... I saw tail lights sat in one of them.... normally if I see a car sat blocking the gate I'll be a bit facetious and come up to the gate to make them move out of the way.  This evening I took the choice of an easy life and went out the other gate -  as I drove past the parked car I saw it was the law... they took a good look at me and I was willing them to follow me back into the village and buzz me so I could give them a piece of my mind.  Probably best it worked out the way it did, which is they left me alone

Next time you see them, why don't you tell them you've had problems with vandals committing criminal damage on your land and if they'd mind keeping an eye out, you never know, it might help if they start asking questions to people they see on your land.

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

Next time you see them, why don't you tell them you've had problems with vandals committing criminal damage on your land and if they'd mind keeping an eye out, you never know, it might help if they start asking questions to people they see on your land.

hello, as above my friend had his caravan trashed on his small holding a few days ago, some weeks back before the lockdown they did more damage, nothing stops them getting in, cut fence wire/ cut off lock/ needs 240 volt !!!!

17 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, as above my friend had his caravan trashed on his small holding a few days ago, some weeks back before the lockdown they did more damage, nothing stops them getting in, cut fence wire/ cut off lock/ needs 240 volt !!!!

They really are scum, sorry to hear about your friends property.

9 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

Really?  Oh how I envy you!  The world and his wife who've never set foot in the countryside are now wandering anywhere they damn well choose all across the country.  You're extremely lucky Dave!

I think I've kicked about 150 wanderers off the land I keeper in the last 5 weeks.  Every single one of them claiming innocence and never seen a sign, of which there are dozens!

I'm doing a patrol 2-3 times a day now and I catch at least 1 or 2 lone people or small groups every time.  My Larsen traps were sabotaged earlier this week, so I'm proper on the warpath now.

What takes the mick whilst I'm swamped with trespassers and vandals is the rozzers are using the gateways on my patch to sit in and ambush road users.  I came away from the woods just after sunset this evening where I've got the choice of 2 gates back onto the road... I saw tail lights sat in one of them.... normally if I see a car sat blocking the gate I'll be a bit facetious and come up to the gate to make them move out of the way.  This evening I took the choice of an easy life and went out the other gate -  as I drove past the parked car I saw it was the law... they took a good look at me and I was willing them to follow me back into the village and buzz me so I could give them a piece of my mind.  Probably best it worked out the way it did, which is they left me alone

It’s not a good situation I agree. You are really on a hiding to nothing accosting every trespasser you see but it is a natural reaction.

Two days ago I drove to a remote part of one local estate, primarily to give Barney a bit of exercise. Access was via grass headlands and it was quite a complicated journey round various fields. When I retraced my journey fifteen minutes later I came across a bloke on a disability scooter on the same route. 

While we are all still being told to stay home, essential journeys only etc. I and others have had some stick for doing crop protection (no problems at all) at request of farmers and we are still talking about not doing it! Yet! To day i have seen two private light aircraft (another just gone over) take off and land from a private airfield after flying low circuit over local area! Is that taking the p out of the rest of us or what! How can that be essential?       NB

5 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

While we are all still being told to stay home, essential journeys only etc. I and others have had some stick for doing crop protection (no problems at all) at request of farmers and we are still talking about not doing it! Yet! To day i have seen two private light aircraft (another just gone over) take off and land from a private airfield after flying low circuit over local area! Is that taking the p out of the rest of us or what! How can that be essential?       NB

But pilots have to retain their currency.

I thought that might be the case. Cheers! But they first i have seen for ages. Think a lot of us would enjoy that freedom right now! Must be amazing/surreal to be up there in such blue clear cloudless sky's we have to day! Just watching kestrel do the same. 😉          NB  

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I quite agree, last week I watched a Robinson R44 set off from Sywell and fly to Norwich, dropped in for fuel and flew back. But they have to fly every now and again.

And if done alone brilliant social distancing with a reason to get out and about, space from the wife etc.

