Labour - its started already

Vince Green

Forget the party system!.........The electorate need to know more about the people, their past, their politics and their sympathies, before we are asked to vote for them!....not find out they were hiding their true selves from us (Lying, deliberate deceit) in order to get elected!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

Forget the party system!.........The electorate need to know more about the people, their past, their politics and their sympathies, before we are asked to vote for them!....not find out they were hiding their true selves from us (Lying, deliberate deceit) in order to get elected!

Umm - I don't think you will find a name on any ballot paper that meets your rather exacting standards.  We are talking politicians here!

14 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I thought that was a prerequisite for the job in many parties!

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

What those pulling the strings at the Labour party don't seem to 'get' is that overall the UK does not want a 'hard left' government.  

From my experience of the left, they are not in slightest bit interested in what the majority of the population want. They are only interested in what they want themselves. Their agenda is to force the population into their world and philosophies whether they like it or not.

24 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Umm - I don't think you will find a name on any ballot paper that meets your rather exacting standards.  We are talking politicians here!

There were/are people out there, who would be worthy of my vote (if I could identify them?)....but even if these worthies wanted to stand? They wouldn't last five minutes.......because if they had true integrity? And felt the party line was wrong, they wouldn’t blindly “toe the party line” anyway!
So anyone with integrity can forget getting a party nomination! The only way to get in would be as an independent candidate, and in the unlikely event they did get in.......they would never get any position, power or influence, because the party in power are corrupt, they are a gang that only promotes from the inside and only those that do as they’re told, think as they do, and/or are willing to sell out for personal advancement!....the whole system is a cesspit of corruption!

The hard left would never give anyone who voiced a different opinion and/or wouldn’t serve their cause, a position within their ranks!

This is the reason I only vote tactically now!

15 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

From my experience of the left, they are not in slightest bit interested in what the majority of the population want.

That is true ...... but at present (thank goodness) you have first to get elected - and for that you need a majority of the electorate (subject to the vagaries of our first past the post constituency system)

15 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

They wouldn't last five minutes.......because if they had true integrity? And felt the party line was wrong, they wouldn’t blindly “toe the party line” anyway!

It is a difficult one - because to an extent - if you join a party and stand to be elected for that party - you accept the 'party line' voted for by conference or set by the elected leadership (different parties do it differently).  You have after all accepted the party's support in your election campaign - and stood to represent the party (and it's manifesto) - so I do think that you have to accept party discipline (or resign your seat).  I do not accept standing on a party ticket then going against party lines (Greive, Souberry et al).

However - I do agree that an independent has no chance (except in very exceptional circumstances).

Edited by JohnfromUK

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

That is true ...... but at present (thank goodness) you have first to get elected - and for that you need a majority of the electorate (subject to the vagaries of our first past the post constituency system)

It is a difficult one - because to an extent - if you join a party and stand to be elected for that party - you accept the 'party line' voted for by conference or set by the elected leadership (different parties do it differently).  You have after all accepted the party's support in your election campaign - and stood to represent the party (and it's manifesto) - so I do think that you have to accept party discipline (or resign your seat).  I do not accept standing on a party ticket then going against party lines (Greive, Souberry et al).

However - I do agree that an independent has no chance (except in very exceptional circumstances).

I agree......but it shows that our electoral system is made up of gangs, if you don’t say/do as the gang demands you are out! Any party candidate must accept Party (gang) interest first......and the countries interest? Some way down the list after self interest............and then usually only if it looks like there are votes in it!

Whatever anyone thinks of Grieve and Soubry and whatever their real motives?......if they had successfully overturned brexit, they would have been heroes to many remoaners!

I see Starmer has appointed Naz Shah as shadow minister for community cohesion. It's baffling! How stupid can you be? This is the same MP who was sanctioned for anti-semitic comments. The same MP that said that Rotherham girls should stop complaining about being abused "for the sake of diversity" I'm sure she'll be great for community cohesion . . .

SMH.