11 hours ago, GingerCat said:

Dave g, I don't think you'll have an issue. It's worth asking. My force has no issues and has taken a comment sense approach, given it is in the same region I think yours will too. 

Hmm, I'm really pleased your force has staff that support civilian use of guns. Not all do.

The second FEO I met, turned out he was a new trainee openly admitted he is anti shooting and used his own prejudice to lay down rules such as: because FAC air has similar muzzle velocity to .22lr the land would need to be at least 100 acres even if it were basin shaped as it could set a precedent. I told him I'd contact BASC about his position next day and he ought to take instruction form someone more experienced. he phoned later to tell me that land was OK to shoot on now he knows.

I had another battle with him about land having to be minimum 300 acres for the 17REM I needed for very occasional fox - because the force doesn't condition any rimfire for fox, (I was prepared to bu a .22 WMR barrel for my Sako Quad). That time I wrote a complaint to the FLO and eventually he, I and a very experience sport shooting FEO over-ruled him regarding several pieces of land he had rejected. He retired soon after that. I have since had private messages from PW members in Leic's that they had rimfire conditioned for fox. There seems to be different rules for different FEO's in the same force.

I have no reason to assume a private agenda applies to any current FEO anywhere - but it might be the case: considering maybe 90% of the general adult population dislike civilian shooting and the popularity of Packham and WJ etc its feasible to wonder if any objection is allowed to creep into their power over individual shooters.

We need an org with nuts to speak firmly with those who make decisions about what we do in our niche pastime. I don't have much time for Piers Morgan - but if someone like him were our voice I bet more would be done for shooters in general - assuming they were pro shooting that is.

Edited by Dave-G

On 26/04/2020 at 10:08, JDog said:

It’s not a good situation I agree. You are really on a hiding to nothing accosting every trespasser you see but it is a natural reaction.

Two days ago I drove to a remote part of one local estate, primarily to give Barney a bit of exercise. Access was via grass headlands and it was quite a complicated journey round various fields. When I retraced my journey fifteen minutes later I came across a bloke on a disability scooter on the same route. 

That's hilarious!  How far from home was he?!  Did you have a spare battery off your magnet you could have lent him in case he ran out on the way back?! 😆

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone see the Northwest news last night?

They said 100+ think it was 150 ish but not sure assaults on police and others ie NHS. 

They showed a clip of some scrum coughing and smiling into a coppers face because he was holding him to tightly!!

How he didn't get tasered or battened is beyond me. 

I think it's because the police are enforcing the guidence not the actual law.  If these tickets where challenged in court I believe most would be throw out.

But when nicked most people realise they are taking the !"£$ and will just pay up

Our police are doing a great job and we must thank them all for their service at this time, They do have a very difficult job to do, and anyone who Spits or harms them in any way in these times deserves punishment to the full weight of the law, or even stronger powers and stricter sentencing in this Time.

But the law is what they need to be following, its very unprofessional of them to make the fundamental mistake of interpreting guidance as law.  They have a history of making such mistakes, In treating the home office guidance as firearms law. they have been doing this for years  and still are.

29 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

But the law is what they need to be following, its very unprofessional of them to make the fundamental mistake of interpreting guidance as law.  They have a history of making such mistakes, In treating the home office guidance as firearms law. they have been doing this for years  and still are.

As I said the cop in the video was being deliberately coughed at! What would have happened if the scroat had been swinging a knife? The officer wouldn't have calmly asked why are you trying  to knife me! He'd have dropped him on his rump. Really does sicken me.

24 minutes ago, Mice! said:

As I said the cop in the video was being deliberately coughed at! What would have happened if the scroat had been swinging a knife? The officer wouldn't have calmly asked why are you trying  to knife me! He'd have dropped him on his rump. Really does sicken me.

I was making no reference to that incident or video. Just the fact sadly many police forces interpret the guidance as law. if the public react causing them to break the law the laws should be upheld. And as i indicated i feel it would be wholly justifiable in this pandemic to have harsher sentencing , for those who are indeed found to be outside the law. YOMV.

Edited by lancer425