1 minute ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I see Starmer has appointed Naz Shah as shadow minister for community cohesion. It's baffling! How stupid can you be? This is the same MP who was sanctioned for anti-semitic comments. The same MP that said that Rotherham girls should stop complaining about being abused "for the sake of diversity" I'm sure she'll be great for community cohesion . . .

SMH.

Perhaps it shows how few he had to choose from!

On 11/04/2020 at 22:04, Gordon R said:

When he appointed Naz Shah, I mentally wrote them off for the next ten years. Absolutely the most stupid appointment since Diane Abbott and on a similar scale.

Its probably the same logic that provided Diane Abbott with a job all those years. A token woman from an ethnic minority to keep up the quota.

Did she really say those Rotherham girls need to shut up for the sake of diversity? 

It’s such a crazy thing to say ... it makes you think there’s absolutely no way it happened!! Is that a fake account made in her name or something? I’m trying to work it out?!!! 

There is a big “leave dossier” today about how Corbyn was undermined by his own party ... apparently they lost the last election on purpose... just to get rid of him ... 

In April 2016, Shah was reported to have reposted in August 2014, during Operation Protective Edge, a Facebook post with a map from Norman Finkelstein's website showing Israel superimposed on the United States, with the headline "Solution for Israel-Palestine conflict - relocate Israel into United States".[22][23] She had added the comment that this might "save them some pocket money" (i.e. US funding for Israel).[24][25] Finkelstein defended the map as humorous.[26] Shah responded that her views on Israel had moderated, and stepped down as John McDonnell's PPS.[27][28] Jeremy Corbyn condemned her posted comment as "offensive and unacceptable". She was suspended from the Labour Party that month, pending investigation.[29][30] In July, she was reinstated but given a formal warning for bringing the party into disrepute and told to apologise.[31] Shah said she had shown "ignorance": that the post was antisemitic but she was not.[32]

At the general election in June 2017, Shah was re-elected with an increased vote share, and nearly doubled her majority to 21,902 votes over the second-placed Conservative Party candidate.[33][34]

In August 2017, Shah retweeted and liked a tweet from a 'parody' account claiming to belong to Labour member Owen Jones that read: "Those abused girls in Rotherham and elsewhere just need to shut their mouths. For the good of diversity".[35] After realising the account was not Jones' and re-reading the tweet, Shah deleted the retweet and unliked the original tweet. A spokesperson said: "This was a genuine accident eight days ago that was rectified within minutes."[36][37] Shah also pointed to her record on challenging abuse.[35] In April 2018, following Winnie Madikizela-Mandela's death, Shah paid tribute by tweeting an image incorporating Mandela's quote: "Together, hand in hand, with our matches and our necklaces, we shall liberate this country."[38] She later deleted the tweet.[39][38]

She seems to be prone to tweeting appalling views and then deleting them. I will be charitable and say that she is totally stupid.

On 11/04/2020 at 22:04, Gordon R said:

Absolutely the most stupid appointment since Diane Abbott and on a similar scale.

How very dare you! How can any appointment be worse than  the Abbot😂  Can you imagine her trying to cope with the numbers presently being reported!   One sever   Elentythirty, ninetytwent six five

She brings a whole new meaning to the expression 'thicker than mince"

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, despite some values of Conservatism ,     I AM SO GLAD LABOUR ARE NOT IN POWER DURING THIS UK CRISIS

I think the vast majority of the country are very glad too!:good:

Can you imagine if Comrade Corbyn and Co had been left to handle the situation?:w00t:

10 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Did she really say those Rotherham girls need to shut up for the sake of diversity? 

It’s such a crazy thing to say ... it makes you think there’s absolutely no way it happened!! Is that a fake account made in her name or something? I’m trying to work it out?!!

Yes, she did and kept her job and got re-elected. Which speaks volumes of the Labour party and their voters!

10 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

There is a big “leave dossier” today about how Corbyn was undermined by his own party ... apparently they lost the last election on purpose... just to get rid of him ... 

Yeah, righto.

If anyone believes that, I suggest they apply to become a Labour MP, they will fit right in.

It's nothing but spin.

Edited by Newbie to this